• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

fufufu, THE BUTTERFREE VIRUS!

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    fufufufu, when you see a butterfly pass by you, do you yell BUTTERFREE?

I did that earlier today and I cracked up so hard xDDD

I call it the butterfree virus, do you have it? (a cure has not been invented yet lol)

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Yes I do! I swear that little butterfly dude is so awesome its not even funny

MisterBat

YEY
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    No, but once I went to say, "Hey! Look at that pidgeon!"

And instead said, "Hey! Look at that Pidgey!"

My brother was laughing at me for hours.

Ayselipera

Hahaha no I haven't, but I'll keep that in mind. :)

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Naw, but I do have trouble remembering that real life bats aren't poisonous xD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I've called a pigeon Pidgey without thinking many times. When I say "meow" I end up saying "Meowth". You know it's really bad when you're have spaghetti for dinner and you call it Tangela with tomatoes.

The Red Chain

I always say Furret instead of ferret.. it's a mistake I make all the time.
    My family and/or friends end up having to correct me every time. XD
    Pokemon is a brain washing franchise it is. :x

Last edited:

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Once in school I said: OMG look at that caterpie (when I really meant to say caterpillar... but I guess thats excusable in elementary)... everybody cracked up

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    The one I just cannot shake is calling pterodactyls, Aerodactyls. I almost wrote Aerodactyl right then. XD

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    No, but I keep calling an Elephant a Snuffeluffagus. :(

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2010
    I have always confused animals with pokemon but I never said it out loud

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    The one I just cannot shake is calling pterodactyls, Aerodactyls. I almost wrote Aerodactyl right then. XD

Happened to me at school once. Teacher asked something about the pterodactyl, I happened to have played pokemon that day, and I answered Areodactyl. And I still get pterodactyl confused with areodactyl to this day

Years
    The german word for Butterfree, Smettbo, isn't too similar too the word for Butterfly, Schmetterling (even though it's obviously derived from that), but the Pidgey problem isn't much better than in English, Taube (pidgeon) and Taubsi (Pidgey) are easily mixed up. I And i'm pretty sure i've already called a crab Krabby, it just happens lol

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    During the Spring and early Summer there are usually an abundant amount of butterflies around our yard. This year specifically, I did happen to find myself either calling a butterfly Butterfree or Beautfily. I actually realized I based this off of the color of their wings. When it had bright yellow or white wings, I thought it as Butterfree. When it had orange and black, or just dark wings overall I would find myself calling it a Beautifly.

A pretty weird virus by the way, but I guess it's contagious in its own way. Actually, this "virus" as you call it has bypassed just butterflies. When I see a pigeon, I would consider it a Pidgey and when I see a moth I consider it as a Venomoth. The list could go on, but I'll stop here.

Back