• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Flinch question

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2008
    Ok, I haven't been able to find the answer to this spelled out clearly enough for me, so I'll just ask here:

If I have a very slow pokemon with a flinch-causing move, is this flinch useless against all the faster pokemon?

Does flinching a pokemon have an effect if it was faster so it's attack already hit you that round before you flinched it?
    Or does the flinch take effect the next round in this case?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    According to my friend, he used a Togekiss in the Elite Four one time. He used an Air Slash (going second), and the turn after, the opposing Pokemon flinched.

He could be wrong, though.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Thats weird...I faced wild Hariyama in the Victory road and i had a lvl 100 rayquaza, and they were able to use fake out first and flinch me

... That's because it used Fake Out. It's a Priority move, like Quick Attack or Extremespeed, and it has a 100% flinch rate.

The catch is that it can only be used on the first turn that the Pokemon is sent out.

Back