• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

From Which Date?

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
    how long have you been a fan?

Title says it all, my dear friends (:

For me, it was age 4, during one of the first years in America. Sort of a good mistake, really, one of my sisters left the TV on and left, then when a new show started my mom asked me to go turn it off, and guess what was on! Like any four year old who saw odd creatures and heard an awesome theme song, I sat my butt down and watched! Good times..... I'm babbling now, lol.

Years
    Ooh, boy. I got into it fairly quickly, within the first year, so since 1998. I remember I got the game sometime in August, because I was still starting out on my first day of first grade. I remember missing my Charmander on the first day ^^; I also didn't know how to save yet, so I ended up losing that Charmander anyway.

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I got into it at the age of 2-3

I blame the pokemon anime and this obsession I had over the show XD

MisterBat

YEY
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    My cousin gave me Pokemon Green after taking a trip to Japan. Coincidentally it was shortly after Pokemon came out for the very first time. Despite not understanding it, I instantly fell in love with the game. You could only imagine how excited I was when Pokemon came out in America!

So... whenever Pokemon started up pretty much.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    It was when it first came out. The kids in my neighborhood that I walked home with were playing it. Then I got home and the TV show was on. I still remember because it came on at 2:30 on Fox Kids, lol.

CrazyCarretta

It works!
    Years
    I think it was either when I watched the show at 5 am or when I saw the commercial where they sucked them up in the vacuum saying "gotta catch em all" I can't remember what year that was though

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Merged the "How long have you been a fan?" with an older thread asking more or less the same question.

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    Oh Holy Father I don't remember, but it was in the seventh grade so around 2000/2001. I thought it was the stupidest thing ever created. My best friend's mom used to run a boy's daycare and they would watch it there. So my best friend would tell me about an episode or two, I remember her talking about the 'Pikachu's Goodbye' specifically. We would also see other students with their cards at lunch time. We would always say amongst ourselves how stupid it was, and just made fun of it, it was awesome. hehe.

But then one day after school, I was flipping through the television channels and happened to notice it was on, so something made me check it out just to see how stupid it was for myself because I had never actually seen it. It was the Sabrina episode I remember, and I actually found it interesting and was addicted after that, to the show and then when my best friend showed me her yellow I begged my mom to get it for me as well and became hooked on the games as well.

Today I am a reformed Pokeholic, I still play the games sometimes but I don't watch anymore, I haven't since Hoenn, I couldn't stand it. :P

The Red Chain

I discovered Pokemon in the first generation at a very young age.
    But at this moment I can't recall what age. ]:

I was watching TV at my babysitter's house when a commercial came on for Dairy Queen, announcing their new Pokemon kid's meal toys.
    I took a liking to how they looked.. specifically the Dratini toy.
    That was the first thing Pokemon related that grabbed my attention.

The next thing is when my mother took me to the video store to rent some movies.
    They had the very first Pokemon tape up for rent, and I recognized the name from the commercial.
    So I rented that and watched it.. loved it to no end.
    From that day on I continued renting the tapes, and eventually bought the Blue and Yellow games. ^.^

Back