• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FR/LG Style Overworlds

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 19, 2023
Hello!

I'm very new to romhacking and is currently fiddling with OWM to try and insert some of these sprites.
It keeps saying "The size is 96 x 128 your is 128x92" may I know how I can fix this so I can replace/add some of the spites made?

Thank you!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Extract a sprite sheet in OWM and layer the new sprites over the old one accordingly in an image editing program, making sure it's indexed to 16 colors. These sprite sheets are typically formatted for Pokemon Essentials rather than for romhacks, if you're just trying to insert them as they are (which is it seems like).

Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
How do you import these into your game? The format is different than the vanilla fire red spritesheet.

Years
Love the sprites for specific trainer classes, don't have to use the super nerd OW for ~5 different trainer classes anymore! Is there a .zip with all sprites available? Would be nicer than having to download each of the spritesheets individually.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jun 9, 2023
These are fantastic! Great Job!

Also if I could request Lillie from the end of the games (where her hair is up in a ponytail) I'd appreciate it. (I saw a regular lillie already posted).

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
cAGWvKt.png

Not sure how useful this could be to others- but I made an edit of the FRLG fisher's overworld sprite to better match the actual appearance of his battle sprite. Feel free to use it if need be! I've been following aveontrainer's work for a while as I work on a hack, but I hadn't realized other people were sharing their own FRLG-styled sprites in here; I have made others but I either want to keep them private or I think they aren't of any real use to other creators as they are right now. I'll try and comb over my work over the next few days and see if I have anything else that immediately comes to mind as helpful to other people making fan projects. This probably isn't exactly the most interesting showcase of what I've been doing, but it's more potentially serviceable to others than sprites of my private OCs :P

(My work is all formatted for romhack insertion rather than for Essentials, unlike aveontrainer's, so keep that in mind if you use these)

Back