• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen GB Sounds,..Like it or not?

Like GB Sounds?

• Total voters

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
Years
  • It's a cool thing that Game Freak added a new Key Item in HG/SS called GB Sounds where you can listen to old MIDI soundtrack from the original G/S/C versions...I'd say I like it..how about you guys..??

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2014
    I didn't even know about it until yesterday. So I haven't gotten to try it. But I think it's awesome if it works. I miss the old songs. :3

Starling008

Fire Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I love it. It brings back old memories...Nintendo sure was careful not to anger old fans. With GB sounds, you can fully experience the charm of the original games.

Years
  • Heard of it, but never got far enough on in the game to get it. I reckon I'll probably use it everywhere, although not in Vermilion and Saffron Cities, as their themes are sooooo lovely I can't stand not having them.

Shame it wasn't available on Fr/Lg, eh?

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • I think it's a nice throwback to us vetrans that loved the old games, and to newcomers who want to know what things were like back in the day.
    So, yes. I love it, personally.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • I love the GB Sounds! Some of the songs sound a little different (like Dark Cave/Ice Path) due to the DS sound hardware, but most are dead on. Feels just like being 9/10 again.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Some of the songs sounds awful on it, but I love Violet City's theme on it. It takes me back to when I was 7.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • I haven't obtained the GB player yet but I'll probably switch back to the old music. It'll bring back a few memories and I've got a thing for music on retro games anyway so that's always good. =)

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • I like it, and I am glad that they implemented it into the game; good when I'm feeling down and want to bring on a nostalgia trip to perk up my spirits. But I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I play the game with GB sounds on all the time because, IMO, many of the remixes are just plain betterm and are more fitting for the style of graphics and gameplay.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I like it alot! I think its a really good idea! And its an all win since im sure all the nostalgic trolls must have liked it just a lil...?

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i just got it yesterday and its really awesome. i love the old music so im glad they included it

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    I love the GB sounds it made the game for me! Hell gamefreak should have just ported crystal into a DS cart and then just colored the overworlds if they did that the game would be better than any game ever

Back