• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Crashes After Creating An Encounter

har

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2019
    Hey everyone, just been dealing with a rather frustrating issue and have not discovered any solution after searching the internet.

I am creating a custom Pokemon game through Pokemon Essentials, one of the later versions (at least 14 as I am not sure). I am using entirely new species, 250 of them, with an all new world. The exterior of the world has been made, my pokemon.pbs file has been made with the new pokemon, and now I'm starting to do the actual programming of the game. Up to now everything has worked fine and I load up the game as well as walk around the maps.

My issue starts whenever I go to create an encounter. I use the editor program to set up my encounter and enter all my Pokemon names and levels. I then go to load my game only to have it crash during the compiling stage and I get the following error message. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Exception: NoMethodError
    Compiler:1093:in `pbCompileEncounters'
    Compiler:1089:in `each'
    Compiler:1089:in `pbCompileEncounters'
    Compiler:4056:in `pbCompileAllData'
    Compiler:4162

Back