• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

fragments of alarayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Sapphire. At once, Gale snapped out of the fantasy she was in, and remembered she was the Sapphire of the Gems. She walked on over and sighed.

"'Team', huh... Well, I guess that would work... Sorry..." Gale said, yawning. "I'm a little tired, but then again, we probably all are, huh... This will be important, I suppose, or else this meeting was to go on later..." She refrained from talking and brought out her Luxury Ball again. She began tossing it, and all at once, her fantasy started again.

Oh, my brother, and my sister, too! I have two siblings instead of one?

Why of course, Gale. We've always been alive. Just never discovered by someone else in our family until now.

But... Where are you going?

We're on a journey, OK? Sorry, but... You're too young to go.

But WHY? Why can't I come? I have my Pokemon, after all!

Yes, but... It's much too dangerous, no matter how powerful your Pokemon fare.

Stop this nonsense! I'm old enough and prepared enough and you know it!

Later, Gale...

Wait! Don't go!

The fantasy was abruptly interrupted when Gale failed to catch the Luxury Ball she had been throwing consecutively. It landed on the ground with a "plop", but nothing happened. But that was what Gale expected. She picked the ball up without a sound and placed it back in her pocket gently...

Years
    Neru jumped out of bed. One minute to spare... he thought to himself as he turned his alarm clock off before it could go off with the buzzing that drove him crazy. "Cutter, how many times do I have to tell you to stay in your Pokeball until I need you," he said, slightly irritated with his all together too stalker-ish friend. Cutter looked downcast. "Oh, you know I can't stay angry at you," Neru added, returning her to her Pokeball. He walked to his sink and grabbed his tooth brush, brushed his teeth for four minutes, and looked at his calendar. Aww man... I have to shower today... he thought to himself.

Neru went and began his shower in his washroom area. He grabbed his sponge and started washing himself with it. Suddenly he realized that the sponge had a mind of its own, and had scratched him. "Falyn, what in the world are you doing?!!?!!?" he screamed at the top of his lungs, throwing the bewildered, ruffled, and wet; barely awake.

Neru finished his shower and got out to find Falyn drying off with his towel. He grabbed a different one after kicking her soundly on the rump. Neru decided to go to breakfast. After getting into his rocket uniform he went to the elvator and rode to the cafeteria floor in silence. Falyn had accompanied him, since she too was starving. He emerged from the elevator and went to make his special breakfast drink of multiple nutrients. Falyn helped herself to some eggs and toast, from someone's tray of course.

Neru left Falyn to her breakfast and walked to the stairs. He quickly dashed to the correct floor. He emerged into the dull corridor and found several gems there. He shook a little at the sight of them. Why do they have to be good looking girls? he thought.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    If there was anything in this world she truly hated more than getting up early after a long night full of wretched dreams, it was stepping out of an elevator and hearing a skitty fight at the end of the hallway. She'd noted the entrance of that one blonde girl with a glance but gave it no more attention then that. It just wasn't worth it. Not…Not this early in the morning. As she removed the headphones, the pachi-metal finally subsiding from its ridiculous echoing within her cranium, she couldn't help a low groan, pinching the bridge of her nose once, shaking her head as she stepped out of the elevator. Tilting her head back, she took a final swig of the magical elixir, and after pounding the can against her thigh into a small little colored circle, chucked it effortlessly into the trashcan behind her. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath, centered her thoughts and devoided herself of any rash or iritaiting emotion. The whole thing, though elaborate, took only three deep breaths, after which she walked towards the door at a normal pace, passing by the squabblers without a second thought. Stopping at the door, she pulled the lock of hair by her face behind her ear and leaned forward, her eye catching the light of the lock mechanism. The voice that followed was male, high pitched and obnoxious and reminded Mika just how Kain needed to be forbidden to ever have free time ever again regardless of what it meant for the rest of the rockets. Just...never again.

Weeeeeellllcome Mika~ Here for the meeting I presume?

"...Honestly, what else would I be here for at 4:42 in the morning?"

Aw.. You poor little dahling... Well, there's plenty of beverages and snacks inside full of nummy sugar for all of you! But don't eat too much or you'll get a tummy ache and that would make me sad. D: See? Sad face. I'm making a sad face D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D:

"Yes yes, we understand Roger. Please open the door for me?"

Ah my lovie, I can never refuse you. ^___^ In you go, in ALL of you go! Find your seat~ It's listed by your gem, but you already know that, don't you lovies? ...Ohmai! What's this now? Well, um, Jade, right? Jade, if that dahling little Togi-Togi-Togepi wakes and you can't sooth him, you just tell ol Roger and I'll send someone to tend to her until the meeting's over. ^3^ Baby baby baby~ Roger likes the baby!

Sighing, Mika pushed the now unlocked door open, glancing around the room, wincing as the lights came on in a blast of disgusting reminders as to the status of the current morning time. Blinking once or twice at the drastic change in light, she wandered over to her seat, as indicated by the Emerald Shaded R on the front of the executive leather chairs, directly to the left hand side of the Head of the Table which, as was indicated by the logo on the chair, belonged to none other than Giovanni himself. The rest of the seats were as follows, to Mika's immediate left, The Jade, to his left, the Amber and to her left, the Sapphire and closest to the entrance, The Rhinestone. Across from Mika, to the right of Giovanni was the Amethyst, to the right of that, the Garnet, to the right of her was the Beryl and to the right of him was the Diamond and on her right, the Opal, closest to the entrance on that side. In the middle of the glass table was a computer projector of sorts. The Master Hall of the Executives; only a few had actually been in here and never all at once. It was the room where things were decided, plans were made and fates were sealed.

And it was just too horrifically, awfully, horrendously bright for such an early hour. Swapping another can of Mountain Dewgong from the Bar to the right of the door, she crossed to her seat and sat down. It was just too early to be social, especially after such an awful night. Hopefully everyone came in and sat down and shut up. She wasn't in a mood for games this early in the morning [Why, for the love of Skitlord, were those lights still so freakin' bright?!] and while she didn't want to terrify the poor little things, she wasn't going to hold back if they tested her. It was just too early to hold back or, really for that matter, to do anything. Crossing her fingers out of the line of site of the others, she took another sip and prayed, prayed that they'd all just act like the rank they held... She really wasn't in a mood to kill people. It was just too early.

Checking her pokegear that hung around her neck she sighed and leaned her head back in the chair. The people who weren't here had about ten minutes to show up before she was going to put them on the naughty list which meant that, well, they'd be getting the short stick for any unpleasentries for a very very long time.

[ooc: For those who don't understand, the order is thus. Giovanni sits at the head. Emerald sits on his left side, Amethyst on his right. To the right of the Amethyst is Garnet, Beryl, Diamond, Opal. On Mika's side, on her left, is Jade, Amber, Sapphire, Rhinestone. Make sense? GOOD. x3x]

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Rhinestone, Sapphire, Amethyst, Jade and Garnet. Five out of ten Gems were present upon Seras' arrival, excluding herself and the accompanying Emerald. It appeared Beryl, Diamond and Opal weren't as time conscious as the rest of them. That or they could care less about a five o'clock meeting and decided to sleep in, a habit she most envied. Still, there was a good eighteen minutes left on the clock, so she was expecting some form of entertainment in their hurried arrival.

Taking the lead, Emerald proceeded to the office doors, debating with its automated intercom before unhinging its lock and stepping inside. Following suit, Seras strode past the ensuing squabble without word and entered the room, also known as the Master Hall of the Executives. That be the name of the place she now stood upon, an overwhelming privilege to and often pined after goal of any Rocket. And to think, she had risen to such a position merely due to her carnivorous nature in hunting pokemon. In all honesty, it was quite amusing.

Maintaining indifference despite her thoughts, the pokemon hunter pursued her designated place at the meeting table, two seats over to the already nestled Emerald. Glancing over then at the head chair, she mulled over the arrival of their almighty lord and saviour and his reasoning behind his summoning of the Rocket Gems. What purpose did he have in bringing together the organisation's leading executives? And why now? Needless to say, it was all very intriguing. She only hoped that the matter would be one of actual interest.

Crossing her legs and arms as she sunk into the leather backed seat, Seras closed her eyes once again, awaiting the arrival of her accompaniment.

OOC: I saw that Mika-chan, your little typo in the seating arrangment. >3

Years
    [ooc: Why am I on the end? jk. I prefer that. I'm the geek.]

Rhinestone shrugged his laptop higher onto his shoulder. He walked past the others and into the door. It hurt. He decided to open it the second time, and made it in successfully. He sat in his proper chair and pulled out Theliaraxon. [ooc: That is his computer. I just decided to name it. Thelia is left side, Raxon is the right. Roger is on the left usually, because Raxon is overly non-aesthetic. Raxon has Neru's personally designed operating system.] After booting, Theliaraxon 's screen split. The two screens worked independently. The right side ran lots of code, which would be confusing to most people who didn't read it very quickly. Neru opened a simple game of strategy and began playing to waste some time. He did everything he could to ignore the two women sitting so nearby.

Rhinestone realized he still had too much attention span left. He increased his work load, making the game harder. He also started writing a code for a virus that would cause a computer to send a notification to him whenever it turned on. A fairly simple virus, but he also added some cover to it, reworked its shape, and made it send itself to a different computer every twenty minutes, which would slowly make him able to tell whenever a computer was turned on in the world. It might take a few days though. When he finished it was a downloadable picture of a beautiful scene portraying a Dragonair in a waterfall getaway with exotic plants growing everywhere. The colors were very vibrant, with a slight dark shade to indicate that it was nighttime. It was very peaceful and disarming. The program itself would access all the computers he sent it to, followed by snagging another every 20 minutes, not when the pic was sent. The pic was just for show, because he enjoyed giving people something pretty to look at. The whole process was over too quickly though. It was such an easy program, and the picture had been in his head for days. He finished in forty seconds. Afterwards he was slightly irritated. He had lost his game, and it was still on such an easy setting. He blacked his screens in frustration and put his mouse away. He crossed his arms like a five year old, looking his emotion.

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Heh. I figured having so many Gems in one place would be interesting. Not all of us are here, and already something starts. Aidan looked from Parse to Khael to Gale, then smiled. "Don't worry about it, Sapphire. It's nice to have you join us." His expression warmed, then grew a little apologetic as a new thought seemingly occurred to him. The trainer's eyes turned back toward Parse, and his face and body followed. "It's Amethyst, right? Good to see you as spirited as ever--even at this time in the morning. I have to admit I find it impressive, though I guess it's my bad luck to have been the one to catch the point of your words." He gave a good-natured laugh. "But I guess you caught some of that, too, Jade."

The sound of elevator doors drew Aidan's attention, and he fell quiet as he paused to view the new arrivals. Two more Gems--including our little lady boss. And bright and chipper by the look of it, too. The male considered finding an apparently innocent way to annoy the already-irritable Emerald, but soon found that the resident Rocket AI had already done that quite nicely. Aidan's smile did not quite reach the level of smirk as he made his way into the meeting room. As he stepped inside, the Garnet's shadow faintly distorted for the briefest moment. He was not alone.

"The Master Hall of the Executives" this place was named. It was not a bad-looking room--the lighting in no manner lacking, the furniture nicely designed--and the decisions made here did tend to have far-reaching effects. Yet after seeing the Master Hall, Aidan had often thought the name too grandiose. However powerful the people were who met here, they were merely that: people . . . most of them, anyway. And somehow he had thought a place with so regal a name would be bigger. He could only object so much, though. After all, he had his own chair. Aidan hefted a bottle of apple juice and made his way over to said chair: between Amethyst and Beryl, across from Jade, one seat removed from the head. He pushed his chair back, sat down, and slid the chair back forward. Almost automatically he began observing everyone present--dissecting their mannerisms and attempting to equate them to thoughts and emotions. Long practice allowed him to watch without openly staring, though he had stared at some people quite blatantly in the past merely to draw a reaction. Already so much to see here . . . I think this will be fun.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Because Neru's bathing habits are insufficient and that seat is as far from the higher ranks as possible, obviously. :x

Oh, looks like I was just channeling my character there. Never mind. XD

IC:

"And you appear to be as slick as ever, Garnet." Parse replied in the open-ended manner that she gotten accustomed to in her - thankfully scarce - interactions with this particular gem. It wasn't that he was openly...unlikeable, but there was something in Aidan's ever-friendly manner that put her on edge, a certain sense of purpose in his friendly remarks, never taken too far or misdirected like one would expect from such things. It was like he wielded his friendliness as a shield to protect him from counter-attacks, and he wielded it frightfully well, "Whether you choose to be impressed or not is up to you, just as long as you try to pay a bit more attention during the actual meeting."

The sapphire was...well, being herself, certainly, her mind apparently somewhere completely different. Parse had half a mind to make an attempt to drag her back onto her earth as well, but just then the elevator doors finally opened, a far from bemused Emerald striding into the corridor, flanked by two other gems with forced calmness. A definite sign that this was not the time to start up an argument. As such, the Tactician duly took a step back and turned her attention to the other two arrivals. Amber was...alright, she supposed. Her eating habits were not something Parse was quite ready to stomach, but she did her work efficiently and didn't spend an excessive amount of time on making herself insufferable, which was more than could be said for most people with in this organization. As long as the blonde remained a black marketeer with a taste for breast of Golduck, however, Parse was not about to let her anywhere near the pokémon on her team.

That being said, Seras was certainly a welcome sight in comparison to the other gem that had appeared in their wake. Rhinestone...Parse couldn't help wrinkling her nose slightly, but refrained from comment as she determinedly refused to look at him and strode over to her seat instead. If there was one thing she couldn't stand, it was Rhinestone's kind of sloppiness. It was obvious that he had rushed just to make it here in the last minute, at the expense of a proper shower sorely needed, and that was not even getting into his manners. For a man who was valued for his brains, Parse couldn't help thinking, it was rather ironic how much he seemed to think with his scrotum. For virtually every meeting they attended together, Parse was thankful for the fact that her seat was located as far from his as circumstances would permit.

Wordlessly, the amethyst reached into her bag and procurred writing block and pencil, carefully writing down each gem and their arrival time by order. She didn't speak, nor communicate much at all beyond the quiet scratching of her pencil, but for anyone paying attention, it was obvious from the additional pressure she applied to the last three names that she was not exactly pleased with the people behind them. Beryl, Diamond, Opal. Arriving last minute was bad; arriving late was inexcusable. Gems or no, those three and their little accomplishment would be remembered in any future mission plans she got her hands on.

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Entering the room with the other Gems (and her boss with the obnoxious lady-voice), Gale quietly sat down in her designated spot. Rhinestone and Amber... I think Rhinestone is the geeky one, and Amber is the unpredictable one. Great. Of COURSE I'm stuck between the weirdos. Stupid lady boss probably decided this. Better that I don't complain, though... Gale thought, an expression of slight annoyance appearing on her face. Although she wasn't too sure if she was right about their personalities, she took her best guess. Deciding not to ponder that subject any longer, Gale took note of their ages. I think Rhinestone is 16, and Amber is 22. Then, on Amber's other side is Emerald, who is 17, and after Emerald is Jade, who I think is 20. Meaning I'm the youngest in this lineup. And if it weren't for Emerald, I'd be the only girl on the left side... I know it doesn't matter, but... ANYWAYS! I should plan out my next strategy! It would only be best! All this time Gale had gone off in a daze, thinking about pointless things, like the ages of those around her, or their genders, or who she was stuck between... But that was just her. Besides being great at tactics and strategizing, Gale was also good at figuring out her opponent's strategies and overall information on them and their Pokemon. But that ability she also used for figuring out the information of those around her, which could get to be a bit annoying. And she knew Amethyst was the Tactician, and came up with all sorts of tactics, but sometimes, Gale just liked to work her own way. She didn't want to tick Amethyst off, however, so she usually never argued over what she was to do.

In a nutshell, Gale didn't like doing jobs that were "good for her age". She hated being treated as a minor; she liked to do anything that was "good for her majors". She didn't think age mattered (plus, she considered herself to be as mature as an adult). All that really should matter was that she was part of this. There was no backing down, no running away. Even with this...horrendously annoying lady-boss, Gale knew leaving for good meant a lot of trouble her way (especially since the true boss was much worse). Sighing, she slumped back on her chair, and awaited her boss's instructions.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Bristol laid completely still, his eyes fixated on the currently dimmed light. He hadn't slept in nearly eight months. Instead, he lay awake every night, his mind racing with psychic energy. Thoughts of the past, the future - his mind was constantly flooded with the ebb and flow of time. While he couldn't predict the future, he saw glimpses of what could be. Bristol didn't understand his abilities yet. As a child, he was often told he was the only child of two of the greatest psychics to ever live: Frieda and Johan Delhomme. Next to Sabrina and Will, they were considered some of the best minds in the world. Naturally, it was expected that Bristol would inherit these abilities.

It was often his parents that came to the forefront of his thoughts. It had been five years since he had seen them. Bristol didn't mind though - they were more peers than his parents anyway. There was no affection, no love - only practice and strength. It was from them he acquired his distaste for human beings. Parents were supposed to care and love his children. If people like his parents could exist, humanity only existed to disappoint.

Bristol looked to his clock and it said 4:40 AM.

"I suppose it's time for me to get upstairs," Bristol said, edging his way out of his bed. He grabbed his cell phone and slid it into his right pocket. Next he grabbed his belt and worked it through the loops. Finally, he opened the drawer on his desk and pulled out his six PokeBalls. He then grabbed each ball and placed it in its respective spot on his belt.

Bristol walked to his door and opened it. The bright light from the hallway blinded him temporarily, but his eyes adjusted quickly and he made his way to the elevator. He pressed the up button and waited. In typical Rocket fashion, the elevator was there promptly and Bristol stepped on. He looked at his watch, which said it was 4:56. He knew how Mika hated lateness, so he closed his eyes and began to focus on the elevatar. C'mon... just a little faster. Outside the elevator, the numerous cables and gears that controlled the elevator were engulfed in a pink aura. They began to work faster, pulling the elevator up at a greater speed. Bristol reached the floor in only a few seconds, which was signaled by a loud beep and the doors rushing open.

In his normal calm and collected manner, he walked to the conference door and strode in. The clock on the wall said 4:58. Thank God. He took his seat next to the Garnet and waited for the meeting to begin.

ooc:

[Sorry it took so long. School's been murder this week.]

Sonee

One level at a time...
    Years
    {{ooc: Ami and I decided to post together to save time space and confusion. At least, I hope it is less confusing...-Sonee}}

Ami sighed as she reviewed the morning so far. She was sitting at her desk, devising a way to wake Sonee up, when suddenly the flashing lights of a chinchou alarm clock flew past her door, ending its flight in a tinkling crash. "Good thing Sonee is such a tinkering type," she giggled under her breath. She had been trying to wake up Sonee for half an hour now. "I knew I should have started at 3 am, not 4 am," she moaned. Ami had tried everything to get the Pokemon to help, but not even her latest batch of ice cream would entice them to put their lives in peril. Storm Warning and Ariel dived into their Pokeballs. Beauty refused to come out of hers. Pika skidded to a stop in front of Sonechka's backpack and ran back to push the whimpering Umbro in with her. Fantasma hid in the closet. Sparky bounced over to join his beloved Pika in the backpack and Callie slunk under Ami's bed. Ami giggled nervously, "Looks like I'm going this alone." Her eyes widened as a simple thought came to her. "Duh!" she laughed as she slapped her forehead. Walking out to the kitchette part of the small suite, Ami ground up some coffee beans and quietly called out, "Latte, Sonee, latte!"

Sonechka sat up aburptly, gasping to anchor herself in time and space. Moaning, she started to fall back on her pillow, only to find herself thwarted by a nest of small Pokemon snuggling in the warmth. She caught sight of the time on the offical Team Rocket clock every room displayed in the complex. 0430. Why did these high level meetings have to take place at such a ungodly hour? 10 am was a much more civilized hour. Noon would be even better. Her personal research showed that more critical decisions and contracts were made over lunch or dinner than at any other time. She sighed the air. "Ami, put the coffee on, please!" Sonechka called out as she dashed into the shower for a quick thorough scrubbing. She quickly braided her hair into a single back braid. Calling her Pokemon to her, Sonechka slipped into her uniform and stamped on her boots. After applying just the right touch of makeup, she swung her backpack over one shoulder and gratefully took the improvised "latte" from Ami's hands.

The girls dashed for the elevator....only to find the last one to get them there on time... gone. They proceeded to sprint up the stairs. Sonee grinned as Ami complained about "missing the awesome music in the elevator". They burst through the conference room doors... 0501... Ami slipped into her seat, so proud of herself for making up the time. All eyes in the room turned toward Sonee.

Sonechka stood in the doorway for a moment to catch her breath. Feeling all the eyes on her, she deliberately made the effort to meet the eyes of every individual in the room. As she came to Giovanni, Sonechka raised a sardonic eyebrow and moved onto the young woman next to him. Her face paled and eyes darkened to a deep blue as she recognized Mika. Not as Emerald, but as Mika. Blinking to regain her composure, she finished her task and sat down next to Ami.

Marsy

pura pura o3o
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2013
    Khael murmured something silently to himself at Parse's retort, but didn't dare speak it in any coherent way. He may not be the most intelligent man alive, but her knew when not to say certain things about women...around women. They seemed to be skilled enough, or moody enough, to take just about anything as an insult to them and/or the entire woman race. It always baffled him how, because he would never mean it like they take it, and yet, most women end up convincing him otherwise in no time flat. Stupid women and their talking, and plotting, and being emotional, and pretty and... Khael spaced out for a few minutes before snapping out of it, glad that Amethyst had gone into the conference room with Garnet before he started staring off. He doubt he'd hear the end of that "failure" and how she would beat him over the head if they weren't of equal rank. Following suit, Khael brushed off his black jeans and headed towards the door to where the computer was being a pedophile again.

"Hello Rodger," He said sweetly with his signature smile, "Thanks for the thought, but I'll be perfectly fine, as always, taking care of her." Giving Rodger a wink, he started walking through the door frame "I'll tell Kisa you said hi." What? He had to get his kicks in the morning somehow. And if that involved pathetically flirting with the gay pedophile computer, so be it. It amused him greatly.

Grabbing another large cup of coffee, Khael made his way to his great leather backed chair to the immediate left of the Emerald. It was funny, this was his seat, always right next to her, and yet he had never talked to her, he didn't even know anything about her that wasn't in her file. Khael highly doubted anyone in this room really knew her, she seemed to keep to herself a lot more than any of the others. Which was saying something when the others barely socialized as it was.

He looked over at Parse, "And for your knowledge, I did try and sleep, I just found it rather difficult to sleep past three in the morning when she," He put the open bag on the table that currently housed the sleeping Togepi, "decided to cry until I woke up." There was no sharp tone to his statement, just a neutral one, there was no point in making her want to strangle him, or verbally assault him. And even more important, Khael really didn't want to piss off the Emerald, she looked in a bad mood as it was. "And Amethyst, if I can give you some advice, you should smile more often, I'm sure you look nice when you smile." He smiled that same smile from before. Why did he have to go and flirt with the stupid computer? He mentally smacked himself, No flirting with the other Gems, bad Khael! Kisa made a small noise like she was giggling at him and he mentally glared at the sleeping Pokemon.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    4:58

Innocent the little digits may have been, but the rancor with which Parse wrote them down was a different matter altogether, quite the clear signal that even though her eyes didn't seem to have left the paper, Bristol's cocky manner had not gone unnoticed. A grunt under Amethyst's command would have known the significance of her note block all too well, and the condemning sound of pen against paper that Bristol had just been subjected to would have been more than enough to strike the fear of God into them. Her fellow gems, unfortunately, did not, but surely even they could not have been completely unaware of the condemning sound that emerged on her last note. The sound which, to a grunt-in-the-know, was equivalent to a death sentence.

5:01

Latecomers.

Had Parse been in charge of proceedings and Mika not in as sour a mood as she was, the duo would have been in for the scolding of a lifetime. As it was, however, the two were allowed to take their seats without further protest...much to the tactician's annoyance. She was not given long to dwell on this particular source of indignation, as Khael suddenly took it on him - for reasons she could only imagine - to pick up on a conversation she had already thought finished. What's more...he made what could quite kindly be described as a desperate pass on her.

"A smile is a sign of approval, Jade." she retorted, keeping her voice business-like as usual and doing her best not to elevate the noise level in the room unnecessarily, "I have yet to see anything that I particularly approve of this morning. And for your information, I also woke up at three AM today and am feeling none the worse for it. If you truly need sleep in such large quantities, then just keep your pokémon in computer storage overnight so it can't bother you." she off-offhandedly wrote down a small note next to 'Jade' on her note block, "Now if you would be so kind as to keep quiet until the meeting begins, I think it would be much appreciated."

Last edited:

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Giovanni and his faithful pet dog were almost always late. It wasn't a large deal when the annoying midget dragged her overly exhausted trainer through the doorway and pushed her into a chair. It wasn't a large deal. They were a minute late and Mika knew that Sonechka, the poor girl who was sipping at coffee and trying to stay upright, knew that factor as well. It suprised her, as an eye opened and drifted towards the vocal slaughter going on between Amethyst, (Parse if her memory served her correctly) and Jade, (Khael, wasn't it?) that this girl, Parse, was so overtly concerned with people's timely arrival when it was obvious she should know that Giovanni was never on time to a single bloody event.

Sighing, she pulled herself up out of her chair and, after placing her hands on the table for a moment, listening to the crap being slung back and forth. Khael had a point. It was well known he had a togepi that he doted on near constantly and infants, be them humans or pokemon, don't like to always stay asleep when they should as their little tummies or other various baby parts say otherwise and, as they aren't exactly the vocal type, this can cause them to cry uncontrollably until these demands are met. The overall disproval wasn't what was starting to wear on the exausted girl's nerves however, but the comment that such an 'obnoxious' little thing should be just shoved in computer storage. The key dangling over her hands, she stared at it for a moment before her eyes narrowed and, raising her hands up slightly, she slammed them down, rather hard, her eyes opening to stare at the duo, a bit of amber flare trickling behind them, "Parse, I suggest you keep your mouth shut on topics you cannot possibly comprehend as you have never experienced raising a pokemon from a hatchling and therefore do not understand the energy that a child can draw out of its parent simply by existing." Sighing, she sat back down, flopping back against the chair, "My father is late. He's always late. All of you who arrived a tad on the late side, I understand it is early, I dislike these morning meetings as much as the next person and I appreciate the effort you took to get out here. Just relax for a moment, and-"

The door behind the largest chair, the chair of Giovanni himself, cracked open, and Mika tiled her head, straightening herself up before her hands fell to her sides and there was an obvious look of disgust and shock all over her face as, instead of Giovanni and a Persion slipping into the light, it was a man who looked nothing like Giovanni at all, a man almost twice her height that was walking past the doorway directly towards her with a giddy little smile on his face. Dressed in a pair of black dress slacks, shiny black dress shoes and a black shirt matched with a stunningly bright silver tie, the long black haired man whose hair was pulled tightly into a professional looking ponytail at the nape of his neck, was a bit out of place in this room, as to those who did not know him as the master's pet dog would be slightly confused why, when all the chairs were full aside from Giovanni's, there was a random man who looked seemingly like a mobster with the silver ring on his hand in the room.

With a smirk, he tucked a stray hair behind his ear and stepped up behind the obviously displeased to see him Emerald, leaning down, his lips just inches from her ear as he spoke almost silently into it, causing the girl to lightly flinch once before shooing him away with a pinch to his nose, her face slightly flushed with embarassment, "What do you mean he's not coming?"

Raising his hands in the air, he shook his head flippantly before crossing, sitting down in Giovanni's chair with a little flourish, crossing his legs and tapping his fingers together in a random order, laughing lightly, "Nono children, Giovanni decided he wasn't going to get up this fine morning and put me in charge of your briefing instead. Isn't that just lovely?" His smile faded, his amber eyes flickering behind the wire rimmed half glasses as he sat forward, "So let's get down to buisness, shall we? First off, let me introduce myself." he cleared his throating mockingly, "I am Dr Double Master Kain Soliony Ivanhov-Sensei, chief scientist of Rocket Enterprises and the surrogate owner of your souls when the master is away. But you can call me Kain or Dr Romano. You, my beloved little gems, are the best that Rocket has to offer, you, my beloved little gems, are the strongest force here. You come from your own areas of expertise, the Tactician, Lady Parse for example who has devised methods to crack even the most uncrackable bases to steal technology and the, well, I like to call him my ickle little Hot Shot, the brutal Khael if you don't mind me saying so, by far one of the strongest trainers Rocket has even seen, able to defeat the Elite Four, if he wanted, without breaking a sweat. I could go on and on about most of you if I had the time but, sadly, i don't."

Coughing, he took a swig from the flask, what was in it wasn't certain, from his belt and smirked, sighing softly before standing, snapping his fingers to reveal a hologram of the Johto Region, "This is Johto. I know, I know, basic primary school knowledge, but these-" he pulled his hands together and out, a small holographic keyboard appearing under his fingers. Tapping a few keys, six indicaitors appeared on the map at eight locations, the Burned Tower, the Dark Cave, the Whirl Islands, Mt Mortar, the Ruins of Alph, the Lake of Rage and the Dragon's Den, "Are the locations of Ancient Seals. Ever heard the story? of the tree that used to exist on the top of Mt Silver? It's said that if you unlock the eight seals on each main island and the four seals on the hidden continents, you will unlock the doorway, given you have a Chosen amongst you, to the sacred tree. That tree will give you the power to control things beyond what human minds can grasp conceptually as, if one could find a way to control the tree, the tree that fills the whole bloody world with mana, well, it's impossible for us to grasp. However, the ideals of such power is not why we're sending you out." he pressed a few more keys, bringing up an image of a barren field, "This field used to be like Florama Town, in Sinnoh. As you can see, there's nothing left. This is because, after the seals on two of the smaller continents were broken, the other seals began to waiver, the balance of power being knocked off its axis in most places giving some seals incredible boosts of power and other areas saw a near complete reduction. In short, the land is going mad with decay. If the seals are not broken so that the path of mana is restored, we're going to have an environmental catastrophe on our hands."

Snapping his fingers, all of the graphics disappeared and up from the table, infront of each individual, popped up a chip for a pokegear or pokenav or whatever other personal device the person might have, " This contains what i've just shown as well as the leaders of your mission. It should come to no surprise that our resident Chosen, the Emerald, Lady Mika," he gestured to Mika who was looking slightly more annoyed and slightly more awake than before, "Will be the head of this unit. However, should she become incapacitated, the Amethyst, Lady Parse, will take over and if she for some reason," his gaze, cruel and blank, on the girl lingered for a moment before he turned over towards the boy on Mika's left, the gaze still the same "He, Khael, will take control of the unit but neither of you will take over for Mysterica unless I am explicitly informed of the situation as soon as sanely possible. Any missteps from this protocol and well, you'll be looking at the treason paperwork unless you've got a damn good excuse. And, may I remind you that the Global Police will know the moment the first seal is broken what we're up to and the stakes will be raised. They might offer you money. Rewards. Power. Take it and, well, we'll find you. And then?" He smirked, clapping his hands together, "We'll become the best of friends." Sitting back down, he crossed his legs and lifted a hand towards the table, "You'll be leaving here via the underground transport to Saffron City by then which you will transfer to the Magnet Train to Goldenrod. From there, the path is determined by Mika and Parse with help from others if they so ask for it. You leave in two hours. Any questions?" Smiling, he leaned back in his chair, spining form side to side like a child, "There's no such thing as a dumb question, only dumb people who don't ask questions."

As he took the questions, Mika let out a heavy sigh, her eyes closing for a moment. Well, she hadn't been expecting this. Not in the least bit. There was nothing she could do, complaining wouldn't do anything but tarnish her reputation. Yawning, she opened her eyes and sipped at her pop, her expression blank and unreadable as she observed her new unit discussing the questions any might have over this little scandal. Fun fun.

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    (Um... Floaroma is in Sinnoh. You put Hoenn X_x)

Sighing, Gale looked down on the ground. Eh, when am I gonna be able to do something? she wondered. It's understandable Emerald's in charge, but I don't always want to follow them. But, if it's HIS orders... Gale scowled at the fact Professor Kain came over and not Giovanni, as she thought he was a pain in the Arceus. I should follow them. No need to cause trouble... She sighed, and pulled out some Tarot cards. She placed them on the table, and regardless of what anyone else thought, she began shuffling and dealing them out. When she looked in her book for what the cards she got meant, she immediately put the deck away. Well, it could be worse, I suppose... She sighed again.

Tarot cards confused her the most. She assumed it was because of the book, since she understood what the I-Ching book told her. It was just her. But nonetheless, she used all sorts of fortune telling methods, so she would have to count Tarot cards no matter what.

(Sorry if it's a bit short. I couldn't decide what to do with Gale much.)

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    With the anti-climatic arrival of Beryl, Diamond and Opal as well as the overdue seating of Jade, an analysis of each and every gem came to order. After all, first impressions were important, and judging by the influx of lax, unstable and immature attitudes present so far, it seemed not one would arouse Seras' attention, let alone be worthy of any acknowledgement. That said however, if she were to single out any of the present gems, only three showed any potential. The rest would have to prove their worth.

As she casually swept over the table to pinpoint such persons, their ragtag conference was abruptly interrupted by the arrival of Kain Soliony Ivanhov, the man apparently responsible for their briefing when the big man downstairs was away, a notion incredibly off putting considering the individual. And with witnessing his arrival, Seras found little to no reason to pay any heed to his instructions, taking the opportunity to finally catch up on some much desired sleep.

The universe however, had another fate in store for the hunter, in the form of a condensed mission brief and a personal chip, although unfortunately, not of the potato kind. Alas, the meeting had ended as abruptly as it started, so no sleep could be had. And with the initiation of questions, she simply returned to her silent stupor, now awaiting their official dismissal.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Throughout the events preceding the arrival of Dr. Kain Romano, the grand entrance itself, and the briefing that followed; Aidan's expression never fell below the level of quiet passiveness. Following Kain's introduction, the youth even smiled in greeting. So we get this. I guess Giovanni doesn't think much of his "Gems." While the trainer had never personally met Dr. Romano before, he had heard of him. And Aidan knew as well as everyone else in the room what exactly the "scientific department" of Team Rocket did. He had even dropped off a few prisoners and traitors in the laboratories. Once the briefing began, Aidan leaned forward, thoughtfully holding a hand to his mouth while his other hand toyed with his half-empty juice bottle. Before this point, Aidan had never heard the story of the tree being given as anything other than a fairy tale. And following a fairy tale map around the world felt a little, well, silly. But if nothing else, Dr. Romano appeared to view his story seriously (as seriously as that man ever viewed anything, at least). And more importantly, this game mission could be fun.

After giving a quick explanation of the situation along with the usual "if you betray us you're done" speech Aidan had been hearing since before he was an official Rocket member, Dr. Romano allowed a time for questions. For awhile, no one seemed eager to break the silence. Aidan considered, then lowered his hand and asked, "How much do we know about what we're up against? Natural barriers to the seals, specific G-men we'll be likely to face, anything to be aware of?"

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Where's Giovanni? I mean, he's usually never on time, but I would think he would be here for this meeting... Bristol had met Giovanni eight years ago. A cloaked man would often come to the Saffron Gym and quickly disappear into the back. He didn't realize it was Giovanni at the time. Bristol also didn't understand why he came to them back then, but now that he was older, he understood. The Saffron Gym had a special connection to Team Rocket. Sabrina was a reserved member of the team. She used to be one of the top executives, but in recent years she had begun to focus on running her Gym once again. Using his position, he read up on what his once-mentor had done in her time as a member. Kidnapping the legendary birds, attacking civilians, and fighting with Lance, the crazed one. He always wondered where she would disappear, but now he would see it was Team Rocket that called upon her services.

Then, the door at the back opened and a man who wasn't Giovanni appeared.

Doctor Romano... Bristol did his best to not sneer. This man had often come to Bristol for his services. Tracking others using his telepathy skills, being present for experiments on potential psychics, interrogation, the works. Bristol's distastes for the man knew no bounds. Bristol had no problems with using people like pawns, but to use one of the Gems as a simple tool annoyed the young boy. As the man spoke in grating accent, Bristol's disappointment was only compounded. Giovanni wasn't coming this morning. The Beryl hadn't seen his master in several months and seeing him was his main motivation for coming this morning.

"You'll be leaving here via the underground transport to Saffron City by then which you will transfer to the Magnet Train to Goldenrod..." Bristol's interest dropped again when it was mentioned they would be going to his hometown to take the Magnet Train. He hadn't been to Saffron in two years.

When question time came, Bristol cleared his throat and asked, "Dr. Romano, I wonder if it would be possible for me to go ahead to Saffron earlier than the other's. As you know, that's my hometown and there is some.. business I'd like to attend to there. Mainly, with the gym and a friend of mine. He possesses something I need, but I have been unable to get in touch with him due to fulfilling my Team Rocket duties. So, I'd like permission to get this done while we're in town..."

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Parse rolled her eyes at Mika's intervention, not foolish enough to actually attempt counter-arguing, despite the obvious illogicality pressing in on her. Obviously, both of these gems were afflicted with a severe case of baby fever, making any argument appealing to common sense - such as the fact that a pokémon in computer storage was nothing but data incapable of feeling discomfort or need of any kind - moot. The Jade had seen fit to get in touch with his feminine side and start playing mommy for a clingy little Togepi and the Emerald was dead set on encouraging and protecting this obsession. The Amethyst, true to her reputation as a sober pragmatic, simply made a note of the matter and filed it away.

Soon thereafter, further opportunities for outbursts were effectively denied as the last chair was finally occupied, if not by the host originally expected. Truth to be told, Parse was entertained by this change, not that she showed it. Of all the rocket higher-ups who had put the bulk of their opinion against her appointment, Kain Soliony Ivanhov was by far the most influential and persistent, doggedly digging through her records in search of even the smallest scraps of evidence to tie her to the G-men, a habit which persisted even after she had been officially acknowledged as one of the gems. He was the reason internal investigation always seemed to have a man keeping watch over her, and why every report of the Amethyst's accomplishments was fine-combed and cross-referenced against a multitude of earlier reports. She took a bizarre kind of pleasure in his relentless suspicions of her, and even moreso in producing flawless, detailed, and exorbitantly long-winded reports to bother him with. It was their little game, and her only real form of work-related entertainment. His obvious distaste in announcing her position as second-in-command, not to mention the withering glare accompanying it, was nothing but another step in this intricate little dance of theirs, and so it hardly rattled her. To the contrary; his announcement was probably the first thing she actually approved of this morning. In more ways than one.

As such, Parse leant back calmly to digest the information in her mind. The goddess legend had been...well, not directly expected, but not really outside the bounds of possibility either. It was a very persistent legend in the region, among the most faithfully recounted ones in Azalea, and so she had naturally made some superifical research into it, only to conclude that - whatever the supposed 'power' of the seals was - it was not something accessible to people outside of a very specific bloodline to which she had no relation and upon which, therefore, she could not capitalize. Upon hearing some of the rumors circling around Emerald, however, she had revisited her old research, a decision that now proved worthwhile.

"I have a question as well, doctor." Parse announced, "Do you intend to let us know the full effects of releasing a seal beforehand or are you planning to let us find them out the hard way? I will be the first to admit that my research into this legend is not as thorough as yours, but from what I gather even the release of a single seal is a tremendous natural disturbance, and simple logic dictates that the center of such a disturbance would be liable to receive the harshest backlash. Two of the seals have also, by your own admission, already been released," she turned her gaze to meet Kain's, relishing her role as the devil's advocate in this to its fullest, "surely, this should have provided ample data for the science department to at least estimate the side-effects of any further seal releases?"

Last edited:

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    In all due respect, Seras couldn't care less about their mission or the supporting folk tale to go with it, but low and behold she was graced with something far more interesting. Her previous suspects of three had all taken the opportunity to question their briefing, albeit them all being rather standard fare and uninteresting. Still, now was as good a time than any to break down and analyse her fellow executives.

First and foremost, Beryl, the child wonder and ever calm prodigy of everything mental. In essence, Seras was everything but a shotacon but she couldn't help but find the boy intriguing, especially considering his position at such a ripe age. The only other who related age-wise was Opal but she seemed nothing more than a bothersome tag-a-long. Not much was known about his short past and since personnel files were strictly off limits, even to the gems bar a relative few, his lack of emotion and success contributed to his overall impression as an unapproachable enigma. That said, there was no doubt in his abilities, at least in conjunction with his promotion to executive. There was no doubt in her mind to let such a child proceed unnoticed.

Next was Garent, the one preceded by his reputation as an extremely talented and dangerous practitioner of illusions. His unceasing smile and ever pleasant facade irked her beyond forced courtesy. She would treat the male as nothing more than a wild pokemon who used their instinctive reflexes to protect itself from predators, much like a qwilfish inflating itself in the presence of a sharpedo. In correlation to such a notion, she would have to be constant in her attack whenever engaging the gem in conversation or activity otherwise. Untalented to say the least in feigning her own disposition, the only other way to get through to such a person was to give it to him straight, a method far more suiting for someone like herself.

The third and only other gem that aroused her attention was the already confronting and second eldest of the group, Amethyst. Via common misconception, the girl's reasoning for cooperating with an organisation like Team Rocket, derived solely from her aspirations of greed, an ideology Seras could relate to. Crude, imposing and incredibly overbearing as described by many of the company's lesser followers, so much so that tales of her fictional misdeeds filled their private quarters, the pokemon hunter found her unblemished track record and efficiency in accomplishing missions far more engaging. In terms of composure and ideals, there was no one more relative in comparison to herself.

Such individuals posed more of a threat than any potential alliance conceived. Yet, as depicted by their ensuing questioning, they seemed far more...normal than first perceived. Still, with two hours left for prep, she was becoming slightly agitated at the drawn out conference before deciding to take the initiative in an out of character lapse.

"The natural order will simply remain disturbed..." the hunter spoke, her voice firm yet void of any enthusiasm as she remained seated with her eyes closed and limbs crossed, "Until each and every seal is released. The environmental distortion will cease once we accomplish our task. Nothing more, nothing less."

Years
    [ooc: Sorry I haven't posted in a while. More on that later.]

Rhinestone watched everyone come in. Why in the world am I here? he wondered. This meeting is probably going to be so pointless. Most of them were, at least for him. He always stayed at the base. Most of his work could be done via a simple connection to one of the other gems. It was very rare that he himself had to do anything except show how to install a program or run a virus. It was a slight surprise when Kain arrived a few minutes later, entering with his usual air of pride. He spouted some nonsense about the fairy tale that everyone knew, and Rhinestone couldn't believe Kain, Kain, was buying into the stuff. Who actually believed in an ancient tree that was protected by powerful guardians? No doubt the seals were there, and the creatures, but that didn't mean anything. The seals could be anything. It could all be a distraction from a greater truth that would be revealed in time.

But it was Rhinestone's job to follow orders. So he got every detail, and waited for the wonderful doctor to answer the questions of the inquisitive gems. It was going to be a long day. Why do I have to go to Saffron? It's so dreary there. Sure there are smart people, and psychics, but other then that, nothing. Maybe I will talk to the creator of the Tram system and find out about the software involved. I bet it's nothing special though. Neru began to wonder what he should do to make himself useful. The Rocket execs would have already catered to most of the team's needs, such as tickets for the train and food. Well, whatever. I will do what they tell me. Something always comes up. Always...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back