• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] G3HS FireRed "Error loading Sprite Data" help

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2016
    Hello all, I've seen this question asked multiple times but never answered on this forum. I've been replacing all of the pokemon sprites in Fire Red and after I edited a couple pokemon and went back to look at them in the editor, a message box popped up, saying "Images failed to decompress. Aborting sprite load. The image that was attempted to be loaded had pointer: f8457408 for Front Sprite." I remember finding a post somewhere explaining how to fix this, and I was able to successfully fix the problem. It involved using a hex editor to change the sprite pointers or something. I have the same problem again with this sprite, but I forgot how I fixed it before. And to make matters worse, I can't find the post that explained how to fix the issue. I don't even know if it was on this forum. Does anyone have a way to fix this, or know of the post I'm talking about? I can't keep working on my project until I get this fixed...

EDIT: I fixed the issue myself. I just needed to repoint the bad sprite in a hex editor to another pokemon's working sprite, then replace the sprite again in G3HS.

Last edited:
    Back