• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Fixed player name in Emerald?

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2019
    Hi, I'm making a Looker based detective hack of Pokemon Emerald. Using hex I've managed to make the game skip the Prof. Birch intro, and the subsequent naming of the player. As a result, the name isn't set and loading the trainer card crashes the game.

I'm wondering what my best workaround for this would be. Having a constant name, while nice isn't necessary if I can disable the trainer card from the start menu somehow. But then I still get glitchy text while saving due to the same reasons.

What would be my best way to tackle this issue? Will I have to resort to ASM or will a script suffice? Thank you for your help:)

Back