• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First team posted on pokecommunity

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    This is my original UU team reworked.
    Only one pokemon from that original set is still is part of it.
    Its main idea is to take away the physical sweeper/s early in the match and then wall the special sweepers and ppare for a sweep with one of my 3 sweepers

Team at a glance:

Lead: Gastrodon

Leftovers/Focus Sash
    Relaxed
    Sticky Hold

EVs: 252 HP 104 SpAtk 24 Def 128 Sp Def

Counter
    Mirror Coat
    Recover/Protect
    Surf/Protect

Ok, before we get to the moveset, lets explain the EVs. Max HP Relaxed and 16 EVs in Defence allow Gastrodon to not be OHKOed by Electrodes Explosion, but this may not be necessary as I may be running protect but it always helps if I predict wrong. Sticky Hold, to me didnt sound like a good ability until I realised that it ruins trick leads.

Yes, this moveset is weird, it allows the opponent to set up, I know that. But it almost guarantees the death of a lead and maybe another pokemon, if i predict right. It basically throws any attack back twice as hard. I cannot decide between the last three moves as all are useful. Surf allows gastrodon nt to be completly vulnerable while the opponent is setting up, protect to stop electrodes explosion and recover helps heal up for round 2. Though I was thinking of dumping protect as I can always use recover and heal up to half health while electrode explodes. I thought this lead up myself.

Special Wall: Chansey

Leftovers
    Calm
    Serene Grace

EVs: 252 Def 80 SpAtk 176 SpDef

Charge Beam
    Thunderwave
    Aromatherapy
    Softboiled

The EVs are a standard Blissey set, but the ability is a bit different. Coupled with Serene Grace, if it hits, Charge Beam has a 140% chance of powering up Chanseys special attack. So Chansey can do quite a bit damage alone without the need for any teammate support. Thunderwave is so my slower pokemon in my team are able to outspeed other pokemon if required. Aromatherapy heals the team of status and allows Chansey to have the nature Serene Grace. And softboiled is staple on any Chansey if you do not have access to Wish.

Umbreaker: Umbreon

Leftovers
    Bold
    Synchronize

EVs: 228HP 252Def 32SpDef

Mean Look
    Baton Pass
    Yawn
    Tickle

This is Rhys' Umbreaker changed slightly to fit UU. With these EVs:

CB staraptor fails to OHKO with Close Combat or Brave Bird
    Choiice Specs Magmortar fails to OHKO with Overheat
    LifeOrb Adamant Hitmonlee fails to OHKO

Its job is to switch into something that will switch out. On that turn I will Yawn them, making them to decide to either switch or attempt a ohko and then go to sleep. The next turn I mean look the opponent's pokemon in. I will either be on quite low health and have a sleeping pokemon or will be on full health and a trapped pokemon. If I have the trapped pokemon I will yawn away. Then start tickling and switch when necessary. The main target of the Baton Pass will be the pokemon after this and hopefully the trapped pokemon will be a very weakened physical sweeper. Thanks Rhys for the Umbreaker.

Physical Sweeper : Feraligatr

Leftovers
    Adamant
    Torrent

EVs: 28HP 252Atk 228 Speed

Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Ice Punch
    Earthquake

The usual recipient from Umbreons baton passes. After two DDs it'll be outspeeding everything in UU and will be OHKOing most of them. Waterfall, ice punch and Earthquake give me great coverage with earthquake dealing with electrics and ice punch grasses, two problems to him. This Feraligatr is basically Gyarados' little brother, but has ice punch which hits harder than Ice Fang. He can also be my late game sweeper if required.

Special Sweeper: Porygon 2

Leftovers
    Modest
    Trace

EVs: 252 SpAtk 252 HP 4 Speed

Agility
    Tri Attack
    Recover
    Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/ Charge Beam

This is the second recipient from Umbreon. Trace is so useful as it can turn the opponents ability against them
    Eg: Staraptors, arcanines or Tauros' intimidate can really weaken opponents attack but when fired back at them it almost forces them to switch.
    Eg: Yanmas speed boost, with speed boost Porygon does not require agility and can instantly start firng off attacks. And with Porygon being more bulky than Yanma it shuld be able to make a lot of use from Speed Boost.
    Eg: Rain Dance Team, swift swim or chlorophyll
    Eg: Flash Fire, water absorb, volt absorb.
    After two agilitys hell be outspeeding anything so he doesn't really require speed, more bulk to increase that chance. Recover to increase his longetivity and Tri Attack for stab. Ice Beam or T-Blt for type coverage.

Mixed Sweeper: Arcanine

Choice Scarf
    Naughty
    Intimidate

EVs: 252Atk 128 Speed 92 SP Atk 36 Def

WoW
    Extreme Speed
    Overheat
    Thunderfang

This is really my physical softener. Not really a wall but crippling physical sweepers with WoW and Intimidate at the same time really makes sweepers useless. After this is I usually switch to Umbreon to do the dirty work. He is also a good revenge killer and if an opponent is low on health, extremespeed always helps.

Overall, this is my favourite team I have made and no, I am not replacing any pokemon for a spinner. I have looked at the UU spinners and they are all useless.

All images from bulbapedia

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    Consider LO Arcanine with HP Grass instead of Thunder fang as this isn't OU and your only worry is mantine. HP Grass will hit almost all bulky waters harder and hits quagsire/gastradon as well. Scarf might be useful but most physical sweepers that you're trying to cripple are pretty slow, so being outsped isn't an issue for the most part.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Charge Beam is total suicide on Chansey, who will be forced out anyways. Use Seismic Toss or you'll be doing about 2 damage to everything with Charge Beam (including Gyarados/Mantine).

EDIT: Chansey really isn't Blissey - it isn't as capable, even a tier down. Don't treat it like it is.

Also, Gastrodon has too many EVs.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    Um...thunderfang hits harder than hp grass on mantine.

And after two boosts Chanseys SpAtk will be just as strong as Blisseys but i will see how good seismic toss is then replace it.

Sorry about the EVs

Anyway, arcanines job isnt to deal with bulky waters as its a fire type, its job is to weaken physical attackers for umbreon to soften up

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Um...thunderfang hits harder than hp grass on mantine.

UU has more bulky waters, more so consisting of a secondary ground type. HP Grass kills them and makes it a better wall breaker.

And after two boosts Chanseys SpAtk will be just as strong as Blisseys but i will see how good seismic toss is then replace it.

Yes, S-Toss please

Sorry about the EVs

Anyway, arcanines job isnt to deal with bulky waters as its a fire type, its job is to weaken physical attackers for umbreon to soften up

Read Above :P

Left my comments in bold :P

Anti

return of the king
    Years

Uh yeah, and Blissey's special attack sucks too (it only uses a special attack for Gengar mostly and to hit some switch-ins harder really...) This isn't a matter of testing to see what is better - this is a matter of something ALWAYS being better than another thing. This is one of those cases - Seismic Toss is ALWAYS better than Charge Beam (besides, Chansey will always lose to Ground-types and anything with even decent special defense and a physical attack). I couldn't really tell based on your wording if you would replace it or if you were just testing it, but "testing" isn't even necessary. This is kind of like using Brick Break on Heracross over Close Combat...you just don't.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Nitpick:

Bulk Up/RstTlk sets run Brick Break.

No they don't. Bulky Up is almost always running with Resttalk because offensive bulk Up is outclassed by SDCross, and its one move is usually Megahorn. The RestTalk set rarely runs a fighting-type move either, but instead runs Stone Edge in Brick Break's slot. See the usage statistics for yourself.

Ugh.

EDIT: I don't mean to be snippy, but why even post that? -_-

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    I have only seen a few bulkup restalk sets and they usually run brickbreak

Back