• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Game starts to lose FPS while in tall grass

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Basically while my character is walking on tall grass the game starts to lose FPS gradually. It starts at 60 and stays there for literally everything else, but then as I go up and down and all around looking for pokemon the fps start to go down, slowly but surely.
    After a while they stay at 54-56, then 50, then 47, etc etc. There is a point where if i try to move to another grass tile the game just stutters for every step at 30 fps (and lowering).

It wouldn't be so bad if it just resets while i stand still or exit, wich it does... kinda, while i am not moving or just exit and do other things out of the grass the game returns to 60 fps... but the moment i return the game somehow remembers how bad the stuttering was and keeps going from that point. So i can enter grass, move around the grass at 30 fps, exit, run around a city at 60, then touch a single tile of grass and back to 30. And I have NO CLUE why this is happening.

I've tried to remove the grass animation but nope, it doesn't happen in caves or while surfing so its just the grass, and happens even if there is no wild pokemon in the area.

Just to clarify, it the stutter is just moving between grass tiles, but its pretty anoying. The only "solution" i have found is restarting the game. It goes back to 60 again but doesn't last long.

Any idea why this is happening?

Years
  • Me too I have made like these Headbut Trees but instead maybe use size(2,1) also how big is your map I am making my game not on my beasty AMD pc but on my laptop so it may be from that I don't know. For example in Viridian Forest the fps drop allot because I have made an example of a Den for testing it.

Back