• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GB Set: Flareon Lv22

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    GB Set: Flareon Lv22/Vaporeon Lv29/Jolteon Lv24

[ EDIT: Added new section at the bottom! Could a moderator please change thread name to: GB Set: Flareon Lv22/Vaporeon Lv29/Jolteon Lv24 ]

Here we go, my second card out. Started it this morning, about 4-5 hours ago. Could have done it quicker, but got delayed quite a few times. Most of the comments I have on this card is the same as the other one.

Original GB card can be found at the Ultimate Pokémon Center (can't post links yet, google it up and look for a greyish site). Should be 61/228, C13 of the Mystery Set.

The illustration is as with the other card. The background is from the Clip Backs at Pokémon Zeo with some modifications by me (took the Fire Haze background and resized, twirled and pinched it), the Flareon pokémon is from the Ken Sugimori collection at Pokébeach, with some modifications (had to increase it's size, did some tricks to make it more defined and added some glow).

I made completely new numbering on the cards (I also changed the Dragonite one, see signature). Instead of the ???/228 based on the UPC site listing, I made my own listing with the 11 standard cards that were GB exclusive and the 6 promo cards that were GB exclusive.

Other than that, the same blending needed to be done with the fonts, and I still want feedback on the GB set logo. Should I remove the white border maybe?

Also, I talked to a friend who said he'd give the Dragonite illustration a go later today. He didn't promise anything (nor do I expect from him), but I might just have that unique picture for the dragonite somewhere in the near future :) If all is well, I might try to ask him to do more.

On a side note: The modified Dragonite card also had its rarity symbol removed. After all, it is a promo.

Looking forward to your feedback.

EDIT: Ok, instead of starting a completely new topic for each and every card, considering that this one still hasn't been out there long enough to gather many replies, and that these cards should probably all have been put into one topic due to the timespan between them, I'm adding them here.

So, check the signature for Vaporeon Lv29 and Jolteon Lv24. Same comments as usual, with the following added:

Vaporeon Lv29: The background is a merger between two different clip backs from Pokémon Zeo, with heavy modification. Too bad the Vaporeon has the wrong pose. Let's just hope I get an illustrator soon enough.

Wasn't sure about the placement for the 1 energy cost attack, so please help me get that one right. Any idea on where it should be placed?

Jolteon Lv24: No clipback from Pokémon Zeo this time. The background was done from scratch by me, although I must admit that I ain't entirely satisfied with it. Jolteon also has a completely wrong pose.

Check UPC for the original illustration art.

Last edited:

Great Chikorita

~ It's Raining Here! ~
    Years
    Kresjah said:
    Should I remove the white border maybe?

Nah, leave it as it is, ut I suggest that you should blur the white border a bit more to blend with the blank. But it's up to you. :)

Good Card! The only error that I see there is that the icon of Eevee is small and Whitish. The others are OK. :D 9/10

May I have a request? PLZ post the link to your cards in your posts, not just in your sig. If you change your sig, members might not see them in the future. thanks.

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    Thanks for your feedback :) Blending of the GB logo as well as text and other features will be done once I am completely positive that there are no more to do with the cards.

As for your request about links; Due to an odd forum limitation (probably to prevent people who join, spam a link, and then leave), I can't post links nor images in my posts before I have posted 15 posts. Right now my post count is probably about 4 posts... once I've done 15 posts, I'll edit my posts to include the pictures directly into the post.

Until then, sorry... have no other way than putting it in the signature.

EDIT: Oh, and the Eevee icon. Used the one from the "Evolution Solution" pack you can download from Pokémon Zeo. I could probably tweak it, but there is a saying in the sound recording business that goes like this: "bad stuff in is bad stuff out" (modified to remove ugly words :P). The quality will always be better if it was better in the original, than manipulating it to become better... so, you shouldn't happen to have a link to a place with better evolution pictures?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    Thanks :) I'll try to do one more today, but no guarantees. Anyways, regardless of whether I finish it or not, I will post a thread to display the plans for the whole set.

There is one thing that bugs me with the Vaporeon cards illustration. It will as mentioned be completely redone once I get the help needed for it, but until then, the current art has inconsistencies in the way of "painting" the background of the picture and the Pokémon itself.

Great Chikorita

~ It's Raining Here! ~
    Years
    Suberb Cards! They are cool! 9.5/10

Why don't you try doing the cards that are like the current ones?

Kresjah said:
    As for your request about links; Due to an odd forum limitation (probably to prevent people who join, spam a link, and then leave), I can't post links nor images in my posts before I have posted 15 posts. Right now my post count is probably about 4 posts... once I've done 15 posts, I'll edit my posts to include the pictures directly into the post.

Until then, sorry... have no other way than putting it in the signature.

Then try to do some attachment. :P (Not forcing you...;) )

As for the Evo pics... Are you using PSD types? Just because you can find the most organized ones in those types.

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    I was supposed to answer to this one yesterday. Had written the whole reply, then my internet went down... saved what I have written so that I could post it today, so here goes.

--------

Thanks to all of you for your very kind words :)

greatchikorita said:
    Why don't you try doing the cards that are like the current ones?

Then try to do some attachment. (Not forcing you... )

As for the Evo pics... Are you using PSD types? Just because you can find the most organized ones in those types.

The reason I'm not using the current card blanks is because these cards replicated the cards exclusively found in the Gameboy TCG game. This game uses only cards from Base Set/Fossil/Jungle, and thus I want to replicate the same style to make them blend in with the card style of the game. However, I couldn't find blanks for the Base Set/Jungle/Fossil, so I used the closest thing... Neo.

As I just replied in the Electrode post (I know you posted this long before I replied in the Electrode post, but I should reply to the questions asked here too), I couldn't find the attachment feature when posting this post... however, I did find it when doing the Gameboy Island Set thread.

I do indeed use the PSD types. The very same you can find on Pokémon Zeo->Card Accessories page.

Back