• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] G3T error

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
  • Hello

I have a question regarding Gen 3 Tools. I've been overhauling a lot of movesets for my hack. Naturally, I need to repoint the data elsewhere to make room for the new moves. So, everytime I expand a Pokemon's moves, I look at the bytes needed to be repointed and I find them with Free Space Finde.r However, all of a sudden, when expanding the movepool tables for certain Pokemon, it'll add the expanded moves to a different Pokemon, but then it'll remove all of the moves from another?

An example was when I expanded Silcoon's movepool. When I did that, all of Marill's moves got deleted, which I had also expanded it's movepool and repointed it to free space using the data from Free Space Finder.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Kind regards,
    Peter

Ling888

appleman
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2023
    I might recommend using PGE (Pokemon Game Editor), as it does all the repointing for you and I haven't had any problems with that aspect so far. Essentially it just asks you how many level-up attacks you want, searches for an offset with enough free space and spits it out for you to copy-paste back in. No need to use FSF. Have done all my movesets in my hack with it and no trouble so far, so I'd recommend it.

Back