• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

G/S/C Netbattle Team

Kataphraktoi

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    Take with a grain of salt; fixes in bold

Armaldo Trainer said:
    Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
    - Amnesia Thunder Wave
    - Icy Wind Fire Blast/Ice Beam/Rest/Dynamicpunch
    - Psychic
    - Surf

Anything but icy wind, please...

Electabuzz (M) @ Leftovers
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Psychic Cross Chop
    - Thunderbolt

Arcanine (M) @ Leftovers
    - Body Slam
    - Extremespeed
    - Flamethrower
    - Hidden Power [Electric]

I would rather use HP Grass. Also, both bodyslam+extremespeed?

Golem (M) @ Berry Juice
    - Earthquake
    - Return Curse
    - Rock Slide
    - Sandstorm Explosion

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
    - Ancientpower
    - Earthquake
    - Horn Attack Roar
    - Rapid Spin

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
    - Dynamicpunch I prefer HP fighting, its more reliable
    - Flamethrower thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Wing Attack

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Oh, awesome, it's GSC! But this team needs a lot of work before its ready to face other GSC players.

Armaldo Trainer said:
    Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
    - Amnesia
    - Thunder Wave

- Psychic
    - Surf

Slowbro is so much better than Slowking. Please replace it. Slowbro has much better Defense and that's what matters. Slowking has higher Special Defense, but that's pointless because Slowking will still die to the same number of Electric Attacks that Slowbro does.
    Anyways, there's no point in using Icy Wind when you can permenantly lower your opponent's speed with Thunder Wave. Amnesia also blows. It's not RBY anymore so you might as well give it a more useful move like

- Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Cross Chop
    - Thunderbolt

Psychic is useless sicne Fighting and Poison types will take about the same damage from a STABed Thunderbolt as from Psychic. Cross Chop is better for Blissey and Snorlax, who would otherwise wall your Electabuzz and it can't do anything against them.

Arcanine (M) @ Leftovers
    - Curse
    - Extremespeed
    - Flamethrower
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]

Not much point in HP Electric. Water Pokemon like Starmie and Suicune can easily survive a couple of those hits and heal the damage with Recover or Rest. Replace with HP Fighting, otherwise you're helpless against things like Tyranitar and Rhydon. If you're going to use Extremespeed, at least use Curse in conjunction. Watch for Extremespeed's only 5 PP.

Golem (M) @ Leftovers
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Rock Slide
    - Curse

What? Why Berry Juice?!? Get rid of it for Leftovers. Return stinks on Golem since it gets no STAB from it. Rock Slide and Earthquake will always be stronger than Return. Replace with Explosion to go out with a bang. Sandstorm also sucks. You're basically hurting the rest of your team and its not like the opponent won't switch in a Skarmory to resist your Sandstorm or a Ground type to kill you off. Replace with Curse.

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
    - Hidden Power Rock/Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Roar
    - Rapid Spin

Why Horn Attack? What can that weak move do that Earthquake and Ancientpower can't do better? Get rid of it for Roar please. Oh, and speaking of Ancientpower - replace it. Hidden Power Rock and Rock Slide are better. You'll hardly ever get that boost and even if you do, Water and Ice attacks will still kill you just the same.

- Hidden Power Fighting
    - Thunderbolt
    - Surf

- Wing Attack

Good luck getting Dynamicpunch to hit. Go with Hidden Power Fighting. Thunderbolt for Water types, considering most of them have Ice attacks to hit you with. Finally, Surf for Ground/Rock types.

Guess what? You have a 3x Water weakness! Uh oh!
    Get red of your Arcanine for a Snorlax since Arcanine isn't helping your team out at all. Besides, you need Snorlax's Sp. Defense to defend yourself from special sweepers.

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    I thought Draggy in GSC was good with Curse + Extremesspeed.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2006
    WTF is with Thunder Wave on Slowking? IT CAN'T LEARN IT. Oh, and ever notice how much I like Arcanine? Don't suggest I ditch it.

EDIT: Whatever, new team:

Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
    - Curse
    - Icy Wind
    - Psychic
    - Surf

- Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Cross Chop
    - Thunderbolt

Arcanine (M) @ Leftovers
    - Curse
    - Extremespeed
    - Flamethrower

Golem (M) @ Berry Juice
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Rock Slide
    - Curse

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
    - Ancientpower
    - Earthquake
    - Roar
    - Rapid Spin

- Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Wing Attack

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Wrong, a Slowpoke from R/B/Y can learn Thunder Wave and then be traded to G/S/C. Since this is Netbattle, you can easily set the battle version to GSC with trades if you haven't done so. Oh, but noticed that I changed Slowking to SlowBRO. Also, what is Curse doing on a Pokemon with no physical moves? =\

I realize that Arcanine is you favorite Pokemon, but that's irrelevant. Sometimes, having your favorite Pokemon on a team actually makes it worse than if you had a Pokemon that can provide a more helpful role (like Snorlax's special walling). But since you're so insistent, I guess you can replace Golem for Snorlax.

Kataphraktoi

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    I didnt even notice it was a slowKING. I didnt know that poke was used even(i just saw the 'slow' and thought 'slowbro')

Why are you using icy wind? Its power is very low. The speed cut is not enough to slow them down below you, in all likelyhood. (IIRC slowking\bro is dang slow)
    You also need a physical move when using curse, unless that is just for defensive purposes(?)

BTW your team still has overall gaps and weaknesses. A nice article on what you must counter in GSC is here on smogon.

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Armaldo Trainer said:
    WTF is with Thunder Wave on Slowking? IT CAN'T LEARN IT. Oh, and ever notice how much I like Arcanine? Don't suggest I ditch it.

EDIT: Whatever, new team:

Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
    - Curse
    - Icy Wind
    - Psychic
    - Surf

If you read aragorn's post again, you will see that he suggested dumping Slowking for Slowbro that CAN learn Thunder Wave, which is MUCH better than Icy Wind. Not to mention Curse on a Poke with no physical moves.

- Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Cross Chop
    - Thunderbolt

Arcanine (M) @ Leftovers
    - Curse
    - Extremespeed
    - Flamethrower

If you insist on running Arcanine, then you need to overhaul the rest of your team.

Golem (M) @ Berry Juice
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Rock Slide
    - Curse

Not sure what the thinking is behind Berry Juice, but Golem needs Leftovers, especially if you are going to Curse. Leftovers >>>> Berry Juice

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
    - Ancientpower
    - Earthquake
    - Roar
    - Rapid Spin

- Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Wing Attack
    twenty---------------five

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2006
    I'M. USING. TRUE. G/S/C. And yes, Curse is used for defensive purposes. New Team:
    Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
    - Curse
    - Icy Wind
    - Psychic
    - Surf

- Cross Chop
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderbolt

Arcanine (M) @ Leftovers
    - Curse
    - Extremespeed
    - Flamethrower

Weezing (M) @ Leftovers
    - Explosion
    - Haze
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Toxic

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
    - Ancientpower
    - Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin
    - Roar

- Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Wing Attack

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    First off, don't allow immaturity to invade this thread. I know it is Slowbro, which I suggested over Slowking in my original post, for the same reasons that aragorn suggested Slowbro earlier.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

lol, fudgecicle. Don't call people names especially when they're trying to help you, Armaldo Trainer.

Like we've been telling you, USE SLOWBRO.

You don't need Weezing since you already have Donphan as your physical wall and phazer. Besides, Weezing isn't as great as it will be in R/S since it's still weak against Ground attacks. Replace with Snorlax please (that's the third time I've had to say that).

Kataphraktoi

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    BTW, everyone plays GSC(trades), if your planning on using that team on netbattle.

Back