• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Idea: The Wheel of Time

Would you be willing...

• Total voters

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    If you've ever read Robert Jordans Wheel of Time series you'll love this game.

STORY:
    1-You are a young man living in the Two Rivers, who decides to join Lord Perrins army just in time to travel to Caemlyn to meet Rand al'Thor, the Dragon Reborn, but you soon get lost and must make a decision. Join the band of theives that will protect you, or search for your embassy who've travelled North to their Lord's need. (Occurs during The Lord of Chaos).
    2-You are a young man living in Carhien who discovers he can channel, he must also make a choice. Join the Lord Dragon's Black Tower to be taught his abilities, or run away and face the madness alone.(Occurs during The Crown of Swords).
    3-You are a young woman in Tear who is to be shipped off to the White Tower to be Aes Sedai. You must make a choice continue to the Tower or, join the rebels in Salidar.
    (Occurrs during The Lord of Chaos).
    I am thinking of a fourth where you're Aiel.
    FEATURES
    1-You can fight with your hands with weapons or the Power
    2-Real-Time
    3-Weather
    4-Decisions change story
    5-Different jobs
    6-You can marry and have children (or minus the marry)
    7-Many Side-Stories
    8-You can win thrones

Will need a lot of help. Projected date will be about 09/20/2008.

Last edited:

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    How are you going to do channeling? That is why most people quit doing the WOT Fan games.

Yuoaman

Years
    ill probably have preset skills you can learn as you progress, much like HM's and TM's

WAIT! *off topic* You actually read the books, AND understand what i've said?

Last edited by a moderator:

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    Of course i read the books. Why wouldn't I? How could you use premade skills to do channeling? I would do an input where you have to hit keys in a combo to create the weave. Also, how are you going to make the white tower? In a MMO RMXP game i was helping a friend make for WOT, We gave up on building the thing.

If you keep going on the story, how will you do the twisted reality thing? How will you do Min and here "visions"? How are you going to do the ways and traveling stones? I'm just full of questions.

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    Well, traveling using the slash thing, would be the easiest thing. You could just use the slash animation for the sword. then just show an open archway pic... I'll help you with the game if you would like.

Yuoaman

Years
    good idea, thanx i need the help

just pm me if u wanna help with this

Oh and is anyone other than tdata going to post, cause i am not lying about needing help

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2007
    great job, this looks grat, i read the books to (i'm on The Shadow Rising) but im not too good at this stuff so i cannot help you, though i hope you get help soon. (I WANNA PLAY IT)

See i posted too, tee hee

JMH

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2006
    Sounds ok. I have never read the series so I propbaly wont play it but sounds ok.

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    Hmmm... I'm not good at all with javascript... :P But, if that is that you wish to run on, i'll learn fast. But, it might be interesting to do it in VB or C++... Make it iso-morphic... But you are the boss, i'm just the underling.

Yuoaman

Years
    I don't know how to do javascript either... I have just seen a lot of cool things done with Sphere and thought it would be great for it... Though I also have RMXP if you'd rather use that... Man I need a better avatar...

Also you don't need to read the books to be a part of this, i really need spriters right now.

Last edited:

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    Reading the books would be a plus though. This also gives me an idea for another game. An online RPG where you start off as a normal person and you may choose to be able to channel. If you do, you can travel up the ranks, but only an admin can make you Aes Sedai or Asha'man. ^_^ I have way too many ideas revolving on WOT... :P So, Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Yuoaman

Years
    I know reading the books would be a plus. But even if they haven't they can still map and sprite, right. And that would be a great idea for a game!
    But what program shall we use?? ( Does anyone know where we can find WOT sprites if you can't sprite them, it would really help).

Ughhh... I hate Sphere, it doesn't work for me!!

Last edited:

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    so, shall be start with the mapping? No story type events yet, just map the world. But first, we need atleast one more member.

Yuoaman

Years
    Yes, we do... I may have a candidate... He's a guy in my class, Kyle, and he's just starting to learn RMXP. But he seems really eager to help. If he's not up to it I'm sure we'll find someone... I hope...

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    Okay. Can he sprite? We will need a spriter before we can finish the game...:)

Yuoaman

Years
    I don't know, I'll ask him...

... He can, but only limited stuff... Nothing hard like Trollocs...

Last edited:
    Back