• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speculation Galar Region Anime Discussion

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    the fact that you're calling it a reject is all the more reason why he should get it after all he does normally get the pokemon who are rejected by others!!

(i kid. mostly. discussing which pokemon ash gets is all based on opinion at this point especially bc we don't know the evolution or any other information yet).

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    In terms of starters, I think that Ash will get Scorbunny and Sobble while the girl gets Grookey.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    If Grookey ends up with something to do with Music thatd be... interesting to see it as one of Ash's pokemon to say the least. I wonder if they'll break the trend again i think its gonna depend on the companions.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • A real break from tradition would be to have Ash not have a starter at all. We have no idea what the cast will be but since they went from 4 in XY to 6 in SuMo, my thinking is they drop back down to 4 in Galar but the other three protagonists will each have one of the starters. Plus like [user]RileyXY1[/user] pointed out, Ash has had the Grass starter for 6 of 7 regions(Kalos being the lone exception). That all but points to a companion getting it and a Female one at that since Chespin went to Clemont.

As for the other types, Fire was 5 of 7(both times to Female companion) and Water is now 4 of 7(twice to Female, other to Brock). Meaning of all the types, Ash is due for another Water starter if he happens to get one in Galar(would make sense too if Kalos happens to be nearby as it was the last region he had one).

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I mean. I guess it depends on whether or not they have another Max/Bonnie. But regardless I don't think they would go without giving Ash at least one starter to really showcase.

Taste of Tea

Hoenn confirmed
    Years
  • I don't get the "none of the new Starters fit Ash" argument, because it's completely subjective and I swear I've heard the same reasoning used in previous sagas whenever fans dislike new Starters. That said, as long as Ash doesn't get the Manaphy & Froakie fusion-looking reject, I don't care what happens.

I don't like Sobble either and if someone gets it I hope it's the rival.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Neither can I honestly. Unless they end up with the same storyline as like... Chimchar or something but that storyline tends to be left for the fire starter hahah.

Would be an interesting change of pace if they did do that though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    There has never been a case where a starter wasn't owned by a main cast member in the series.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    That too. Kinda goes back to Chimchar's storyline where it started off as Pauls but ended up as Ashs Pokemon. Otherwise we've seen rivals with starters but a companion or Ash himself also had that same starter or an evolution of it (squirtle, snivy, rowlet... piplup too). That way they could showcase the evolutions somehow but not evolve the Pokemon owned by the companion.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2019
    Hopes for the Sword and Shield anime!

-I want them to keep the more simple "style" from Sun and Moon (It allows for more fluid any easy animation) but change the faces back to how they were before Sun and Moon.
    -I want Ash to actually have character traits. For most of the series, he's just been a bland, kinda dumb person who is amazed by everything. It would be so refreshing to have him be a good character.
    -I don't want the episodes to have the same Team Rocket formula over and over again. Is it really that hard to get a little creative?
    -I want it to return to going on an adventure, not just school. Sun and Moon didn't feel like the Pokemon Anime solely for the school stuff. It feels better to be going on an actual adventure.

And that's it! Post your hopes in the comments! (No shipping hopes though)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    -I want them to keep the more simple "style" from Sun and Moon (It allows for more fluid any easy animation) but change the faces back to how they were before Sun and Moon.
    -I want Ash to actually have character traits. For most of the series, he's just been a bland, kinda dumb person who is amazed by everything. It would be so refreshing to have him be a good character.
    -I don't want the episodes to have the same Team Rocket formula over and over again. Is it really that hard to get a little creative?
    -I want it to return to going on an adventure, not just school. Sun and Moon didn't feel like the Pokemon Anime solely for the school stuff. It feels better to be going on an actual adventure.

And that's it! Post your hopes in the comments! (No shipping hopes though)

Hey there! I went ahead and merged your post with the other thread that we have for Galar anime speculations so feel free to continue speculating here! :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    I think that due to the fact that gyms are returning in the games the anime will go back to the typical traveling formula.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I disagree that Ash is bland, but the opinions on Ash is so, so vast, that it's not something that I want to get into deep discussion here haha. Anyone has their own opinions on Ash's character so I'll leave it at that. :b

But I do agree that we'll be going back to the traveling formula. And if we go back to the formula of the female companion having something that want to accomplish it'll bounce between that and gyms. If not and neither the female or the male companion (which would be an interesting change of pace) have one, then we might see something like what Best Wishes did again. It'll definitely depend on what Galar has to offer when it comes to the region itself.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    From what we've seen, the female protag only joins Ash as a companion if they have a significant role if the player chose the male protag in the games (this only applies to the original games, so Leaf, Kris, Lyra, Rosa, and Elaine don't count).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Hmm. You have a point there and one that I didn't realize until now. May, Dawn, and Serena all played a role when you chose the male character. Since the other gender didn't have a significant role in BW or SM we got Iris and well ... the classmates (though SM doesn't really count because it's formula isn't the typical travel one. If they were traveling my bets would have been on Lillie being the one to travel with Ash).

So whether or not the other protag shows up in the game will give us insight to who the female companion might be, nice!

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    Hmm. You have a point there and one that I didn't realize until now. May, Dawn, and Serena all played a role when you chose the male character. Since the other gender didn't have a significant role in BW or SM we got Iris and well ... the classmates (though SM doesn't really count because it's formula isn't the typical travel one. If they were traveling my bets would have been on Lillie being the one to travel with Ash).

So whether or not the other protag shows up in the game will give us insight to who the female companion might be, nice!
    In XY, Calem/Serena's role in the games was revealed at the same time Tierno, Trevor, and Shauna were confirmed. I believe that it will be the same way in SS. If the opposite gender protagonist has any role in the game, they will most likely be announced with the rivals.

Back