• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forgotten plot!

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    Right guys i have posted this thread because i cant help racking my brains thinking about the forgotten plot as i call it when ash and the gang were back in the orange islands.

Do you all remember the GS ball that had to be taken to professor ivy as professor oak couldnt solve its mystery? Well my question is what ever happened to the GS ball did it become a forgotten plot?

Any ideas?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I guess so..I dont remember back then..But if nothing did happen it wasnt that much importance to prof. Oak/ Ivy..

Years
    Oak didn't have it taken to Ivy, he sent them to get it, then Ash got sidetracked, and after he won the Orange league thing, he finally got it to Oak. Oak couldn't open it, he sent them to Johto, they gave it to Kurt, and we never see it again. There wasn't much of a plot to it, so, they didn't really forget it :\

Years
    I always wondered what was in the GS ball, it would be good if they mentioned it.. The plot must have been dropped though, which sucks ><.. It does make one curious though!

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    I think the issue of the GS ball still remains as a mystery as of now.. well, perhaps they'll reveal something about it in Pokemon D/P?
    well, you never know right.. xD

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Well I remember Professor Oak sent Ash and friends to the Orange Islands to see Professor Ivy who gave them he GS Ball. Then Ash did the Orange League there. Then they went to Johto to see Kurt since Professor Oak couldn't figure out the GS Ball. They Ash and friends recieve apicorn balls. Then we never heard of it again. They did really do much about it did they?

I think it was just used as an excuse for Ash to go to Johto but then I remember Ash went because Gray was going. So I guess the GS Ball wasn't use for anything. It was just there for Ash and friends to do. I don't think there is anything to do with the GS Ball.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    If the GS ball was really used just as an excuse to get our heroes to another region, then I really think the producers did a pretty bad job with the plot of the story involving the GS ball.. =/

CrystalFlow

Fun Trainer
    Years
    i just happened to be watching the first episode where the gs ball was introduced : my thoery on it is that it was a hidden message introducing gold and silver, with the g and s. but thats my take on it. also i hope this thread isnt to old to be posting in :/

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    It was there to bring Satoshi-tachi to Johto. No more, no less. It's just one of Pokemon's many gigantic plot holes.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2011
    Didn't the GS-ball have a special meaning in the Japanese versions of the gold and silver games? Something with getting Celebi? I thought I read something about Japanese players having to get the GS-ball from Ninetendo and than take it to a shrine in a forrest (can't remember the name of the forrest) and then Celebi would appear. Maybe the producers have introduced the ball as link to the games and later they changed the plot with Celebi in the 4th movie and there was no space for the ball anymore.

I don't think that the GS-ball was just the reason for making the group go to Johto. If I can remember it right, then (at least in the German version) Ash made the decision to got to Johte before Oak gave him the ball. In fact Oak gave him the ball because he wanted to go to Johto and Oak said something like: If you got to Johto then please take the GS-ball with you. You could give it to Kurt, who lives there.

Years
    Didn't the GS-ball have a special meaning in the Japanese versions of the gold and silver games? Something with getting Celebi? I thought I read something about Japanese players having to get the GS-ball from Ninetendo and than take it to a shrine in a forrest (can't remember the name of the forrest) and then Celebi would appear. Maybe the producers have introduced the ball as link to the games and later they changed the plot with Celebi in the 4th movie and there was no space for the ball anymore.

I don't think that the GS-ball was just the reason for making the group go to Johto. If I can remember it right, then (at least in the German version) Ash made the decision to got to Johte before Oak gave him the ball. In fact Oak gave him the ball because he wanted to go to Johto and Oak said something like: If you got to Johto then please take the GS-ball with you. You could give it to Kurt, who lives there.

Yep and yep. Frankly, the whole thing was a MacGuffin, anyway. Unfortunately with the GS Ball being removed in the American version of Crystal, it rather lost its charm to the American viewers of the anime. And when it was forgotten, well, beyond the fact it was the stuff fanfic dreams are made of, it certainly proved that the anime can't do MacGuffins.

Frankly, I would have preferred their usual deus ex-machina writing compared to out-out forgetting or worse, complete letdown after the buildup. Bah. Silly writers.

Back