• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[GALLERY]//Sparks Gallery

NerdSparks

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    I appreciate CnC, meaning please tell me what you truly think of what I've done. Tell me what you like, don't like, and how you think I could make it better. Anything labeled free to use, is free to use just let me know. And without delay:

----
    New Set
    FREE TO USE
    kill_shot_by_amaestrog-d3gg63l.png

FREE TO USE
    hero_for_hire_signature_by_amaestrog-d3hw0r6.png

FREE TO USE
    orange_robot_girl_by_amaestrog-d3gtdwz.png

FREE TO USE
    Iron Man
    FREE TO USE
    Kill Samurai

----
    Old Signatures
    Heatran
    Itachi
    Haseo
    Light Yagami
    Gun Guy
    Iron Man
    Black Rock Shooter
    Couple
    Revy
    Monster
    Bakuman

----
    New/Favorite Signatures

FREE TO USE
    Asuka1-1.png

FREE TO USE
    War.png

FREE TO USE
    Kidcudi.png

FREE TO USE
    HollowIchigo.png

FREE TO USE
    superman.png

FREE TO USE
    gunman.png

FREE TO USE
    Raiden.png

FREE TO USE
    atomman.png

----

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Good to see you opening up a new gallery, and good to see so much variation!

Anyways, Asuka1-1.png is my favourite of yours for a couple of reasons. It's got great depth, great stock placement, and the use of C4D is ridiculously good! If you've used topaz on this tag, you have done a smashing job and the only really good use of topaz I've ever seen. Very smooth, literally.

Anyways, I don't know exactly how your layout is working, but in that bottom section of actual images posted, they all need some sharpening in the focal, whereas the ones in "New Set" are perfectly sharpened. I don't know if maybe the other ones are older, or if it's just coincidence, but just watch your sharpening, it can really make or break a tag, and if the focal is a bit blurry, it can immediately make a tag feel low quality.

Another thing to watch out for is contrast and adding too much. It seems like you have a certain technique or method you are using a lot where you pump up the contrast. It's not a bad thing, but a lot of your tags, I would deem over contrasted and just feel a bit separated. Like, the colours can't blend together really well because they are such strong shades. Sometimes it works, but I'd advise mixing it up a bit and trying perhaps a more levelled piece, perhaps even the sort of washed out look.

Sorry that was kind of all general stuff, I felt that was more effective than speaking about one or two separately... Yeah, keep it up though, you've got heaps of potential and definitely have all the techniques and everything down, just need more experimenting and trying new things to branch out and make your pieces a bit more varied!

Back