• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gamefreaks Other Title: Harmoknight/Game Freak Speculation

Years
  • Harmoknight was released just recently as a Nintendo 3DS exclusive downloadable title. This marking the first time in recent memory that Game Freak has developed a game that wasn't part of the Pokemon Franchise.

What your thoughts on Harmoknight in general? Do you feel like think that Game Freak did a good job with the title? Is the retail price of 15.00 to high? Should Game Freak be making Titles that arn't Pokemon? Is there a game genre you would like to see Game Freak tackle?

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • I can't speak to Harmoknight specifically, lacking a 3DS, but yes to the second question. Having played their other games before, Jelly Boy, Pulseman and Drill Dozer, I've found that Game Freak often has really interesting ideas. Sometimes they wear a little thin after a while (Drill Dozer, for example), but they seem to have it in them to innovate. I feel like if they spent more time perfecting innovative ideas and less time on Pokemon, we'd actually see more cool stuff in the Nintendo library.

Maybe Pokemon would benefit from the break, too. Sometimes you gotta take some time off.

I admit, I've only seen videos of Jelly Boy 2, but it did seem like an improvement to the first game.

tigerBLADE

1000://PowHammers
    Years
  • Harmoknight is a pretty easy game once you get the hang of it; just like with all rhythm games. It's quite fun; I do recommend it if you want to try something slightly new! I think it's great that game freak has come up with these fun games, and I do look forward to Game Freak's future titles that aren't pokemon. Maybe just iron out some of the flaws here and there, and they can come up with really great games!

Back