• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future Touch DS!!!!!!

DarkSaturn

Poke Breeder
    Years
    Hey I was searching the web for something with pokemon when I stumbled upon the new development for the next DS, Touch DS that is. It's in Japanese, so if anyone can decode it that would be great for everyone. https://touch-ds.jp/dsi/360_bo.html Right off you will notice that it has a built-in CAMERA! YES a camera of all things to add to a portable gaming system! That link has a 360° view, where you will find certain features rearranged. Such as the Power button, is on the inside when you open the DS. The indicator lights have been moved to the left, and there is a new indicator which use is unknown to me. I am only guessing, but it looks to me like there might be an expansion slot for an SD memory card (or some type of storage) where the Power switch is currently located on the DS Lite. The stylus is still in the same spot. The Volume Control has been moved to the left side instead of the front.

Going deeper, should you choose to venture around on the site, you will find the addition the option to shop online (Nintendo.com I'm sure, just like on the Wii), an icon for listening to music (Nintendo goes MP3?), and chat & wireless capabilities of course. Sounds great doesn't it?!?! Guess when it will be out? March of 2010!!! I know Happy New Year right? There are other features, but I think I have provided more than enough info do you think?

Oh yes there is more, the screen goes from 3.0inches to 3.25inches, and the speakers have been changed, but I don't know how to explain it. Besides from six holes on each side of the screen to one oval shaped speaker. Oh and the built-in microphone is either the same, or it is another camera I am looking at, not too sure.

Well really now that I all I know, of my findings. Please make sure to spread the word around, and if I'm late about this, don't mind telling me.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Yeah you're kinda late ;)

But don't worry about it, not everyone's heard of the DSi, in fact outside of PC i know very little people who have.

Years
    Info came out about this 2 Months ago.
    I don't think I'm gonna get it though. I personally think it's too much. That camera is only .3 Megapixels, which is pretty low for a camera (Even my cell phone has a 1.3 Megapixel camera). Besides, I love my orginal DS =]

DarkSaturn

Poke Breeder
    Years
    Don't get me wrong I love my DS Lite too, but I love the new features. Yes the megapixels suck, but the other features seem pretty kool. And two months is a little late, I was thinking it was almost 8months or something.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    It's more like 3 months late. It was announced in the beginning of November.

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Oops. I'm not sure why I wrote June in my previous post. Corrected to say November. o_o;

Back