• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Concept: Game Pitch: Mystery Dugeon Fangame

aGoodCabinet

Im new. Please don't kill me
Years
  • So like around 3 weeks ago I had a huge idea for a Mystery Dungeon fangame. So I started up a google docs document in order to write down my ideas and so far I've already made 8 Chapters that still need some polishing. So I came here to make a thread of this idea I have and see if it can be...doable in terms of coding/programming.

First, I want to talk about how my fangame idea would feel different. This Mystery Dungeon fangame will slightly be different in that you can't recruit Pokemon, but you can gain more Party Members through quests and pushing through the story. There is no evolving mechanic except for You and your Partner that would happen during the story. Party Members would also gain the ability to use multiple held items because I want things to be a bit more challenging. Finally, there would be tough boss battles, with some bosses having 2 to 3 phases. I want these bosses to have high HP and telegraphed attacks for more challenge and uniquity. Turn-based combat would still come into play so players must plan their next step carefully.

Second, I want to talk about the story. The world would have around 20 locations, with 18 of the locations would be large nations or lands based on each of the 18 types. The player and their partner must journey through each of the lands to fix problems and be heroic as usual. Here are a few excerpts from the story and some chapters:

"You wake up, washed ashore in a form you are not familiar with. Saved by your partner, a new chapter in your new life starts now. To where will the winds of fate take you? Will it bring you back home? Will you stay? Or will you leave? You will soon find out…"

Chapter 1: Livalayv City​
    "In the bustling City of Livalayv, the Bureau handles all the laws, in and outside of the city. As you join their ranks, will you be able to save this world from the evil that looms over the lands?"​

Chapter 2: Ordina Town​
    "Perfection and Tranquility is key to a good life. And the Mayor of Ordina Town wishes to hold on to these ideals forever. Do her citizens see the same concept of "normal" as her?"​

Chapter 3: Rivermist Isles​
    "The citizens of Rivermist live in too much fear to enjoy their oceanic home. Night after night, predators swim rampant across the dark waters. Teeth will be bared one way or another"​

Chapter 4: Garderise Forest​
    "What used to be vivid green pastures became an entire world split between two kinds of Pokemon. Within the endless but withering Garderise forest, the rich thrive, and the impoverished must survive"​

Lastly, I just want to share something very important; I suck at coding/scripting/programming. BUT, I am good at illustration and I am somewhat willing to learn something new. Speaking of illustration, I am a fakemon artist and I just want to share some art based on my Mystery Dungeon Fangame. I'm not gonna tell more about these illustrations but there are like the Phase 2 form of these bosses:
    Game Pitch: Mystery Dugeon Fangame

So...yeah I guess that's it. I'm just looking for a green light if this project is too ambitious or if it's feasible enough. thanks for the time to read all my ramblings lmao.

Back