• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future FR team.

Jim

Dinner
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Rate my FR Team!

Ok, this is my first time i've attempted one of these so be as hard on me as possible, it's the only way i'll learn. So here we go!

Tauros @ Choice Band
    Nature: Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SA)
    Trait: Intimidate: Cuts opponents Attack.
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd.
    Moves: Bodyslam, Earthquake, HP Ghost, Iron Tail

Lapras @ Leftovers
    Nature: Calm (+SD -Atk)
    Trait: Water Absorb: Turns water moves into HP
    EVs: 124HP, 96 Def, 232 SA, 56 SD
    Moves: Sing, Surf, Ice Beam, Thunder Bolt

Nidoqueen @ Choice Band
    Nature: Brave (+Atk, -Spd)
    Trait: Poison Point: May Poison Foe on contact.
    EVs: 54HP, 252 Atk, 80 Def, 56 SA, 56 SD
    Moves: Earthquake, Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball, Fire Blast

Pidgeot @ Choice Band
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SA)
    Trait: Keen Eye: Prevents loss of Accuracy.
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    Moves: Steel Wing, Ariel Ace, HP Fighting, Return

Charizard @ Salac Berry
    Nature: Hasty (+Spd, - Def)
    Trait: Blaze: You know...
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4SA
    Moves: Flamethrower, HP Grass, Dragon Claw, Overheat

Exeggutor @ Leftovers
    Nature: Modest (+SA -Atk)
    Trait: Chlorophyll: Speed Doubles with Sunny Day
    EVs: 20 HP, 28 Def, 212 Spd, 216 SA, 32 SD
    Moves: Sunny Day, HP Fire, Solarbeam, Psychic

Ok, so be as hard as you can and thanls for the help.

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Ok, this is my first time i've attempted one of these so be as hard on me as possible, it's the only way i'll learn. So here we go!

Tauros @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    Trait: Intimidate: Cuts opponents Attack.
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd.
    Moves:
    - Body Slam / Return
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic
    - Iron Tail

Tauros might as well be a Dark or Fire-type because it suffers from Don't-have-enough-physical-moves-to-be-effective-ingame-itis. Looking at your team, either you don't understand how unbearably difficult it is to get a proper Hidden Power type and power, or you plan on cheating. It is pretty much impossible to get the right HP on ONE Poke, let alone most of your team, without wasting half your life through breeding. Tauros doesn't have to out-speed anything, so go with Adamant for extra power.

Lapras @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    Trait: Water Absorb: Turns water moves into HP
    EVs: 188 HP / 160 SAtk / 160 SDef
    - Sing / Rest
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder Bolt

Go with Modest and put those Def EVs into HP and SDef. Rest is more consistent than Sing, although not as cool. Chesto Berry will make the first Rest free.

Nidoqueen @ Choice Band
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    Trait: Poison Point: May Poison Foe on contact.
    EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spd
    - Earthquake
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Shadow Ball
    - Superpower

CBqueen needs more speed, both in nature and in EVs. Superpower would be a great option in that fourth slot. Nidoking outclasses the queen, but it is your team.

Pidgeot @ Choice Band
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SA)
    Trait: Keen Eye: Prevents loss of Accuracy.
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    - Steel Wing
    - Aerial Ace
    - Quick Attack

- Return

Again, unless your cheating you won't be seeing that HP [Fighting] pretty much ever. Go with Quick Attack instead. It is a STAB first strike move. Dodrio is MUCH better than Pidgeot.

Charizard @ Salac Berry / Liechi Berry
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

Trait: Blaze: You know...
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4SA
    - Aerial Ace
    - Belly Drum / Swords Dance / Substitute
    - Rock Slide / Earthquake
    - Flamethrower

You look a bit confused at this one. It is like you started out with a Belly Drum set (Salac and max Atk) and then changed to a bad special set (two Fire attacks). The second slot is your preference. Surviving an attack after Belly Drumming should activate Salac, and with a now maxed Atk, Charizard destroys Pokes. If you cannot handle Belly Drum, Swords Dance will increase Atk by 2 levels. While that isn't as good as six, it will help it live through the opponent's attack (usually). The last option is Sub. Sub a few times to activate the berry and get the boost. I would use Liechi over Salac in that instance. Personally, I wouldn't use a Fire-type at all, but with the way your team is constructed, it will have to do.

Exeggutor @ Leftovers
    Nature: Modest (+SA -Atk)
    Trait: Chlorophyll: Speed Doubles with Sunny Day
    EVs: 44 HP / 212 Spd / 252 SAtk
    - Sunny Day
    - Sleep Powder / Explosion
    - Solarbeam
    - Psychic

Max SAtk EVs please. Without HP [Fire], unless you are cheating, I would suggest either Sleep Powder or Explosion. Sleep Powder puts your counters to sleep while Explosion removes them.

Ok, so be as hard as you can and thanls for the help.
    Much better than a lot of first time posts I have seen. Your team is pretty frail though, especially if you lose Lapras.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Hmm... Thanks and i'm not cheating, just breeding a million and two Pidgeys/Exeggutes/Tauros with differant parents; O_o. Thanks for the advice, could you suggest anything to make it less frail like a totally differant Pokemon (Like the Dodrio suggestion) or something, baring in mind i'm only using Kanto Pokemon. If you have to completley dismantle the team then don't bother because it's probably take a while. Thanks.

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Nidoqueen would've been fine With Ice Beam/Thunderbolt over Sludge Bomb and Leftovers. Your comment on Nidoking > Nidoqueen saddened me, shane. :(

You might want to replace Queen with Golem or Rhydon though, for the normal/flying resistance. I'd trade Pidgeot out for Snorlax since Boltbeam can do a number to the team.

Back