• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] First time creating a sprite.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 7, 2020
Criticize my work please! Needs comments and suggestions for improvements.
Presenting Gary the Time Traveler.
Used some downloaded sprites from google.
Made by me. Don't use this guys! I'm gonna use this for my own game. Thanks! :)

Gary the Wanderer 2.png

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Sprite looks great so far :D

Some critique would be to make the shading on the sprite on the right a little more uniform, since right now it's a weird mix of simplistic BW style and some kind of heavy-shaded style. An example of the conflict is comparing how the cape and head areas are shaded, (being super simplistic with a single shade color), and the shirt and pants, which have multiple layers of shaded colors.

In my opinion, I'd go with using a BW style, so reducing the amount of shade colors there are on the shirt and pants would do wonders with fitting it into a fangame!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Cute sprites! I definitely recommend watching out for your sel-outlining. The headband looks like it's outlined way too dark compared to the cape. Like Sunfished said, I think detailing out the shading would be a good thing too, to make it really clear to the viewer that the cape is in the background. Add more depth to that, and I'd say you're well on your way! :)

Back