• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Console Hacks

dstaley

Closet Pokemon Geek
    Years
    I have a PlayStation 2 (Phat), a Nintendo Gamecube, Gameboy Advance SP, and a Nintendo DS (Phat) lying around my house. Does anyone know of any hacks or cool mods that I could do with items found around the common household without buying anything (Or buying something cheap)? I'm bored and looking for something to do with these consoles. I would really like to increase the brightness of my DS.

Years
    I turned my Gamecube into a cool-looking little gamecube-shaped box after it totally stopped working, with just a screwdriver and hammer... but I don't think you'd want to do that.

I don't think there's anything useful you can do with common household items. If you're bored, you could just... y'know, play them.

dstaley

Closet Pokemon Geek
    Years
    I turned my Gamecube into a cool-looking little gamecube-shaped box after it totally stopped working, with just a screwdriver and hammer... but I don't think you'd want to do that.

I don't think there's anything useful you can do with common household items. If you're bored, you could just... y'know, play them.

See, that's the problem . . . I don't have any <i>good</i> games:

PS2:
    Kingdom Hearts

Gamecube:
    Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
    007: Nightfire

Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP:
    None

Nintendo DS:
    Pokemon Diamond

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    You could do a case mod for your Playstation or Gamecube. But I wouldn't recommend it without some adult help and/or someone with expertise in the matter.

dstaley

Closet Pokemon Geek
    Years
    You could do a case mod for your Playstation or Gamecube. But I wouldn't recommend it without some adult help and/or someone with expertise in the matter.

"Adult help"?! I'll let this one slide >>'

A case mod isn't exactly something you can do without buying anything. Well, besides painting or something. I'd really like to run burned games on all my consoles so I can try before I buy. I don't have a game rental service thingy like GameFly or Blockbuster (Might need to get one of those, no, really, I do)

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    "Adult help"?! I'll let this one slide >>'

Well I offered "or" as an option.

A case mod isn't exactly something you can do without buying anything. Well, besides painting or something.

Well if you have scrap wood lying around...

I'd really like to run burned games on all my consoles so I can try before I buy. I don't have a game rental service thingy like GameFly or Blockbuster (Might need to get one of those, no, really, I do)

I think you can get a mod chip for your Playstation, and the Gameboys should run a FlashCart straight off. But of coruse, you have to buy other items for that. :p

Doesn't Playstation read burnt disks (Given they're burned properly)?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I wouldn't even bother modding your Playstation 2. Just get swap magic. It lets you play burnt and imported games. Depending on your version of PS2, all you have to do is a quick, reversable modification and then use the little tool that you buy with the disc. It's kind of annoying to do the swapping each time you want to play one of the games, but it's cheap and simple. I'd recommend it over a mod chip, anyway. (It doesn't void your warranty. :x)

Back