• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Fixing light ball code to turn into thick club and stick

Years
  • So I just want to add Thick Club and Stick to my new alolan marowak and galarian farfetch'd (and sirfetch'd) in my firered hack, but it seems modifying the battle scripts would be really hard.

So I want to instead make a new stick and new thick club with this code https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8533356&postcount=272 however I don't really know ASM, and I don't want to learn a ton of it just for this. I think modifying this script is probably the easiest way.

So I figured out that
    Code:
    cmp r0, #0x19
    is where it checks if the pokemon is pikachu, so I'm asking here
    1. How would I make it pikachu, raichu, OR pichu for example (even though I want cubone, marowak, and alolan marowak) instead of just pikachu
    2. Which line is the special attack buff?
    3. How would I make it a critical hit boost instead of an attack and special attack boost?
    4. Is this code even safe?
    5. Say I have the perfect ASM code for the items, how would I either modify thick club and stick or make a new item with this code?

Also I'm not using CFRU because I want gen 3 mechanics.

Thanks, if anyone can answer any of these

Back