• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Game was Great but....

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    been there done that, i want to the game to be challenging enough for when i want to do the nuzlocke challenge it will be a challenge.

When I think about the first Pokemon I caught in each route and then imagine Nuzlocke with no Exp Share, Affection, and Super Training...

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2022
    You got to understand that the game are for very young children that probably don't know what they are doing most of the time. Why do you think they brought the 2DS out right before the new pokemon game? And yes age has a lot to do with it because the older players know what they are doing and understand things a lot better.
    Welcome to the world of video games. If you don't know what you're doing, and if you don't learn, you fail. You get better by learning from your mistakes, getting up and trying again. It doesn't apply to gaming, it's life. Fall of the bike, lick your wounds and get back on.

The game may be for young children, but young children aren't stupid. They can learn if they're willing. I was playing pokemon when I was their age, and back then I didn't know how crap worked. I put the time into learning about the game.

The 2DS was brought out because they were too young to handle the 3D capabilities that the game already has, and X and Y didn't have that much.

Anyone who finds this game difficult, with or without EXP share must be REALLY that bad at Pokémon or really don't have the basic mechanics down.

Last edited:
    Years
    Welcome to the world of video games. If you don't know what you're doing, and if you don't learn, you fail. You get better by learning from your mistakes, getting up and trying again. It doesn't apply to gaming, it's life. Fall of the bike, lick your wounds and get back on.

The game may be for young children, but young children aren't stupid. They can learn if they're willing. I was playing pokemon when I was their age, and back then I didn't know how crap worked. I put the time into learning about the game.

The 2DS was brought out because they were too young to handle the 3D capabilities that the game already has, and X and Y didn't have that much.

Anyone who finds this game difficult, with or without EXP share must be REALLY that bad at Pokémon or really don't have the basic mechanics down.

you are correct

kids dont have to do the things the hard way like it was before....i know before when original blue red came out we didnt have serebii or Bulbapedia, we had our minds and reading....now they just look things up on youtube or google.....So why cant they make the game a little bit...No Whole Lot harder....just makes no sense to dumb things down.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years

Before you start mouthing off people at being really bad at Pokemon, try playing the game and raising a full team from near the beginning, without using the new things like Pokemon Amie and Super Training and the Exp (All) Share. Also don't grind on wild battles, only fight those you run into while hunting for a team member or happen to come across. Or try a Nuzlocke. You will find this game to have a challenge, difficult at some parts, but not all the way through.

Pokemon applies to all ages and no, we (I'm assuming you're near my age) as those who grew up with it cannot complain about the mechanics. You say you put time into learning the game, but the game was very very simple back in Red/Blue. It was basically go out, collect, fight, and become the champion.

Gold/Silver were pretty much the same way and at the time not many people knew the introduction of EVs and it was way too complex for us without the use of computers and calculators. Sapphire/Ruby was the same, only we had more of an idea and knew how to train and a way to check it in-game. The mechanics become complex over time and we just added new information to what we already knew.

Point is, Pokemon is aiming at a large range, from us who were there at the beginning to those whose first games will be X and Y. They will not please one side more than the other and this is our happy medium, a game that if you impose rules on things that are optional will result in a challenging game or if you so use it, find the game to be ridiculously easy.

Moreover, Nintendo has already been interviewed about these mechanics and have stated it was to raise Pokemon faster and easier than before so that the goal of catching them all would overall be easier. They did this for those who don't have a lot of time to play the game, the causal gamers who have 2 or so hours per day or every other day to play and don't use strategy guides or look up things on the internet. Hardcore-ish gamers and speedrushers also benefit from this should they choose to use it.

P. S The older games weren't any harder, I breezed through Blue, Silver, Emerald, and White 2 with the same knowledge I applied to Y.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2022
    Hate to break it to you, but the elite 4 have always been the "Easy 4" and it'll stay that way.
    Gen 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Remakes not included.

Even in Gen 5, you can't just 1 shot pokemon period unless your team is at least 20 or so levels higher. And you don't expect to breeze through stuff the first time through like you can in Gen 6.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Gen 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Remakes not included.

Even in Gen 5, you can't just 1 shot pokemon period unless your team is at least 20 or so levels higher. And you don't expect to breeze through stuff the first time through like you can in Gen 6.
    I breezed through gen 3 E4 with just a lv.50 Exploud.
    I steamrolled through gen 2 E4 with a party that only just reached level 40.
    I beat gen 1 with a poison only team at a low level. (Don't remember, either way it was easy.)
    I had no problems beating gen 4 E4 either.
    I beat gen 5 E4 with just a Basculin.

The AI in these games are terrible and easily exploitable. Even if you're new you shouldn't have a trouble. Last time I had any trouble against an E4 was with the gen 1 E4 on my first ever playthrough, and it was only against the champion.

Years
    I breezed through gen 3 E4 with just a lv.50 Exploud.
    I steamrolled through gen 2 E4 with a party that only just reached level 40.
    I beat gen 1 with a poison only team at a low level. (Don't remember, either way it was easy.)
    I had no problems beating gen 4 E4 either.
    I beat gen 5 E4 with just a Basculin.

The AI in these games are terrible and easily exploitable. Even if you're new you shouldn't have a trouble. Last time I had any trouble against an E4 was with the gen 1 E4 on my first ever playthrough, and it was only against the champion.

Youre not understanding the point of this thread. They need to implement a harder mode for those who want it to be a challenge...People talking about Nuzlock challenge, and so on but it doesnt matter the game just needs to be a little more harder for the Nuzlock to work...I just started the nuzlock on my Y version

No Exp, no Affection already at the 4th gym leader with no problem.

Game too easy~

Like ive said i understand some kids do play the game...but they arent stupid, they know how the game works and we dont live 15 years in the past, If Game Freak made the game a lot harder than this game would be amazing...hopefully they do with the next versions.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Youre not understanding the point of this thread.
    Sorry? You brought up the "Easy 4" nonsense.
    They need to implement a harder mode for those who want it to be a challenge...People talking about Nuzlock challenge, and so on but it doesnt matter the game just needs to be a little more harder for the Nuzlock to work...I just started the nuzlock on my Y version

Game too easy~
    You're playing the wrong series if you're looking for a challenge. I recommend Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne on the PS2, but you might rip your hair off that, and you'll come back to Pokemon appreciating the relaxing pace and less stressful atmosphere...TRUST me on this one.

This game isn't any easier or harder than previous games. Period. All I'm getting from you is "the game isn't tailored to me!". You need to accept the fact that Pokemon is NOT designed for difficulties to work out. You know why Nuzlocke is still easy? Grinding and dumb AI. You grind a bit, everything is easy. And the A.I literally give you the win anyway. A challenge mode won't work out because it'll be pointless. If Nuzlocke isn't cutting it, then a challenge mode won't either. Look how far B/W2 went with "hard mode".

I've said it many times, and I'll say it again. "Difficulty" is non-existent in Pokemon. You take some, you lose some. If you're really fixated on this though, then try competitive battling.

Like ive said i understand some kids do play the game...but they arent stupid, they know how the game works and we dont live 15 years in the past,
    Have you seen kids play or are you speaking for yourself?

And it's not "GF doesn't want it to be too hard for the general audience", it's "the general audience don't want Pokemon to be too hard". Yes, kids can play through it even when it's hard, but you have to understand that's NOT what they want. Most Pokemon players play the game to EXPLORE and CAPTURE, battles are only a distraction to them. If the games are any more harder, they'll get too overwhelmed, and will drop the game.

You need to look into this from a game design perspective, and even business. Making the game easy has NO risks and doesn't adhere to lowest common denominator, which would just be poor business, and is a terrible design choice.

Years
    Sorry? You brought up the "Easy 4" nonsense.

You're playing the wrong series if you're looking for a challenge. I recommend Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne on the PS2, but you might rip your hair off that, and you'll come back to Pokemon appreciating the relaxing pace and less stressful atmosphere...TRUST me on this one.

This game isn't any easier or harder than previous games. Period. All I'm getting from you is "the game isn't tailored to me!". You need to accept the fact that Pokemon is NOT designed for difficulties to work out. You know why Nuzlocke is still easy? Grinding and dumb AI. You grind a bit, everything is easy. And the A.I literally give you the win anyway. A challenge mode won't work out because it'll be pointless. If Nuzlocke isn't cutting it, then a challenge mode won't either. Look how far B/W2 went with "hard mode".

I've said it many times, and I'll say it again. "Difficulty" is non-existent in Pokemon. You take some, you lose some. If you're really fixated on this though, then try competitive battling.

Have you seen kids play or are you speaking for yourself?

And it's not "GF doesn't want it to be too hard for the general audience", it's "the general audience don't want Pokemon to be too hard". Yes, kids can play through it even when it's hard, but you have to understand that's NOT what they want. Most Pokemon players play the game to EXPLORE and CAPTURE, battles are only a distraction to them. If the games are any more harder, they'll get too overwhelmed, and will drop the game.

You need to look into this from a game design perspective, and even business. Making the game easy has NO risks and doesn't adhere to lowest common denominator, which would just be poor business, and is a terrible design choice.

I have a family and a kid, as well as nephews ive bought the game for, they simply dont like it....My woman doesnt game at all and she got it in her first hour playing it

I did make the easy4 comment but you should actually try reading before posting even more nonsense~

/lockthread

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    Youre not understanding the point of this thread. They need to implement a harder mode for those who want it to be a challenge...People talking about Nuzlock challenge, and so on but it doesnt matter the game just needs to be a little more harder for the Nuzlock to work...I just started the nuzlock on my Y version

Game too easy~

Like ive said i understand some kids do play the game...but they arent stupid, they know how the game works and we dont live 15 years in the past, If Game Freak made the game a lot harder than this game would be amazing...hopefully they do with the next versions.

I've seen 4 LPs of this game, from people who are decent-to-really good at this game and I've seen some struggle even with Exp Share and without (needed to grind to keep up), but if you're saying this game is a breeze on a Nuzlocke with no exp share, then you must be grinding and grinding hard. Because in truth, the game isn't that easy.

Also, level wise, this Gen is only beaten by B/W (I think B2/W2 too), Emerald and Platinum for the Elite 4. The only difference is the number of Pokemon. I would say wait for Z, because the third game always introduces higher leveled Gyms, E4, and Champion.

Also, look at my post, some people are just now getting into Pokemon, or have only been around for 5th gen and now. Game Freak is aiming at most ages and types of players, not just hardcore go to serebii/bulbepedia/pokecommunity players (who may just be 10-20% or less of people who buy Pokemon games). Again this game's difficulty depends on your choices.

Don't expect what we got in B2/W2. Look back at every generation and see that the third game/sequel is an expansion of the first two. The mechanics they introduce within a third game feels like what should have been in the first, and since it's the third and Game Freak assumes that most have played the first two they bump up the difficulty. This has been Pokemon's way, and will remain so until they decided they majority of the audience wants different.

P.S Blaziken is also an 'easy mode' switch in this game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2022
    There is a risks to easy mode gaming. Look at the bad reviews on some really easy games because they don't provide the challenge that gamers crave for. Gamers want their minds to be challenged. Without challenge, a gamer finds themselves bored out of their lives. There is a game where it's so linear, where you run dungeons and fight monsters and cannot die. The game will not let you fail. It was so dumbed down that reviewers spat on it.

An easy game can be a boring game.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
    Hm let's see, try no megas or no kanto starter no exp share(and maybe no aegislash?) and see how that will do huh?

P.S. Judging by your arguing with Spino, sounds like you're trying to make the point that the game is too easy a fact which is not because not everyone has the same experiences!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    There is a risks to easy mode gaming. Look at the bad reviews on some really easy games because they don't provide the challenge that gamers crave for.
    You mean the reviews that contributed to giving the games the best metacritic score in the series? EDIT: Blah, misread. Moving on.
    Gamers want their minds to be challenged. Without challenge, a gamer finds themselves bored out of their lives. There is a game where it's so linear, where you run dungeons and fight monsters and cannot die. The game will not let you fail. It was so dumbed down that reviewers spat on it.
    You mean the vocal minority that like to call themselves "hardcore gamers"?

Mario games are very easy, easier than most platformers out there. But it's still the king of platformers. Know why? Because the level design is second to none. If a game that manages to be extremely fun due to smart game design choices and tight mechanics, then you can easily throw out this difficulty nonsense. A game DOESN'T need to be hard to be good. In fact, a lot of games that are considered the best barely got any challenge. (See: Resident Evil 4, Mario Galaxy, Super Mario World, Super Metroid, etc) Pokemon is the exact same.

An easy game can be a boring game.
    Key word here is "can". Pokemon isn't one of those games.

Years
    Hm let's see, try no megas or no kanto starter no exp share(and maybe no aegislash?) and see how that will do huh?

P.S. Judging by your arguing with Spino, sounds like you're trying to make the point that the game is too easy a fact which is not because not everyone has the same experiences!

Yea the game is to easy and so says the other 5 people in skype ive been playing with...

Also all the other threads ive been reading...Game too easy~ thats the fact.

I didnt even bother catching Aegislash.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
    Yea the game is to easy and so says the other 5 people in skype ive been playing with...

Also all the other threads ive been reading...Game too easy~ thats the fact.

I didnt even bother catching Aegislash.

I literally just facepalmed at this post. It's NOT a fact, it's experience, and pokemon games are never targeted to be hard and just because your friends on skype says so it doesn't mean it's a fact.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    I can bet you that most of those threads contribute this ease with Exp Share and lessly with Affection. And I imagine that the others in your Skype group have it on, have used Pokemon Amie, have the OP King of Murder Blaziken, or the Mega-slap-you-around Kanto starter. Worse if they have any combination of the mentioned.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
    I can bet you that most of those threads contribute this ease with Exp Share and lessly with Affection. And I imagine that the others in your Skype group have it on, have used Pokemon Amie, have the OP King of Murder Blaziken, or the Mega-slap-you-around Kanto starter. Worse if they have any combination of the mentioned.

Oh I forgot about that stupid blaziken

Back