• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Development Team Recruitment

JakeG

Pokemon Awakening-Coming Soon!
Years
Recruiting A Team Member:
Team Name: Team Shadow
Team Leader: Myself (JakeG)
Game Title: Pokemon Shadow
Current Members: Only myself, and two dedicated forums who do small help
Positions Needed: Fakemon artists, Mappers, Scripters, Music artists, Spriters
Additional Info: Please PM me if you can help in nay position.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Free agent here. :D
Area looking for work: Mapping
Timezone: Australian Eastern Standard Time, GMT +10
Preferred method of contact: VM/PM for now.
Examples of work:
Spoiler:

Additional Info: I'm bored, but don't stack me with too many maps at once, please. I sort of run short on inspiration when I get to that point and my maps turn to sludge. D: I'm also a little picky, so don't blame me if I sort of reject your jobs. :D

I prefer to work with Nintendo-style tiles, be they Kyledove's, Fangking's, or just the pure FR/RSE tilesets. :P Also, I like mountains. Don't give me too many boring grassy maps, plz.

Inundated with requests, not so free. D: Will edit later if I become free, though. :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Recruiting a Team Member
Team name: ~
Team Leader: SwiftSign
Current Members: ~
Current Game title: Pokémon Spirit (name in the works)
Current progress made: Little
Position(s) needed: Fakemon Spriter
Timezone: I am in GMT but looking for any
Preferred Method of contact: PM or VM
Additional info:

There is currently only ONE fakemon that needs spriting, and I have the artwork ready, just looking for someone to convert it into a sprite that can be inserted into RMXP. If you are interested please PM me and I'll show you the art work so you can make a start.

Thanks in advance to any applying, even if you are just a novice I'd love to see what you can do.

- SwiftSign

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023

2pslq55.jpg

2e1vejn.jpg
6iraqs.jpg

Hero - by Signomi

Team Leaders: Abnegation & Lornami
Current Members: Abnegation, Lornami and Twilight Sky.
Current Game title: Pokémon: Forever Lost
Current progress made: Given the time frame it's been on RMXP, significant.
Position(s) needed: Well experienced Spriters (2), Scriptors - RGSS and or eventing (1) or anyone with good general experience with RMXP is welcome to send their application.
Timezone: I'm in GMT (London time) but any is okay.
Additional info: I'm trying not to release too much to the public, however those who are on the team will be presented with all the ideas and work we have done. I can assure you that this project will be executed at a high standard. In saying that, it's all in a matter of fun, there's no pressure and the team conversations will be light hearted but I'm looking for team members with a confident ability in their area.

Sample Map

[a id]story[/a id]
of6gsp.jpg

Prologue:

Everyone has a story, one in which leads the way they live, the way they love, the way they put their heart on the line at different moments and the way in which they will die. Some people live to one day find what it is that they have been looking for. Some never find it. In this world, one which is forever changing, becoming darker, more distant, we are starting to rely on no one but ourselves. We struggle to fight through to get to where we need to be, we struggle even to breath at any moment of despair. People are disappearing, pokemon trainers are putting their soul on the line to become strong. The pokemon league is not what it used to be, the gyms are losing worthy challengers. Those who take on the league are disappearing and losing all faith in themselves. Evil men and women are destroying lives so that they may reach "the top". So what happens when you lose all that you fight for? What happens when something you would die for is no longer in your reach? Well, you become, Forever Lost.

Full story only released to team members as it has taken a year to complete, will be released with the thread however.

[a id]feat[/a id]
1z15kps.jpg

24n44dz.jpg
Abnegation: Writer, inserter, mapper, spriting, scripting and more

2vrwpyw.jpg
Lornami: Spriter, scripting and more

24n44dz.jpg
Twilight Sky: Writer

Best viewed on Firefox & good resolution screens. All work is copyright.

wtug09.jpg
2u5qr0i.jpg

Last edited:

starterra

The Zoroark Trainer
Years
Team name: Team ?
Team Leader: Starterra
Current Members: -0-
Current Game title: Pokemon Oracion
Current progress made: 5%?
Position(s) needed: Whoever is willing to help
Timezone: -7:00
Preferred Method of contact: PM
Additional info: I can make maps myself, but i am new at this. i could use someone experienced to teach me how to do some basic stuff or help with the rom itself. thanks!

YELL0W

Rm2k3 User
Years
Recruiting

Recruiting a Team Member
Team name: Poke Jade Team
Team Leader: YELL0W (Me)
Current Members: No-one but me
Current Game title:Pokemon Jade Version
Current progress made:RM2K3 CBS And First Town
Position(s) needed:Spriter, Fakemon Maker, Tileset Maker
Timezone: Eastern Australian Time GTS+10
Preferred Method of contact: PM ME
Additional info:All Help Is good Help So If you Want to Help Just Contact me. And Show me an example of your work.

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
Years
Hey, I'm looking for team members for Team Topaz, working on my game Pokemon Topaz Version.
First thing I need is Spriters. I can do some, but I'm a rookie spriter, so I need help...
Second, I need Scripters. Topaz will be done in RMXP, just thought I'd let you know...
Third, I will start a Pokemon Topaz thread soon, but I wont until I have a Spriter and scripter.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
I'm looking for a decent to good flash animator to make the opening scene in my Pokemon Game, Pokemon Pyrite. It needs to focus of Silver and the Mask of Ice. I'd be really grateful if someone took the time to do this for me. You will be listed high up in the credits in my game and you are allowed a cameo in my game if you so wish. Please PM me if you are interested. Also, if you don't like that form of payment, I am willing to compose a video game music remix in the same style as my youtube remixes found here. http://www.youtube.com/thepsynergist

I hope to hear from you soon.

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Help Please

Team name: Pokemon ND Team
Team Leader: Pichuichu (Me)
Current Members:1 (Me)
Current Game title: Pokemon New Dawn
Current progress made: Around 20% (Im Flying Solo At The Moment)
Position(s) needed:

Scripters
OW Spriters
Spriters
Mapper
Music Makers
Plotters

Timezone: Canadian Ontario
Preferred Method of contact: PM Me Please
Additional info: Please Truly Be One Of The Posted If You Want To Join Thanks.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Team Name: P-ROA
Team Leader: Valora17
Current Members: Valora 17
Current Game title: Pokemon: Ruins of Alvaron
Current progress made: Fakemon 30% done, concept almost done, maps in the works.
Position(s) needed: Composer, Overworld Artist, Cutscene Artist, Tile Artist, and Trainer Spriter
Timezone: Any, I live Pacific Time
Preferred Method of contact: E-mail, PM, AIM, YIM, Twitter (PM for any of these details)
Additional info: Currently MY main focus is the fakemon of this game, though I am also playing around with the asthetics such as the pokedex appearance, bag, etc. etc. I could use all the help I can get really, so anyone willing to contribute is welcome :]

EDIT: Here is a link to my thread
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222078

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Still mainly just need an RMXP scripter who knows their way around Poccil's Starter Kit for the time being

roxaspwner

Pokemon Orange Isles Leader
Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2016
Recruiting a Team Member
Team name: Team Orange
Team Leader: Roxaspwner
Current Members: Me
Current Game title: Pokemon Orange Isles
Current progress made: Pokedex - 100% Done (Just need icons and backsprites. D:)
Mapping - 0%
Scripts - 25%
Plot - 10%
Position(s) needed: Mapping
Timezone: Central Time
Preferred Method of contact: Email @ [email protected] , PM or Visitor Message
Additional info: hi.

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Recruiting

I'm recruiting

Team: Team new dawn

Members Me Habit12 and Elarmasecreta

recruiting

scripters
musicians
anyone that can make custom tiles (hgss style)

Timezone: not sure contact me at anytime

Preffered form of contact: Pm Vm.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2010
Pokemon Adventures: Red/Green/Blue
Team name: Team Ho-oh
Team Leader: Me
Current Members:Me (currently doing overworld mapping and cutscene editing)
Current Game title: Pokemon Adventures: Red/Green/Blue
Current progress made: 0.5%, perhaps a bit less.
Position(s) needed: Scripter (someone who knows Ruby (RGSS for rpg maker XP))
Spriter (for Red's battler and introduction cutscene)
Animator for movements.
Sound arranger.
Timezone: GMT
Preferred Method of contact: PM or email (send a PM for email xD) also can be contacted in a chatroom.
Additional info: If the project is achieved, making more sequels might be plausible.

Years
Hello!

I'm a pokemon storyline writer that is eager to help with a game. I really don't have any examples because I have no clue how to show you them. (There in my brain xD) Anyways, send me a PM if you need help with a storyline.

Thanks,

PW (I want to change my username... can't.)

Years
AugustLogo.png

If you don't know who we are already, then you should check out the Drawing Board more often. The less progressed projects need love too! Anyhow, here's the link.

We're looking for talented artists, be you concept artists or pixel artists, to help design Dinso, our new region. We have various city ideas, from a Gotham-esque dystopia to a cute Native American village, and we need designers like you to help draw up house designs to be sprited, or sprite them yourself. We'll also need a variety of other structures, like labs, signposts, and anything you can think of to make Dinso unique.

We're open to offers from all skill levels, but we'll only offer team places at our discretion. However, if you can draw houses like these or sprite anywhere near as good as this, then you're definitely what we're looking for. If you're not up to that level, don't be disheartened, as we'll consider your application based on originality and potential as well as current skill.

Anyone with other skills can also apply to join the team at any point, but we're really keen to push the artwork forward over the summer.

Anyway, I've rambled waaaay too much. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
Team name: Studio 73
Team Leader: Raekuul
Current Members: Raekuul, 0 members of Pokecommunity, and 0 others.
Current Game title: Vomage: Genesis.
Current progress made:
Character stats: 50% tested.
Boss stats: 40% tested.
0 Maps made
Story: 2% implemented
Position(s) needed: Spriters, Map Designers
Timezone: UTC-05:00
Preferred Method of contact: Private Messages
Additional info: Not Pokemon related at all, engine is the OHRRPGCE. If interested, PM me (or follow this link) for more info.

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
Years
Team name: Kidsboard
Team Leader: Nmorr(me)
Current Members: Neo-Spriteman
Current Game title: Pokemon 3D
Current progress made: Storyline partially complete
Position(s) needed: Scripter and Musician
Timezone:???
Preferred Method of contact: PM
Additional info: