• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Gathering the Gang of Four" Episode Discussion

Years
  • Here is where you can discuss both the return of Ash's Kanto starters and the long-awaited Brandon rematch in "Gathering the Gang of Four".

My review to come forthwith.

Doing it early like before, because I need sleep.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Heh, you just wanted to make sure that YOU were the one to post it, didn't you?

As for the episode, I haven't seen the whole thing yet, but...would anyone like to tell me where Jessie got that ramen?

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Hehe, Jessie and James pretend to be Ramen sellers to catch Pika. Then at the end when they blasted off she ate some.

TR was my favorite part of the episode, they were pretty funny as usual. The only thing that annoys me is... How in the WORLD did they fly a balloon covered in METAL!? GAAH!! That makes me mad....

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • That Dusclops Will-o-Wisp was very strong, though. But overall that was one strong Dusclops and at first I thought that Charizard had it but he fainted. I was happy when I seen the gang of 4 back together again, they had a conflict at the beginning but they solved it

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Years
  • Heh, you just wanted to make sure that YOU were the one to post it, didn't you?

Fair enough. Heh. Well, I'll tell you what, since I'm feeling generous, you can take the next two episodes. Happy now? Hee.

I haven't seen the episode either, but from what I saw, about time Brandon got diversity, like his Dusclops. I'll do a "Whoo"?

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Can I do that last one? Teeheehee

This made me smile the whole time though the episode. It been a LONG time since we seen some of Ash's old starter pokemon like Squirtle. I mean a long time!!!! Then this episode showed that they did have a relationship even though Charizard never really interacted with the others. Seeing Ash's oldest pokemon together was nice for a change. Really nice. It was like going back to basics.

How come these dub titles are sounding Japanese like? Broken speech like?

It was a nice thing to see the memories when they all first met. This episode was full of those right? When Ash first met Charizard as a charmander in the rain. Then Squirtle and his buddies causing trouble. Also Blubasaur and how it was known as the greater protector of the village. I like it when the anime does these ties to the past and recall the roots of the characters. Then during the battle Ash and Charizard recalling their last major battle before Hoenn against Harrison and his Blaziken. Notice they change the DragonBreath to what it is now. Green flames to white mist?

Also if I hear anything about how could Ash forget about how fighting moves don't work on ghost type pokemon then I will ring their neck because even I forgot about that. I am also sure there was other viewers who did too because I remember looking at the episode pics and was puzzled at how Dusclops was able to survive Charizard's ultimate finishing move.

On a lesser note. Notice the shortage of Flamethrowers? Does anybody here think that if Ash would have used more Flamethrowers and less Steel Wing and DragonBreath that this battle would have been a bit better for him? Still I guess the writers wanted an intresting battle at the dispence of Charizard.

Team Rocket. A walk down memory lane for them too. Teeheehee. I guess this takes everybody to the good old times. I just don't want to think about how the balloon was able to float.

Now only three more episodes till the end. We are getting closer.

Years
  • OMG! This one rocked! Seriously it was great seeing Bulabsaur Squrtle, and Charizard again and together with Pikachu it was a reunion of old friends and teammates which is always the best. They finally added in flashbacks of how Ash met all his old starters years back which is the best. With his battle with Brandon it started like Charizard had the upper hand but Brandon was slick using Mean look and Confuse Ray Combo not a good outlook for Charizard, but then Ash reminds Charizard of all there battles and it snaped out of it! Looking like they are back on track Steel wing gets Dusclops and Charizard uses his stellar move Sesemic Toss to finish it off but uh-oh it failed! >.< And Charizard ended up fainting! They sure know how to make a dramatic battle now we need to wait til next weekend * sigh * But looks forward to it :P

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    They should've bought Pidgeot back also Buterfree... Then it's his complete Kanto Team Re-United.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    And nobody (well, DC hasn't seen it yet, so there's explanation) mentioned the "fourth wall" pun, with TR bringing up Season 10...well, at least we know it'll continue.

(of course, they also said that they're the "same old" Team Rocket, which we all know isn't the case)

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • What forth wall. I remember it being said but it rings no bells. Maybe you guys can explain it to me.

That is true. Ever since the Advance saga they have change and the only old part is just Meowth, Jessie and James. The others have change a lot! I was thinking that when they said that too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Very nice episode. It's great to see the original 'gang' back again. If only more of his originals would be seen in the newer episodes...

Also, I wonder how Ash is going to beat Brandon without Charizard. Or if he will at all...?

Dingbat

Cacnea is AWESOME.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Is it just me, or is the actual quality of the animation severely reduced these days? Ignoring VAs and the like.

Back