• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forum Tools >> Ignore Thread option?

Monzae

Poison Technician
Years
  • I'm not too sure if this forum has the option, but I think having an 'Ignore Thread' option would be great, especially for the new posts section.. mainly because:

A) They're in a different section that you're not normally used to posting in
    B) They're in a section you have 0% interest in..

If someone has already raised this idea, ignore this.. I didn't see it in the search so I thought I'd raise it.

Samuel.Olu

Avoid hangovers: stay drunk.
    Years
  • that is a very good idea, but maybe someone can get intrested in a forum and they cant acsess it :P

Monzae

Poison Technician
    Years
  • You have a point, a very good point, but mainly that isn't the case..

I mean, I will admit it, Pokemon Movesets and Breeding does NOT interest me one bit.. so I would be happy to write it off for good in my New Posts list..

Thanks for your input though!

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • Mhh I don't think that will be possible to get it working for each user. It's a good idea but I don't think there's a vBulletin plugin which can handle this. But good luck^^

Monzae

Poison Technician
    Years
  • Ack.

Well worth giving it a try though,

Thanks again for everyone's input. Hopefully something like this should come along for VBulletin, as I had seen it in someone elses' forum post..

Samuel.Olu

Avoid hangovers: stay drunk.
    Years
  • Ack.

Well worth giving it a try though,

Thanks again for everyone's input. Hopefully something like this should come along for VBulletin, as I had seen it in someone elses' forum post..

Really :) how come i havent noticed that :shocked:, i thought vbulletin didnt host things like that

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • vBulletin don't supporthackst but other websites do hacks and it's legal of course^^

Klingon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    I think you can hide certain sections, for example you could only view as much or as little of the whole forum as you want to -_-

Other than that I am not sure if I understand your question correctly; I made the effort.

Monzae

Poison Technician
    Years
  • If you read the post that Metroid posted, I think you'd understand that it is to help eradicate particular forum topics from showing in the message board.. most of the posts there are just spam to me, unless it's really in the general section or in the Pokemon Games section.. I still take looks at everything else, I just never go to certain topics because I really couldn't bother.

Everyone has their own opinion on what they want to look at I guess..

Just not quite sure what the response is. I've sent a PM..

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Well, You can hide entire categories by clicking the little
    Icon. There's always some sort of arrow icon in the corner of each category. Click it and it will hide the category

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    Icon. There's always some sort of arrow icon in the corner of each category. Click it and it will hide the category

Yeah but he don't want to hide the whole Category...only the Threads and with the plugin (link is posts above) it's possible to ignore some threads and they won't show up. That's really helpful. Because you can only make the Threads active you wanna see.

I'll hope Hiroshi Sotomura will install it.

Last edited:

Monzae

Poison Technician
    Years

I see, I see...
    That's a start..
    I just hope I'll get some response soon about this..

ROMan

INSERT USER TITLE
    Years
  • If that were to be inserted that would be great. But like Metroid P said there's probably not a VBulleting plug...
    That would be awesome though...

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I really like this idea, too. I can't tell you how sick I am of seeing the new posts in Strategies and Movesets section. XD That, and new posts from the trading/battling sections, and such.

Back