• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gallery]War's FR Tiles.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Well, today I'm going to show some of my work.
    I bring you some FR styled tiles designed by me. When making this tiles y tried to copy FR technique as best as possible.

Hope you like them:

[Gallery]War's FR Tiles.

Palletes (most of them) are Fire Red's custom with little changes.
    They're of public use with credits (War).

PS: Please critique in order to help me to improve.

Majarath

ROM-hacker
    Years
  • Critique

Hello, War... glad to see you here in PC too! My first post with this brand new account will be for you.

You know I have always liked your style and I think that remaking the FR tiles is a very good idea. The FR style, while liked by many, is getting old because we keep seeing the exact same tiles over and over again. Also, the fact that your tiles are so compatible with the originals is good because if somebody wants to change only a few tiles of their hack, and not all of them, they can do it easily and smoothly.

Among the tiles that you have posted, I cannot find many problems. The thing that bothers me the most, however, is the shading of the tall grass and the first house. I think that it lacks volume, there's too much of a gradient in a few pixels' space. With the house one gets the feeling that the roof is kind of domed, with a weird shape, and I think the difference between the darker and the lighter tones in the grass is too high too.

On the other hand, If I remember right you wanted to give a metallic feeling with the third house, didn't you? I think that it would be better if it had a greyer, darker palette. Right now it looks kind of snowy ;P

Besides that, I think they are pretty good and they can be useful to many people.

By the way, what's the last tile in the third row? A blue gem?

Thanks for your work and keep it up!

Back