• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen GBA Migration to Diamond

IMTHEONEKILLINU

DARKRAI for President!
    Years
    I just beat the last Elite. According to my save, I've seen 151 Pokemon. THat's all of the Pokemon in Sinnoh. Seen 151, Obtained 81. According to the manual for Diamond, I needed to have seen all Pokemon in the Sinnoh Pokedex to allow GBA migration. So why when I put the GBA in and the Diamond, power it up and start, it doens't show me the option for migration? Do I have to have beaten my copy of FR? Shouldn't it just allow me to import the Pokemon I have obtained in that game regardless because I didn't finish the game?

Help. Thanks.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    You have to get the National Dex and then go to Pal Park to transfer from a GBA game. You have all 151 Pokemon in your Dex, so just go to the lab in Sandgem to get the National Dex.

ihaveaquestion

idonthaveaquestion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2008
    i no you hav to hav the national dex... but do you have to have reached a certain point in the gameboy game to migrate them???

IMTHEONEKILLINU

DARKRAI for President!
    Years
    Cool. If all that I have ot do is go to Sandgem, then that's great.

EDIT: It worked, thanks!

And a "certain point"? What do you mean?

And does anyone know if I migrate my Pokemon from FR, I know they're gone from the game, so does that mean I basically start my FR all over again? Thanks.

Last edited:

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Pretty much just having the National Dex should be enough. And why would you start FR over again after Pal Parking your collection? I transferred everything I had in FR that I didn't have in anything else over to Pearl, then I sold my copy back to EB Games after getting the Electrizer with it. :P

IMTHEONEKILLINU

DARKRAI for President!
    Years
    I am only about 1/2 way through FR, but wanted to move over my Charizard, and the pokes that I've collected os far in that game. I just didn't want to start from the beginning again if I migrated my starter (Charmander now Charizard). Sure, I really want Squirtle and all, but I want to keep collecting from where I'm at, rahter than start again. Make sense?

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Go south from sandgem (requires surf) at the end of the path is pal park, after you reach there, and have the national dex, you can transfer =P

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I am only about 1/2 way through FR, but wanted to move over my Charizard, and the pokes that I've collected os far in that game. I just didn't want to start from the beginning again if I migrated my starter (Charmander now Charizard). Sure, I really want Squirtle and all, but I want to keep collecting from where I'm at, rahter than start again. Make sense?

Simple answer: breed another Charmander, THEN transfer your Charizard over.

IMTHEONEKILLINU

DARKRAI for President!
    Years
    I'm not that far into FR to ba able to do that. It's kinda why I was just trying to trade Combee and Gible eggs from Diamond for the older Pokemon. I may just have to trade Diamond Pokemon for FR Pokemon I think.

I didn't begin FR with any plan, and was only using it to see if I even liked the Pokemon games before buying Diamond. I didn't really know how to play, and now I'm stuck for the most part I think. To be honest, I haven't gone back to it since Diamond came out. I'm just in this now to collect the Pokemon, then get further into breeding (I've only bred Gibles and Combees so far), then into Battling.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
    I'm not that far into FR to ba able to do that. It's kinda why I was just trying to trade Combee and Gible eggs from Diamond for the older Pokemon. I may just have to trade Diamond Pokemon for FR Pokemon I think.

If you're saying what I think, then you can't trade 4th gen's like Combee backwards, isn't that maybe the problem... ?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009

I didn't begin FR with any plan, and was only using it to see if I even liked the Pokemon games before buying Diamond. I didn't really know how to play, and now I'm stuck for the most part I think. To be honest, I haven't gone back to it since Diamond came out. I'm just in this now to collect the Pokemon, then get further into breeding (I've only bred Gibles and Combees so far), then into Battling.

Hmm...I see......

*walks over to trading area*

IMTHEONEKILLINU

DARKRAI for President!
    Years
    Is there anyway to migrate more than 6 Pokemon per 24 hour period? I triedto change the clock on my DS, but then it'sdifferent from the game, and it say that if I change the game I still have to wait. I've got about 140 Pokemon to migrate and at 6 per day, it'll take me forever!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    You've no chance. The DS can detect whether or not you've changed the date. So all you can do is be patient, or else it'll make it worse.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2007
    ok i just read all the posted and i was kind of confuse.. if i did not finish fire red /sapphire (as in didn't beat the elite 4) i can still migrate my pokemon there to my Diamond?

Back