• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    I don't know why you taught Surf to an HM slave; you should've just added a Water-type to your main team and taught it Surf. It's a perfectly acceptable move to use in battle.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Sep 20, 2008
    Avenger
    Silver
    Cyndaquil/Magikarp

Got cyndaquil from elm
    Beat Gym 1
    Cyndaquil evolved to quilava
    Got old rod
    Got Magikarp
    Trained Magikarp to level 17
    Beat 2nd Gym
    Beat Rival
    Beat Pokefan and Got Gyarados
    Beat 3rd Gym
    Leveled up pokemon some
    Beat the 4th Gym
    Quilava evolved into Typhlosion

What an exciting 1st day lol!!!
    Beat the 5th Gym

wus6r

pokemon expert
    Years
    can i use cyndiquil and teduirsa because at the cave (wich you will go through later on in the game) before you enter violet city city teduirsa is rare and at lvs 2 and 3

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    I don't know why you taught Surf to an HM slave; you should've just added a Water-type to your main team and taught it Surf. It's a perfectly acceptable move to use in battle.

But we're only allowed 2 pokemon in our main team (hence Poke-DUO duo meaning 2) and those two were chosen before the challenge started...

anyway found out n a guide how to move Snorlax, expect an update later today...

EDIT:
    Finished defeating all the Gym Leaders Blue's Arcanine was annoying becasue his Alakazam used reflect thus dulling Slasher's Earthquake, now training for the final battle will add pics when I feel like it...

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I have officially beaten the challenge!! Yay!!

After beating Blaine and Blue, I trained my pokes for a little bit, then challeneged Red. with the help of my 4 slaves (who served as stalls),10 Hyper Potions, and 2 Max Revives, I beat Red. Thanks to BreakingBen for making this challenge.

Farewell, folks, hope to see you at the next challenge!

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    using slaves as decoys makes things too easy IMO, so anyway I tried but failed miserably to beat red, I really need to train more.

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
    Years
    Trainer Name: Nickz
    Version: Crystal (GBC)
    Pokemon: Cyndaquil/Pidgey

-Chose Cyndaquil as starter
    -Went to Mr. Pokemon's house
    -Battled ???; and won
    -Named him as Ian
    -Leveled up Cyndaquil to level 10 then saved

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Haha. My last update was back on page two.

Trainer Name: Jax
    Version: Silver
    Pokemon: Cyndaquil/Sentret

So, uh, I beat the game. To give you a short run-down, allow me just to skip to Red.

What about the others? Well, if you'd like the long story, I think I stopped updating at around Jasmine and her WTFSteelix, right? Well, I put the game down. A lot. Because I remembered why I hated the day/night system. As in, blind ol' me couldn't flipping see at night. Unfortunately, guess when the only time I got to play was.

That and The World Ends With You demanded my attention. Because Neku is hot.

Anyway, Red. Jerk to beat. May have something to do with the fact that I got impatient and challenged him... ten levels under his average. Oops.

I rearranged my team since. Namely, got rid of Dig because I remembered why I thought it sucked and shuffled HMs between Masaki and Mayumi.

So, Pikachu was the first to go down. Quite easily, too. From one Earthquake by Mayumi. Good fire... shrew... thing.

Espeon was a bit more of a ***** because it took two Shadow Balls from Masaki to take down. It Psychiced Masaki, the poor little ferret who really has no physical strength, despite being a Furret. I guess this is what I get for naming any Pokemon Masaki and attempt to rely on its physical stats.

Snorlax nearly killed me. It took a couple of Revives to keep the duo alive, during which Mayumi Flamethrowered the crap out of Snorlax. Masaki, blessed with awesome Speed, finished him off with a Headbutt.

Cue cannon fodder. Masaki stood up to Venusaur's Solarbeam while I used a Hyper Potion on Mayumi to keep her alive. I switched in for Mayumi and Flamethrowered the crap out of Venusaur while it was trying to get energy for yet another Solarbeam. (Poor, stupid frog.)

And so, the reversal goes for Mayumi. One Thunderpunch on Blastoise, and I knew I was dead meat. Letting her die via a Rain Danced Surf, I had Masaki finish off Blastoise with Headbutts.

But then he died to Charizard's Flamethrower while I was healing up Mayumi. She avenged her mate with a well-placed Thunderpunch. Masaki's previous Ice Punch kinda helped.

So, with one Pokemon left standing (after a fifteen-minute dance), the ending theme cued.

Final Time: 16:24
    Hall of Fame:
    - Masaki, lvl 52
    - Mayumi, lvl 53

Team

Mayumi (Typhlosion) L: 68
    - Swift
    - Thunderpunch
    - Earthquake
    - Flamethrower

Masaki (Furret) L: 67
    - Ice Punch
    - Shadow Ball
    - Rest
    - Headbutt

HM Slaves

Paras: Cut, Flash
    Raticate: Strength
    Staryu: Waterfall, Surf, Whirlpool
    Spearow: Fly

And now, if you'll excuse me, Masaki and Mayumi are headed off to mate in the Day Care while the fangirl in me giggles insanely.

I really don't know if anyone would like an explanation. I'm assuming no here.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    name:max
    game:gold
    pokes:
    cyndaquil
    sandshrew

day 22: 41 typlosion
    41 sansdlash 7 badges

day three: finished the game
    pokes sandslash 63 and typlosion 63
    time 23:18