• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Fusion Evolution

Years
  • So, I'm tinkering with the idea of certain pokemon actually fusing together to evolve, like how the pokedex states that slowpoke evolves when a shellder bites it's tail or head. The way I'm trying to do it is by way of the HasInParty coding, but I keep stumbling at removing the needed pokemon (i.e. shellder for slowpoke to become slowking). I just can't put my finger on what the right code is.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    this worked for me in a previous version:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=293843

maybe it could be simpler by using only one custom evo method depending on the form:
    Code:
        # Add code for custom evolution type 4
      when PBEvolution::Custom5
        return poke if pokemon.form>=level
      end
      return -1
    end[CODE]

and change the pokemon PBS to: SLOWBRO,Custom5,1,SLOWKING,Custom5,2

and then don't change the newpkmn.markings and newpkmn.smart but rather the form to 1 or 2, depending on whether it has a kings rock or is above lvl 37...

if you try the new version let me know if it works, because i haven't tested it myself yet being busy with my fakemon...

Years
  • this worked for me in a previous version:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=293843

maybe it could be simpler by using only one custom evo method depending on the form:
    Code:
        # Add code for custom evolution type 4
      when PBEvolution::Custom5
        return poke if pokemon.form>=level
      end
      return -1
    end[CODE]

and change the pokemon PBS to: SLOWBRO,Custom5,1,SLOWKING,Custom5,2

and then don't change the newpkmn.markings and newpkmn.smart but rather the form to 1 or 2, depending on whether it has a kings rock or is above lvl 37...

if you try the new version let me know if it works, because i haven't tested it myself yet being busy with my fakemon...[/QUOTE]

Alrighty, I'll give it a shot, and send ya a message if it works!

Back