• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Flawless Diamond?

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    I have noticed in reviews, and whats selling the best around the world. Pokemon Diamond is best selling atm, with second runner ups such as the Transformer's video game, Wii Play (with Wii remote), and ... Forza Motorsport 2... Edging Pokemon pearl to 3rd, fourth and fifth place...

Whats the bigg deal there, is there something more shiny in Diamond, than in Pearl? Whats the breaker to make one better than the other?

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
    The first name in the generation always sells more. When you hear stuff about a generation, the first word that will always come up is the one that people will remember, and look towards buying. Then there's the people who realize that fact, and choose Diamond to fit in, or Pearl to be individual. x_x

And when you consider the new Wi-Fi capabilities, which version you choose is even less of an issue, so why not pick the first one to come to mind? The common human mind is a very simple thing to understand in the end. XD

Edit: I should add that most guys would pick Diamond and most girls would pick Pearl, at least right off the bat. After some actual thought and research, they may change their minds. Eh...between me and my sister, we have both versions.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Verison exclusives? More people prefer Dialga to Palkia? More people like diamonds more than pearls?

There is no real differences, just preference of version exclusives and love of Dialga or Palkia.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I know people who got Diamond just because Pearl was pink and "too girly." :B

ufo

<- I used to do spriting
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    idk in my area most of the younger people chose diamond (middle school all has diamond) and the older people all chose pearl (all of the high school including me has pearl)

could point to the younger demographic of pokemon players???

also the first name in all the dual releases sold better (ex red, gold, ruby, firered, and now diamond)

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    idk in my area most of the younger people chose diamond (middle school all has diamond) and the older people all chose pearl (all of the high school including me has pearl)

could point to the younger demographic of pokemon players???

also the first name in all the dual releases sold better (ex red, gold, ruby, firered, and now diamond)
    Thats so strange! I have blue(later red voor a very big discount), silver, Sapphire, Leaf Green and Pearl!
    But yeah I think people buy the first one they hear.

ufo

<- I used to do spriting
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    Thats so strange! I have blue(later red voor a very big discount), silver, Sapphire, Leaf Green and Pearl!
    But yeah I think people buy the first one they hear.

I have blue (later got yellow), didn't play GSC, sapphire (later got ruby, and another sapphire), emerald, leaf green, pearl (and japanese diamond)

RileyVace

Frogs and Dragons, baby
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2019
    I picked Pearl because I think Dialga looks like a freak.
    Palkia looks stupid too, but not as bad.

Worst looking Dragon types ever.
    Even Shelgon looks better than them and he's just a volley ball with legs!!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    i got pearl, beacause my mate said that palkia had better stats then dialga, i ended up trading palkia anyway, but i'm fine with pearl

Years
    I got Diamond because I thought Dalgia was much better than Palkia...

Anyway, I heard that Diamond was #1 selling game on any format here in the UK

I'm not surprised, it's f'n awesome ^_^

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    The first name in the generation always sells more. When you hear stuff about a generation, the first word that will always come up is the one that people will remember, and look towards buying. Then there's the people who realize that fact, and choose Diamond to fit in, or Pearl to be individual. x_x

And when you consider the new Wi-Fi capabilities, which version you choose is even less of an issue, so why not pick the first one to come to mind? The common human mind is a very simple thing to understand in the end. XD

Edit: I should add that most guys would pick Diamond and most girls would pick Pearl, at least right off the bat. After some actual thought and research, they may change their minds. Eh...between me and my sister, we have both versions.

Not really, I always thought that (might as well list 'em):

• Gold > Silver
    • Sapphire > Ruby
    • Red = Blue
    • Fire Red > Leaf Green

That's just what I think, though.

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
    I obtained a Pearl version due to my love for the ocean and general love of the way mother-of-pearl looks. That and Dialga's head looks like a massive sausage with lightning bolts randomly stuck to the sides and it's cry sounds like a cat being killed with a sledgehammer. Palkia has a nice, epic cry with some interesting sounds at the end, pearlly-looking things on it's shoulders and it has wings. What's not to love?

Also, Purugly is adorable~

|D

Last edited:

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    I've bought Yellow, Blue, Red, Silver, Gold, Ruby, FireRed, Emerald and Pearl in that order. So, I'm kind of a tweener as far as picking the 1st or 2nd goes.
    Dialga's head looks like a massive sausage with lightning bolts randomly stuck to the sides and it's cry sounds like a cat being killed with a sledgehammer.

Hahahahahahahaha, that explanation of Dialga made me laugh.

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
    Well it's true. Also, its leg's positioning is highly awkward, and would be ungainly and inefficiant for a real animal; too much stress on the muscles keeping the legs bent out to the side all the time would eventually render it unable to walk at all.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    This is the reason I got Pearl. With more people shrugging it off just because Palkia has some pink on it, despite it being largely superior to Dialga, collecting became much easier.

Dispiacere

The Shama Llama
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 3, 2011
    I chose diamond because I went through the version exclusive lists and saw that I would rather have whats in Diamond.
    But I think that in a whole it comes does to 2 things:

1. Are you a guy/girl who is macho/girlie in particular
    2. If you are, do you like animals or monsters/people better

Dialga to me gives more of an animal sense because of its long neck and 4 legs
    Palkia is more human like do to noticeable arms and the ability to stand upright

I think both legendaries are rather ugly personally

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2008
    I chose Diamond because
    1. My sister had gotten pearl before i got any version and I wanted the different version, this is how it has always been. I got Blue she got red, I got silver she got gold, i got Ruby she got Sapphire, and I also got Emerald when it came out. So you know where this is going.
    2. I also did some research and I saw that Scizor as well as other pokemon that I wanted were Diamond exclusives, so I wanted Diamond for that.
    3. Dialga looks really cool, Palkia looks cool too though. Just not as much.

Back