• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Game erased

Tormentedsoul14

lafonte FTW!
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2007
    Not sure what happened to my game but when I turn it on now I get a blue screen with some text then it goes to the start screen like I would be starting a new game. I had 257 hours and about 58 minutes if I remember correctly could that be why it got erased, from so much game play?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    That could have a few reasons.

- You turned off your game while it was saving.
    - You tried, as already mentioned, a glitch and thus corrupted your save data.
    - Something in your cartridge, like the backup-memory, stopped working.

You could try sending in your game to Nintendo, after you checked with their support first. They'd be the only ones that could do something for you, if there is even anything left of your savegame.

Tormentedsoul14

lafonte FTW!
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2007
    I did the darkrai glitch so that could be it then owell ill just hack the crap out of it now.

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    We already know that his game corrupted because he attempted a glitch that should have been patched.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    It has happened to both my silver verisons, but it is the battery. Change battery and it works again. The save file is lost though. It happens to all game casettes when you have played a lot. My save file at green was also deleted but it said 'fail data' so t must have been a mistake, like the game was not inserted in the GB corectly and the pkmn game and the BG lost contact while the game was on, maybe there was dust in it or something (I hope the mew glitch has nothing to do with this). It has happened to my silver a long time ago and never again, so that is nothing to worry about.
    But if it's just the 'new game' screen and no text like 'fail data' or 'corrupted data' it's the battery.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Hmm...Sorry to hear about that. I hope my game never does this, I tried both glitches (successfully, but you never know...) The only thing I would try to do is contact nintendo and see what they can do.

The next day: Um....guys the same thing actually happened to me today! I can no longer save my game with those pokemon in my party or open up the box...It was almost upsetting enough to make me cry! I put a lot of hard work into this game and now it's all gone. So I plead to all of you reading this, DON'T USE GLITCHES! There were warnings, but nothing happened until months later! Just don't do it! I actually feel a whole lot more sympothetic to you Tormented....I know now what your going through.

Last edited:

munchlax2006

Battle Frontier Champ
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2009
    It happend to my followig games Gold,Crystal, link to the past and more!

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Try to change the battery in the cassette if you cannot save..

Back