• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Focus Shift [PG+15] OOC Thread

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
  • Focus Shift [PG +16]

"I let my focus shift, that's all there is to it. Now you try."

My name is Raigami Ichiro but you can just call me Ichiro. If you are reading this then you may be a "Shifter" like me. If you are not a Shifter, read on, our story is worth it. If you are however, help me; join my cause against the oncoming darkness. I'll be waiting in the Aether Realm for you.

Definitions:

-Aether Realm: The realm directly next to ours, sometimes often called the Spirit Realm, something close to the Distortion World of Giratina but not quite.

-Catalyst: A Pokémon that acts as the fulcrum, allowing Shifters to enter and exit the Aether Realm, only a few types exist.

-Shifter: A term coined by me, people who can 'shift' between the Contemporary Realm we live in and the Aether Realm through the aid of a Catalyst.

Ever had that feeling that someone is watching you but when you turn around no one is there? Or a sudden spine chilling shiver that runs down your spine like someone has thrown a bucket of ice-cold water over your head? Then in many cases it was probably me – sorry for that. I am what I call a "Shifter"; we are humans that move from our Contemporary Realm that we live in to the Aether or Spirit Realm through the use of a Pokémon called a Catalyst. Catalysts are often a Pokémon that a person has bonded with from birth and also have a connection to the Aether Realm. In my case, my Catalyst is my Pokémon Absol.

I am eighteen now and three years ago I first discovered my abilities to travel between realms. In this instance I was relaxing back, chilling out; exams were over and I had no worries until school came back next year. Within several minutes I phased out and began feeling weird. My skin began to tingle like pins and needles and as I shifted my focus into place, everything distorted and I fell into the Aether Realm, quite by accident.

Even after three years I am apprehensive about shifting realms but some things just can't be avoided can they?

So here is where I need your help:

A week ago I was exploring the Aether Realm with my Absol as I often do to find out what is so different about it compared with our world when I stumbled across what I can only call a storm cloud. I had noticed previously that there is an absence of weather in the Aether Realm so I got closer to check it out. As soon as I was a few metres from the side of it Absol began to act aggressively, trying to herd me away from the storm cloud. It was only when an apparition of Giratina launched itself at us that I got scared and hurriedly left the Aether Realm. When I returned I found many people had become aggressive and intolerant as had Absol with me which has me worried. What the hell is this storm cloud, I want to get to the bottom of it.
    I need a team of Shifters and their Catalysts, I fear that there is something wrong in the Aether Realm that we need to fix and only we can fix it.

Aether Realm:

This realm exists close to our conscious Contemporary Realm. It mostly exists as a grey, hazy world where buildings and nature become transparent and shimmering, ghostly images of people and Pokémon appear this is speculated to be their Spirit, hence the name of the realm. There is no weather in the Aether Realm, this includes wind. Pokémon known as Catalysts are said to live in both the Contemporary Realm and Aether Realm simultaneous but this too is highly speculated. When moving from the Human Realm to the Aether Realm, Shifters take their bodies with them meaning that when they Shift out of the Aether Realm into the Human Realm, they effectively teleport somewhere else. There is no sound in the Aether Realm however it has been noted that both Pokémon and humans can talk in this realm. It has been speculated that in some cases, people have been able to converse with their Pokémon, however there is no evidence to back this theory up.

SU's:

Name: (Full name please)

Appearance: (Two paragraphs, one about body such as skin, hair, etc. and one about clothing.)

Personality: (Two paragraphs, how they act, what they are like, etc.)

History: (Not too long or short, I just want emphasis on your first visit to the Aether Realm((at the age of 15)).)

RP Sample: (Anything goes, I just want to see your skills.)

Catalyst: ( Absol/ Girafarig/ Ariados/ Espeon/ Umbreon/ Mawlie/ Mightyena/ Houndoom)

Rules:

1. You must be active in this role-play, or you will be kicked out, sorry.
    2. No godmodding, power playing, or bunnying
    3. Posts with Quality and Quantity are required
    4. I have the right to remove you from this role-play if you break more than one rule
    5. Try to shoot for proper grammar, I understand the basic mistakes but please, if they are constant I must ask you to slow down and read it over before posing.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Okay so far in the RP....
    Ichiro has set off for Mirage Island only to be attacked by ghost pokemon in the Aether Realm. after coming back to consciousness, he notices the absence of his catalyst, amaterasu and scales Mount Pyre. there he uses the chimecho to teleport him to mirage island.
    Hanna and Rain have made it to mirage island, only to find no one there.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Yes. And I think I'm going to have Hades getting frustrated, and play with his bad mood. After all, Houndoom are supposed to have tempers and hellish tendencies. I want to explore this with a tame, sweet one.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
  • hey Strikit, I waved to you at the end of my post. Are we starting up again when we meet Ichiro, or do you wanna say hi back? ;w;

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I'll give an uncertain hi back, Hanna has never seen anyone else in the Realm.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
  • Hey Strikit *rolls around* hi hi hi!

I know Rain hasn't either. >w> But she's excited to see you! :3

*shot*

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Name: Alex Bontrage

Appearance: You wouldn't think of strong, handsome or nerdy when you look at Alex. He is slightly athletic in the legs, but slim in the arms. He has shaggy black hair that he doesn't comb or fix up. He has a good tan on his arms and legs from training in the weather all day long. His intelligent Hazel eyes are kind and friendly at time, but when looking at them during a battle with his determined face and bushy eyebrows, it puts a chill down your spine.

Alex wears plaid shorts whenever he can. He has a short sleeved shirt that has a Pokeball on it with a Green background. He wears the usual sneakers most kids his age wear. He has a blue and red watch. He also has a Sweatshirt from graduating from his battling school for when it gets cold.

Personality: Alex is charming but shy. He is very indecisive because he always over calculates things because he wants to make the perfect decision. When he cannot make the perfect decision he will get frustrated very easily. He prefers to work alone, He

When he is frustrated and angry he could hurt the ones he loves. If you try to get him to calm down in an aggressive manner he will get even worse. The only person or Pokemon that can calm him down is Amy, because her gentle and kind attitude and structure makes him feel horrible for getting angry.

History:
    The tradition in Alex's family are to give their children an Eevee to make the children feel unique. But when you are the youngest of 4 children it makes it hard because they pressure you. When Alex became 3 he got his Eevee in his home in Violet City. When he was 5 he was allowed to evolve it. He could use the 3 element stones or the option not to evolve. He decided to wait. He could tell Amy wasn't ready. Years of training his Pokemon still hadn't evolved. Although he didn't know it he already had an unbreakable bond with his Eevee. When he was 10 he was teased beyond compare. He finally knew the time was right and allowed Amy to evolve into a beautiful Espeon.

He decided to battle Falkaner the Violet City gym leader. He won with ease. A few hits from Espeon Physic took his Pigdotto out! Him and Amy expressed so much joy that night that they traveled to the Aether realm.They felt needles piercing his skin it was odd. Then they feel into a new world. It was a Grey and amazing place. He was so mesmerized by the beauty that he didn't notice he was laying on top of Amy. He heard Amy talking to him. But her mouth wasn't moving. They were chatting, without moving their mouth. It seemed so natural. They loved going to the new world they had discovered. They realized it was traveled to by expressing there emotions to each other deeply.

Catalyst
    : Amy the Espeon

RP Sample:
    Alex sprinted to his fallen Espeon. His best friend Amy.

"Don't worry! They'll be a rematch!" Alex yelled as he pushed his Jet black hair away from his face so he could pick up Amy. "I'll be back!" He found a Pokemon City in Goldenrod-his hometown and got Amy healed. He walked back to the mountainous terrain and yelled as he sent out Amy.

"Back again! Ha! Go Mightena!" He screamed as he threw a Pokeball that held his Pokemon flew out of his grasp. A white light appeared as the Pokeball opened up. The Black Wolf like Pokemon yelled a might intimidating scream.

"Mighty... Mi-Mighty!" It growled. as Amy took a step back in fear. Alex decided to throw the first hit.

"Amy! Use Return!" He yelled Alex and Amy both knew that this was a deadly attack with the love they had. Amy Sprinted toward her worthy opponent. She hit the Mightyena with such force it was blown back.

"Might! Use Crunch!" He spoke calmly but fiercely. As his Pokemon dashed toward Amy with a wide Open mouth. Might was nearly in biting range when Alex yelled the winning Move!

"Amy! Swift!" He spoke with confidence know the move would not miss and finish Might off. He was right as he saw golden starts fly out of Amy's mouth right into her foe. The Pokemon staggered and fell. "Amy! Go help!"" Alex yelled to Amy while the losing trainer ran toward his Pokemon. Amy used Morning Sun and revived the Pokemon because it was midday.

"Thanks..." The boy choked up as he held back tears. They were forgotten when he saw his Pokemon stand up perfectly fine.

Later that day in the Twilight zone. As Amy and I called it, we talked about how we didn't regret defeating the Trainer. But enjoyed helping his Pokemon. Then out of the corner of their eye they saw a Girl and a Houndoom running off then vanishing.

"Let's go!" Alex said to Amy.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
  • if we want this to continue, should I start from where you ended your last post 雷影 イチロ? Right now I just haven't posted cuz I'm not sure what to do. I said ello to Strikit, but she never replied. :C

SonofWiseii

Come on in Heeeeerrrre!
    Years
  • Ai! Sorry for being later than I promised, but I had an awards ceremony to attend. Oh well, it shouldn't occur in the future as Summer Break is almost here for me. Well, here's the SU; I sure hope it's good enough...

SU:

Name: Brandon McGregor

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Personality:

Spoiler:

History:
    Spoiler:

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Catalyst: Bene the male Ariados. He received him as a gift from a distant relative when he was born. His personality somewhat competes with that of Brandon's: he is very Happy-go-Lucky and joyful. He does, however, get very serious when he has to. He likes to cling to Brandon's back.

Oh, I hope it's good enough...

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • if we want this to continue, should I start from where you ended your last post 雷影 イチロ? Right now I just haven't posted cuz I'm not sure what to do. I said ello to Strikit, but she never replied. :C

yea post from there, a day has passed since you arrived on the island so you have a whole 24 hours to do something, i should have another post up soon.

SonofWiseii, you are accepted, Xyrin, you too.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
  • SonofWiseii and Xyrin-- IDK if Strikit is still in, but since we have 24 hours to have done something, would you guys please meet up with me on the island? If you do, I can just edit the end of my post to say I saw you two on the beach instead of Strikit, and then we can talk before meeting up with 雷影 イチロ. Does that sound okay? :3 (cause right now, I am shooting blanks about what to post, and this'll keep it in order so you guys can tell how you got to the island).

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • sorry, im swamped with assignments and internals at the moment but i am finding time to write (and very little of it) so i should have a new post up in the coming week!

Back