• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Former Pokémon

Kuro

Cloaked by the Masses
Years
  • Do you ever think that some old favourites of the characters should return in the current series? We haven't seen the likes of Muk, Cyndaquil, or even Squirtle in a while. Do you think they should appear more often?

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • I miss Muk, I haven't watched much of the DP series. But I do want to see Muk tackling Prof. Oak again.

Years
  • I don't really watch much of pokemon anymore either. It seems to be getting worse as each generation goes on..

I agree completely. Every new generation they focus on only the new pokemon leaving the old ones to be lost forever (anime wise).

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • I know! The only three that make any sort of return are Bulbasaur, Charizard and Squirtle. I wanna see Pidgeot back, bayleef was funny to watch and i kinda wanna see Kingler and Gary's Krabby in a duel.

brian11301993

I Am Sofa King Good
    Years
  • It would be nice, but when you take into effect the timeslot per epsiode, the writers have difficulty putting in most of the NEW Pokemon, much less the old ones. I agree with you completely, but thinking realistically it would be very hard to spotlight so much Pokemon.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • I miss Pidgeot like mad D8 Ash needs to go visit him. Bayleef pretty much kicked butt, and I miss Muk tackling him.

Dang it, I miss all of Ash's old Pokemon! Go visit them you silly boy!

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
  • I must say I do miss his old Pokemon, especially as someone who's watched the whole series from the first episode. It would be good to see the likes of Butterfree, Pidgeot, Kingler etc again.

The problem is that due to the new audience that Pokemon is now catered for I think the writers will be reluctant to bring in references to any of his past adventures. I read somewhere that in the "Pika vs Goliath" episode from Battle Dimension, they edited out the flashback the scene so it wouldn't show Misty, because they thought that the people who would be watching the episode now would not know who she was. If they are going that far to not bring up old friends, I'm not sure what hope there is to see the likes of Pidgeot again. I think at the very best we may see some of his old pokemon come back to help him out once he eventually gets his eight badges and competes in the Sinnoh Championships, similar to what happened in the Johto championships where the likes of Muk, Snorlax, Squirtle etc all came back to help him.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Ash has used his old Pokemon again a lot of times. I don't know what show you guys are watching, we just saw them make comebacks in Battle frontier.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Old Pokemon, Shmxzatroe Pokemon. Seriously.

They will not be returning any time soon, Pokemon is just progressing into newer heights. If you TRULY compare the old generation to the new ones. They really weren't that good.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    Wish charizard would stay with ash forever. he is easily his most strongest pokemon and he will have a much better chance at winning leagues with it...

MrsMime

Humanshape Pokemon
    Years
  • Oh, that takes me back to the days of the squirtle squad.. XD
    those little sunglasses..

Back