• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First RMT

T-C

Years
    Ambipom (Technician) @ Focus Sash, Adamant
    6HP, 252 Att, 252 Spe
    - Taunt
    - U-turn
    - Fake Out
    - Shadow Claw
    My lead Ambipom, and my favourite lead. Taunt stops the stealth rockers that aren't named Aerodactyl. Technician Fake Out is nice and breaks sashes. Shadow Claw has nice coverage and really messes up Azelf leads. U-turn to get me out of there if I have to.

Swampert (Torrent) @ Leftovers, Careful
    252HP, 160 Def, 98 Sp.Def
    - Stealth Rock
    - Curse
    - Avalanche
    - Earthquake
    Cursepert and my favourite variation of the swamp thing. Stealth Rock for obvious reasons, and it very rarely fails to get them down. Then curse if I can for a bit and start hitting things with STAB quake and bulked up Avalanche due to the lack of speed. I find that Salamence switches in on it regularly to find that it gets hit straight in the face by Avalanche.

Rotom – c (Levitate) @ Choice Scarf, Modest

106HP, 152 Spe, 252 Sp.Att
    - Discharge
    - Leaf Storm
    - Shadow Ball
    - Trick
    This performs a couple of tasks for me. It revenge kills other swamp things and ghosts, it also can come in on pokemon that want to spin away the spikes and rocks that are down, while also being a tricker. I chose discharge over T-bolt because I have nothing else to inflict status on opposing pokes. Shadow ball is there for obvious STAB.

Skarmory (Keen Eye) @ Leftovers, Impish
    252 HP, 82 Att, 176 Def.
    - Roost
    - Drill Peck
    - Spikes
    - Whirlwind
    Physical wall and phazer somewhat. It's hard to take down from any physical attacks. It's also easy to switch in due to so many physical attacker using EQ. Can be exceptionally annoying when it gets spikes up and starts whirling, due to rocks already being down as well. I went for Drill Peck over Brave Bird due to me wanting to keep as much health as I possibly can on this thing. Another reason for liking this is due to it being a good way to get Heatran in if I predict right.

Breloom (Poison Heal) @ Toxic Orb, Adamant

44 HP, 252 Att, 214 Spe
    - Substitute
    - Spore
    - Leech Seed
    - Focus Punch
    An absolute brute come the end of the game sub-seed is great for forcing switches and allowing me more chance to get in the almighty punch. Having such an accurate sleep inducing move is makes it almost a pre-requisite on Breloom. I love this thing. 44 EVs in HP to maximise Poison Heal and I put more into attack than speed because I want him to be able to dish out as much damage as he can while he can.

Heatran (Flash Fire) @ Choice Scarf, Naive
    - Explosion
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Earth Power
    - Flamethrower
    6 Att, 252 Spe, 252 Sp.Att

This is the revenge killer of the team and in my opinion the best revenge killer in the game. Explosion is there because I think it's a shame to not put Explosion on a pokemon that can learn it. Dragon Pulse is there to get rid of the opposing dragons that can run rampant. Earth Power is a must on Heatran, and I went for Flamethrower over the blast due to me hating missing.

This team has done really well for me, but I find that I have a Gyarados weak. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    ~Are you sure Breloom doesn't need anything to hit Ghosts?
    ~I hate to say that, but HP Ice on Heatran over Dragon Pulse.
    That's your first? Great job if so! I was alot worse than this posting my first "team" here lol...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Fire Blast or even Overheat (Fire Blast preferably) are better options than Flamethrower. From experience, the extra power pulls through in certain situations such as against Zapdos and Cresselia. I understand the need for staying at full health, but Skarmory can benefit from Brave Bird in order to kill Gyarados if one ever tries to set up. You may want to split the Attack EVs into 64 Atk and 16 Speed. 16 Speed is used to outrun Max Speed Rhyperior to stall out its Stone Edges. It also outspeeds CB Tyranitar running 82 Speed EVs (IIRC) to stall out their Stone Edges as well.

Back