• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Feature Question] Form Evolution

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2022
    I've created custom several Alcemies for my game. The idea is that each would need a specific item to evolve from Milcery, but I can't get this to work correctly.
    So far, I've:
    • Added Milcery and Alcremie to the pokemon.txt file
    • Added the new Alcremie forms to the pokemonforms.txt file
    • Added the new evolution items to the items.txt file
    • Added images to the Battlers and Icons folders for all the forms

When I tested the new item to evolve the standard Alcremie, it worked perfectly. However, when I attempted to evolve it into one of the other forms, it evolved into an unknown Pokémon.

My questions are: Is what I'm attempting even possible (the Essentials wiki seems to imply that it is)? If it is possible, what am I doing wrong?

For reference, here's the evolution method for the first two Alcremies:
    Evolutions = ALCREMIE,Item,CANDIEDCHERRIES,ALCREMIE_1,Item,BERRYCOMPOTE

My first assumption was that the problem is listing the alternate form Alcremie as "ALCREMIE_1" however, that formatting works perfectly if making it an encounter. Is there some step I'm missing? Is there something I need to do in the script in addition to the PBS files?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2023
    I'm not sure how much help this is but how form evolutions work from my understanding is that form 0 will evolve into form 0 and so on. There are two ways to easily do this that I can think of (no scripting) but they both have really big downsides. The first is that you create different forms of Milcery and make them all look like the base. The downside here is that you need a specific form of Milcery to get a specific Alcremie form. The other is to make the Alcremie forms separate Pokemon all with the same stats and same display name. The problem with this is that if you only put one of them in the Pokedex, only one form will trigger the Pokedex registration. I know this is not what you are after but I can't think of another way without scripting, sorry.

Back