• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forest Grovyle's Latest Works (NEW: 17/10/07 Oekaki Realism Tutorial!)

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
Years
  • Forest Grovyle said:
    Hi Kairyu :)

No, it's not a profession XD It's just a hobby - I don't think I could ever take my work to professional level.

I don't use expensive programs for my realism, I just use oekaki PaintBBS :) For my Pokémon art I use Photoshop Elements, and I don't have Painter or a tablet ^^ I use a mouse for everything.
    Ah, I could never draw that well with a mouse. Ever. That's why I finally moved up to a digital tablet, expensive yes but worth every penny!
    Anyway, as I've said before keep up the awesome work!

And good luck getting that tablet ;).

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • I thought you hated tablet pens, FG. XD Besides, its not like you could possibly get any better with a tablet pen, everything you do is already perfect. <3
    As always, everything is awesome. How long did it take you to do that...? Did I hear someone say thirty minutes? @.@ You're too good. -bows- I am not worthy.... @.@

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
  • Hehe, that's because the only tablet pen I ever tried was a very very cheap one and was absolutely awful XD I'm looking into getting a Wacom one this time so it should be much better quality! :)

Yes, that pic took 30 mins because it's a speedpainting ^_^ just quick strokes of the brush and a bit of the smudge tool...

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    so you are telling me you disd all of this witha wireless optical mouse
    :o
    awesome, well im looking to buy a wacom too xD

Minako

[O n d i n e]
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 3, 2008
    Oi, using my mouse drives me crazy now that I'm accustomed my tablet. I just feel like I should be able to go faster, but I can't! @_@ Maybe it's my [lack of a] mousepad, but still, speed -anything- with an optical mouse really blows my brain. XD

Eee, speed painting or week-long realism, I love looking at your work. XP

And yay for getting tablets, too =D I hope you get it soon, I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with it. ^_^

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    Blimey! I love your art ^_^ It's great and in 30 minutes that's a great job you done there! Your pictures are just so cool to look at :P

krow

Helping To Fight For Darkness
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jul 21, 2008
    I love all your work!
    --I'm a Sugimori fan myself, and your works look EXACTLY like he would draw!
    YOU ROCK!!!

~I'd like to see how well you could do FakeMon in Sugimori style... Maybe even a Fake Pokemon game box.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • *bows down* You are amazing, FG!! *giggles* Once again, I am amazed by your artwork. Keep it up! *laughs* YOU MUST KEEP IT UP!

*huggles you* I look forward to seeing more.

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
    If you could do THAT with just a MOUSE, then I'll probably die from amazement to see what you could do with a tablet! O___O;; It's scary to think about XD

Again, another AMAZING piece, FG! *huggles* =O

Forest Grovyle

Years
  • You guys are all so sweet ^^;; *hugs you all* Thank you SO much for your kind and encouraging comments!

I am finally free of uni for the year!! :D Hooray!! So I decided to celebrate by getting down to some drawing ^^ I cooked up this Nidoking - I hope you like it! It feels good to draw something again without feeling guilty! XD

--FG

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • *giggles* Nice!! I like the expression on his face. A tough guy expression that deeply suits Nidoking! Thank you for sharing and keep up the MAGNIFICENT work!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    Great Nidoking! It's good to see another one of your Pokemon works again, it been a long time, anyway, great Nidoking, can't wait for the next artwork

Forest Grovyle

Years
  • Wow - thanks so much everyone for all your responses! ^^;; I didn't think I'd get such a reaction so quickly! *hugs everyone!*

I've been very creatively charged tonight, and have managed to finish another Pokémon - it's Persian! I don't really like the FR/LG Sugimori art for Persian so I decided to give it a go myself. Hope you like! :)

--FG

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
  • Forest Grovyle said:
    Wow - thanks so much everyone for all your responses! ^^;; I didn't think I'd get such a reaction so quickly! *hugs everyone!*

I've been very creatively charged tonight, and have managed to finish another Pokémon - it's Persian! I don't really like the FR/LG Sugimori art for Persian so I decided to give it a go myself. Hope you like! :)

--FG
    Persian MINE! *takes it*

Uh... I mean, Forest Grovyle drew one of my favorite Pokemon! Yay!

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
  • Oh wow, the Persian the so well done! The coloring, I believe, is even better than the original Sugimori-sensei's work! *Stands up and claps loudly*

Back