• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fixing Brendan's Sprite Display Issue?

Days
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    In my efforts to integrate the Route 119 rival battle from Emerald into Route 120 using AdvanceMap and XSE, I have encountered a perplexing issue. The script for this battle involves displaying two rival sprites in the overworld: one while riding a bike, which then transitions to their default standing sprite upon approach. I have utilized two sprites from the Mauville City Pokémon Center's peculiar NPCs: the yellow one (Picture number 243) signifies the cycling sprite, while the red one (Picture number 240) denotes the standing sprite.

However, upon executing the script in my game, having adjusted all person number values within the showsprite and applymovement commands from those corresponding to Route 119 to the new ones from Route 120, the displayed sprite upon the showsprite command's execution is not Brendan's standing sprite but rather the pink peculiar NPC (Picture number 242). Curiously, this discrepancy does not occur with other "rival template" or Mauville City Pokécenter NPCs sprites, like Picture no. 241, which alter my character May's color palette when the cycling sprite changes.

Hence, my query pertains to rectifying the display of Brendan's standing sprite through Picture no. 240. While simpler solutions, such as retaining the biking sprite, are available, I am eager to understand the resolution for potential future instances.

Back