• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Rom Hack you played?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2017
    I can't remember the first hack I played but the first one I created was called Pokemon 151. It was a Pokemon Red hack where you could obtain all the Pokemon without trading. I remember hunting through the hex editor to find the wild locations. After I finished it PRTranslations released Pokemap. That irritated me. It's on the internet somewhere.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2017
    I still have World Famous Talking Cactus on my computer. I remember the early days of Pokemon hacking fondly. Those sorts of hacks seemed fantastic. I remember NeoTranslations(?) were the first to add catchable fakemon into the game and even added new routes into red/blue.

nofamenogame

POKEMON WRATH OF GREATNESS
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2012
    pokemon shiny gold was my first it was very impressing and its got me back into pokemon

Years
  • If you are talking about rom hacks in general, my first hack was The Second Reality Project, a hack of Super Mario World. The first pokemon hack I played was Pokemon Prism.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • i think my first rom hack i played was an legend of zelda links awekenings dx hack where the characters where replaced with pokemon characters your sword was an bulbasour who uses his vine whip wel it was precise the same as loz dx my second was orange i think it was boring chous black was my 3 but when im saw the starters i quit it richt away the first hack i really enjoyed was pokemon ruby destiny resceu rangers than i played pokemon shiny gold then reign of legends some roms really rock some really suck

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2009
    I've played one where it's crystal version but with lv 58 charizards in the first grass O_O
    I had to keep saving and hoping wild pokemon didnt come up lol.

Years
  • I'm positive that I played one before ShinyGold, but I can't remember it...

Anyways, incase I'm wrong, the first hack I played was ShinyGold v4, with the bug fix.

DarthWaffles

IS A FIRIN' HIS LAZAR
    Years
  • The hack I played? Shiny Gold. I was at a friends house when I first saw it played, and I thought it was real...xD. Stupid me.

I joined this forum because my friend NC, was making his hack, linked me to this forum, and I joined because I was bored.

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
    Years
  • My first was Ruby destiny reign of legends, then it was quartz, 3rd one Orange.
    Then followed by Zephyr Demo and Shiny Gold.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    If you count Game Genie for Nintendo waaaaaaaaay back in the day it would be Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers XD but Rom hacks it would be Pokemon Z Vegeta/Red Version after that I just stated playing Translated Roms...

and off topic Question real quick....Have you ever got in the mood to play NES and randomly pick up an old Nintedo Game/Rom and when you start playing it you think...'wasnt there alot more differently colored blocks in this?' XD I did that a little while ago, I think my mind is slipping 0_o

School days again...
    Years
  • The first hack I played was Reign of Legends. At first I was searching for Pokemon Ruby then there was a result of ROL, so I tried it and I thought it was a real Pokemon game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back