• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Five trainer sprites devamped from Gen 4 to Gen 2 style

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Hi! I'm the developer of Pokémon Polished Crystal. I have plans to include the five Stat Trainers in the next release, but I need some GSC-style sprites. These are my attempts at Riley, Marley, and Mira:

But I think Marley and Mira especially still look kind of deformed and too large compared to typical GSC trainers. The constraints are 56x56, four colors, two being black and white.

I'm okay at doing recolors (here are a few), but resizing properly is not my specialty. I would love if someone could touch those up and devamp the rest (or do them from scratch if my work isn't a good base). You'll be credited in the game, of course. PM me if you want to discuss this further.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I think these turned out very successfully. Their certainly not deformed! But I can see what you mean in terms of size. Compared to GSC Mira does appear larger than the typical trainer sprite. But honestly, I don't believe that to be a deal breaker. You made multiple heat devamps that looks authentic and honor the GSC style. I'm not adding that you can't tweak it to improve it, but do so cautiously because Mira is already a very good sprite!

Back