• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flash

x24

Researcher-Sprite Thieves, DIE
Years
  • Im not sure if this is the place but its an idea.. based on a good idea

Im not sure if its been done or not.. but I really like what the yahoo pokemon site did with the pokegarden area.. I go back often

is that kind of setup easy to learn.. I know some basic stuff in flash but is everything needed for something like that in the program or does it retrieve information from php or some other database language outside of the flash animation itself..

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    I really like what the yahoo pokemon site did with the pokegarden area..

I'd like to see this flash you're making reference to. What is it and where can I find it?

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    Google sure is a handy site -- I'm glad you like it too! :)

What search terms would you try? I would not have posted inititially had I not already tried google.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    Flash, perhaps? Macromedia Flash?

I know what Flash is.

I would like to see what the "yahoo pokemon site did with the pokegarden area", as previously quoted. Maybe I'm just interpretting the original message wrongly, but I am under the impression that x24 saw some Pokemon flash that made him want to create something similar himself.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    ... Flash. Duh! As in .swf files... ok, I am going to do this... but I need a bit of help, I can't be bothered to do everything all by myself...

x24

Researcher-Sprite Thieves, DIE
    Years
  • wow, forgot to check back here.. started work and got too busy

this is the site i was referring to: https://pokemon.kids.yahoo.co.jp/dp/garden/garden.html

its been mentioned on every site as a source that was revealing d/p pokemon (sometimes) before corocoro.. I really enjoyed this site but its obviously in japanese.. and I doubt they'll start something like this over here..

Ive already taken a basic course in Flash and understood how movies and stuff worked in it.. but the site I referred to above saves information on you.. and allows you to interact with others.. which is what triggered my curiousity in this..

sorry for bringing this topic back up.. but I havn't checked this area in weeks..

Last edited:
    Years
  • wow, forgot to check back here.. started work and got too busy

this is the site i was referring to: https://pokemon.kids.yahoo.co.jp/dp/garden/garden.html

its been mentioned on every site as a source that was revealing d/p pokemon (sometimes) before corocoro.. I really enjoyed this site but its obviously in japanese.. and I doubt they'll start something like this over here..

Ive already taken a basic course in Flash and understood how movies and stuff worked in it.. but the site I referred to above saves information on you.. and allows you to interact with others.. which is what triggered my curiousity in this..

sorry for bringing this topic back up.. but I havn't checked this area in weeks..
    Thats really interesting... Maybe I'll either make a mod of that flash game, or translate it to english :)

Edit -

it wouldnt be hard because all the data is stored in external XML files

https://pokemon.kids.yahoo.co.jp/dp/datas/xml/personality/personality.xml?chacheCtrl=1164237381640

Edit 2 - i've decided to download that game, and now i'm recreating hte PHP files and decompiling it :)

Edit of an edit - seems i hit reply instead of edit, sorry :(

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    wow, forgot to check back here.. started work and got too busy

Thanks for the reply and the link!! Now I actually know what you're talking about.

I tried that game, although it in Japanese, and it looks pretty cool. Maybe I could work on something like that in the future.

Back