• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen FR/LG worth getting?

Tesla7zap

Barbeque anyone?
    Years
    Well, I don't like that Nintendo makes all these new versions of older games but I own Red, Gold and Ruby and just wonder if it is more stuff in it than Red/Blue than just new graphics... I know some new pokemon will make appearance, will you be able to send all pokemon back and forth via r/s and fr/lg? say you catch Mewtwo in fire red, will you be able to send it to Ruby/Sapphire then? and that super rare pokemon you could catch in ruby if you got a eon ticket (ill prolly never get one considering i live in sweden... the forgotten country..)

I dont know if it's illegal to talk about in these forums, but is there someone with link to a english fire red / leaf green rom? I'd just like to test it out to see if i should buy it or not.

does anybody know when the games release btw?

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Wow... Ya REALLY need an update XD
    FireRed/LeafGreen WILL NOT feature any new Pkmn... And theyre Ramakes of Red/Blue, but now the Kanto Region have the Sevii Islands, some new Islands where ya can capture Jotho Pkmn and some cool news. And in Fr/Lg, the Pkmn have Genders like in G/S/C/Ru/Sa/Em... And after ya pick the Ruby and Sapphire Crystals, ya cn active a machine that let ya Transfer Pkmn from Fr/Lg to Ru/Sa and Vice-Versa.

And ya cant talk abour ROMs at PC...

And teh release that is soon! September 7th!
    But I dunno when it will be released in Sweden...

Abusoru

Absol-ute Fan
    Years
    • Age 54
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    What is the difference between Fire Red and Leaf Green? Is there rare pokemon in one that you can't get in the other? If not why buy both versions? Anyone know?

Electabuzz_Girl

100% Americian gurl
    Years
    I don't really know if they're worth getting I was dissapointed with ruby/sapphire verisons.......
    Plus they're just updated red/blue verisons to tell you the truth I'd rather play the 8 bit graphic red verison insted. I wonder if they let missingno and 'M stay in the new games........

Tesla7zap

Barbeque anyone?
    Years
    better music? :P I just make it go faster, mute the sound on the game (sounds terrible when the music goes 1000x times faster than usual), and then listen to music elsewhere :P

Back