• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First RMT thread please help :D

krazypoop

Ice Cold
Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    This is my first RMT thread and I just started competitive pokemon battling. Please comment and give me advice on what I can do to improve this team :)

Metagross @ Occa Berry
    Clear Body
    Adamant
    252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Bullet Punch
    -Explosion

One my favourite guys of all time. He sets up Stealth rock in the beginning. Very few common leads can OHKO it also making him a good lead. He can also take a hit from those fire moves like inferape,heatran, and Jirachi leads and finish him off earthquake. He can also used for late game sweeping if needed. Explosion is used to take down Hippowdon and even do damage to Bronzong

Dragonite @ Life Orb
    Inner Focus
    Mild
    112 Atk / 196 SpA / 200 Spe
    -Superpower
    -Flamethrower
    -Draco Meteor
    -Roost/T-bolt

This guy is my mix-sweeper and can take many guys down with Draco Meteor guys like swamperts and hippowdon. Flamethrower is there to take care of the steel pokemon such as scizor,bronzong, and skarmory. I am still deciding whether to have roost or t-bolt because I have my vaporeon to heal this guy for me.

Forretress@Shed Shell
    Sturdy
    Relaxed
    252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
    -Spike/Toxic Spike
    -Rapid Spin
    -Payback
    -Explosion
    This guy is a support to my entry hazards and can always spin away my enemies hazards. Shed shell protects me from magnezone's magnet pull so I can switch out. I am still deciding whether to use Spike or toxic spike. Rapid spin again is to take out the hazards. Payback is for blocking ghosts(gengar) from me rapid spinning because this guy is slower. Explosion is for end game use and get rid of sweepers.

Tyranitar@ Choice Band
    Sand Stream
    Adamant
    160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
    -Stone Edge
    -Crunch
    -Pursuit
    -Aqua Tail

Tyranitar is a major powerhouse and has a choice band which I love. Pursuit is used to to be an effective counter to rotoms, latias, and other dark and psychic and ghost pokemon. With Aqua tail it gets rid of the bulky grounds with a choice band also. Crunch is used on mainly gengar. Stone edge can 2OHKO and OHKO scizor.

Vaporeon@Leftovers
    Water Absorb
    Bold
    188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Spe
    -Wish
    -Surf
    -HP Electric
    -Protect

Vaporeon is my healing support with wish to keep my guys alive such as my forretress for keeping the hazards up. Protect is to keep this guy alive so I can heal the other guys. HP electric is mainly for gyrados or other water pokemon. Surf is just a stab move.

Weavile @ choice band
    Pressure
    Jolly
    40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
    -Ice Shard
    -Pursuit
    -Low Kick
    -Aerial Ace

This is my revenge killer and pursuit is for azelf and also to trap other guys down. Ice shard is for those pesky dragons that pisses me off and with choice band it adds on to the damage. No matter how fast the dragon is ice shard is always first. Low kick is for tyranitar and aerial is for heracross and other fighting pokemons

This is my first time making a team still got lots to learn, any constructive criticism and advice will help thanks !

Last edited:

Super Puppy

The Jar of Almonds
    Years
  • There isn't really enough information here for a proper rate. It appears to be a sandstorm team, but that's all I can gather. I can give you a full rate if you tell me a little bit about what you're trying to do. Regardless, I do see potential here. I think this'll be a good team with a bit more planning.

And for your last slot I might suggest a Sandstorm-resistant wall or perhaps a special attacker?

Back