• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gary or Ash

Ash or Gary

• Ash

Votes: 39 48.1%
  • Gary

Votes: 42 51.9%

• Total voters

Deathspector

I'm so hardcore, I'm "X"-rated
    Years
    Forgive me if this thread hs been posted here before, but I feel the need to justify a couple of points about these two. Also, feel free to vote in the poll, but please post as well. I don't only want this an opinion thread, but I want it a descussion thread, so start debating.

In my opinion, Gary far outsttrips Ash in all fields of Pokèmon training. Unlike Ash, he understands a lot more about Pokèmon training, and his goal is, unlike Ahs's of becoming a Pokèmon Master, remains unknown to the viewers of the animè.

He also has a team of Pokèmon that technically, can roll Ash over. What do y'all think?

Years
    id vote for Ash as i prefer him to Gary , I Know Garys smart and he has cool pokemon. But i prefer Ash as he is quite funny in the first series and he's pokemon are awesome his Pikachu's is cool and has quite powerful eletric attacks and i love his Grovlye because its sooooooooo cool. Anyway i vote for Ash,. Even though sometimes i also think Gary's pokemon are stronger than Ash's.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I voted Gary, even though I love Ash to bits. But I've liked Gary over Ash since the beginning, way back when I first saw him. Gary's character design was so cool and how he was so much better than Ash was so cool.
    I just didn't like when Ash found out his Krabby was much smaller than Gary's, LET KRABBY BE!

Decepticon

Squirtle > You
    Years
    Ash I guess, hes got Squirtle!!1
    and in the first season i liked how they made him so stupid it always made me laugh. now that Ash is smarter the show isnt as good... but i do like alot of gary's pokemon *coughumbreoncough*

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Ejunknown said:
    Definetly Gary. Not only did he start with an Eevee, he is stronger and smarter than Ash.

Actually, he started out with a Squirtle. I believe one of the episodes explained that part, although it's still vague. Starting out with an Eevee would be contradicting the first episode.

If we're talking about the first series, I'd vote for Ash. His character isn't bad, considering the growth of his so-called development, but it just doesn't appeal as much anymore.

...But if I had to choose, it'd still be Ash, for some odd reason. =P

Decepticon

Squirtle > You
    Years
    Emerald Ex said:
    Well, I still think Gary started with Eevee.

and Oak is his grandfather...
    in the episode where ash fights gary in the johto league brock says "theres the blastoise that gary started with when he began his pokemon journey"
    or somthing like that. so blastoise is his starter even though he seems to have more of a bond with eevee/umbreon in some episodes it shows.

*~Silver~*

Silver with a new hair style
    Years
    Nope I remember that episode, he started with a Squirtle, Also yah I vote for Gary, he's got over 200 pokemon, he has lots of different strong pokemon, and he plain looks cooler. Also what happened to Gary? I don't think I've seen him all of Honen (He could at least appear once!!!)

Deathspector

Years
    Yep, lots of people think that Gary started with his Eevee that later evolved into Umbreon, but it's a fact that he started with Squirtle. In the Silver Conference, Gary battles Ash with a Blastoise, which was his starter, and that's another thing...Ash always seems to win, no matter what. he beat a Blastoise with a Charizard for Christ's sake.

And his first battle with Brock...unbelieveable.

In my opinion, if the Gym Leaders had gone on Ash with full force, he'd still be fighting Brock. The stubborn bastard...

ponyta rules

ponyta rules
    Years
    I like them both the same really.I like Ash as he's more friendlier than Gary but i think Gary is a bit better looking than Ash but i like their Pokemon much the same.

Deathspector

Years
    I thought that I'd put together this set of gymas that Ash batled in kanto, and see what happened.

Pewter City
    Gym Leader: Brock
    Outcome: Brock felt sorry for Ash.

Cerulean City
    Gym Leader: Misty
    Outcome: Team Rocket...bleah.

Vermillion City
    Gym Leader: Lt. Surge
    Outcome: He one fair and square, but Pikachu versus Raichu? Bullshit.

Saffron City
    Gym Leader: Sabrina
    Outcome: he made her laugh...what a strategy.

Celadon City
    Gym Leader: Erika
    Outcome: Team Rocket again.

Fuchsia City
    Gym Leader: Koga
    Outcome: Team Rocket, yet again...

Cinnabar Island
    Gym Leader: Blaine
    Outcome: Okay, this was one of my favourite gym battles, that was actually worthy. Charizard pwnz Magmar.

Viridian City
    Gym Leader: Giovanni.
    Outcome: Giovanni had to go on unexpected leave...honestly.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Ah, but Ash is still learning, yes? That's why he's still on his Pokemon journey. ^^; Sure, Gary's smarter, and probably better at Pokemon than Ash is, but I still prefer Ash. (Forget the fact that I love him right now. XD) I guess... Probably because he's kind of stupid and makes lots of mistakes, and since he's still learning, he's making a great role model for me. xx; Never give up, heh.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    Finally,something diffrent from the May vs. Misty or Kikyo vs. kagome threads xDD

Well,I vote Gary.Badass boys are awesome.Plus he's a Pokemon team is pretty decent to my standards =D

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
    Years
    Ejunknown said:
    Definetly Gary. Not only did he start with an Eevee, he is stronger and smarter than Ash.

... Gary started with a Squirtle. 0_o They didn't show his Eevee until Johto.

Gary, definately. Gary should've beaten Ash but Ash being the main character, of course, wins. -_-U

At first, I didn't like Gary at all but later on, I began to like him more and more while I began to dislike Ash, Misty, Brock, May and Max even more and more.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I never really liked Gary. Dunno why O.o

So, I say Ashy!! <3

=D

Back