• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GCN, PS2, or XBOX?

GameCube, Playstation 2, or X-Box?

• Nintendo GameCube

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Sony Playstation 2

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Microsoft X-Box

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Playstation 2 is way better than Gamecube or Xbox.
    Square-Enix games are all the best! Final Fantasy VII is the greatest game of all time and its made for/by Playstation/PS2, so it could win my vote any day, but there are also more reasons why I think PS2 is better. PS2 features free online gaming and DVD player. The Grand Theft Auto series was made for PS2. Tony Hawk's games are best on PS2.
    The games for PS2 are more defined and are for more mature audiences. Gamecube's games tend to be more childish and have low replay value.

Obviously, more people dont agree with me(according to the poll) but then again, this is a Pokemon forum, so that is not surprising. I actually don't like ANY GCN games at all, not even Pokemon Collesium.

I also prefer the PSP over the DS. Again, the DS shows more childish games (super mario 64x4, sonic, donkey kong) I like the two-screen idea, but when you think about it, theres really no point in having it.
    On the contrary PSP has Final Fantasy titles awaiting it, Final Fantasy VII-AC is coming onto PSP, Tony Hawk's Underground 1&2, Grand Theft Auto games are in production, and Have U SEEN The Graphics on that!!! It looks as good a a PS2!

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Since this is a POKEMON community, almost all your votes are gonna be nintendo for sure..The thing about nintendo is that...wait...WHAT!?

WHO VOTED FOR X-BOX!?!? DIE!

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    I said Xbox. That was a though choice between Gamecube and Xbox. But my Halo fanboyism tells me Xbox. Also, I like the game choice on Xbox better than the Gamecube. PS2, in my opinion, doesn't have that good of a game choice at all. Dang, I haven't played my Gamecube since I got the Xbox. I another game for it.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    Dakota said:
    Since this is a POKEMON community, almost all your votes are gonna be nintendo for sure..The thing about nintendo is that...wait...WHAT!?

WHO VOTED FOR X-BOX!?!? DIE!

Eh heh heh ...I voted for Xbox. It just has all my favourite games on it, and I actually like the big controller.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2004
    I have all three and i have to say that xbox is the best, i love the controller S, it is proven to have the best graphics, Xbox live is much better than ps2 online and nintendos sad attempt at online gaming. The games are about tied, and you dont even need a memory card the Hard drive has 50000+ blocks for game space, i have about thirty games and their saves havnt even made a dent in the disk space number, but i do hve to hand it to gamecube for pikmin, metroid, animal crossing and colleseum but thats about all they have good(oops forgot ssbm)

Oh and britny, id dont know why you say ps2 games are more mature than xbox, xbox has both gta games too and their online play is still charged for games like everquest and now xbox live has madden YAAAAAAAAAAY
    and i dont think final fantasy is a very mature game unlike halo where you can attach grenades to aliens heads and watch them scream and claw at it untill they finally blow up leaving all kinds of blood everywhere and now xbox is getting manhunt the craziest gane of all

Last edited:

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    First of all, an all out killing spree is not mature. Obviously, if you cant even find the definition of maturity, you cannot label a game to be mature or not.
    Anyways, I said that stuff about PS2 Vs GCN. I know those games are out for Xbox too.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2004
    fist off brit, Mature is a rating from the esrb and stupid pointless rpgs are not mature they can be played by 4 yr olds, games like kingdom hearts and final fantasy are e-Teen rated. frowliking around with disney characters is not mature, and strange anime characters that dont know how to dress is also not mature by any standard. you will never catch adults to be playing final fantasy but yyou find more and more are playing games like vice city or madden but hey that is just how i feel

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    meh...call me a conspiracy theorist, but I dislike the X-box cuz I think it is a tool to hypnotize gamers into joining Bill Gates's army of evil minions so that he may one day take over the world.

err..yeah. As mature as I am as a person, I am a kid at heart, and thus I tend to prefer "kiddie" games over rated M games. Pok?mon and Mario games are my favorite. I think the darkest game I've ever played and enjoyed is the whole Metroid serires...

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2004
    what do u mean bill gates already controls the world and if you dont like it, well i dont want to explain what could happen JK

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    tyroge12 said:
    fist off brit, Mature is a rating from the esrb and stupid pointless rpgs are not mature they can be played by 4 yr olds, games like kingdom hearts and final fantasy are e-Teen rated. frowliking around with disney characters is not mature, and strange anime characters that dont know how to dress is also not mature by any standard. you will never catch adults to be playing final fantasy but yyou find more and more are playing games like vice city or madden but hey that is just how i feel

Thats not what I mean by mature. Read over.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    I'm a nintendo lover, but I had a hard desicion between GCN and PS2 and PS2 has won. I like any system with a Final Fantasy game. Also, on a side note, DS is obvously gonna have more RPGs than the PSP, thanks to the Dual screen.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    GCN all the way for me...Don't get me wrong X-Box fanboys, I love playing a good 16 man halo, but I just love playing Smash melee as well

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    DarkLink said:
    I'm a nintendo lover, but I had a hard desicion between GCN and PS2 and PS2 has won. I like any system with a Final Fantasy game. Also, on a side note, DS is obvously gonna have more RPGs than the PSP, thanks to the Dual screen.

How do you know they will have more RPGs?

Hmm, it seems that Sony has the Best-Selling RPG of all time.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Sony has pokemon red and blue? No I don't think they do

1) Super Mario Bros. (NES) - 40 Million
    2) Tetris (Game Boy) - 33 Million
    3) Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES) 18 Million
    4) Super Mario World (SNES) - 17 Million
    5) Super Mario Land (Game Boy) - 14 Million
    6) Super Mario 64 (N64) - 11 Million
    7) The Sims (PC) - 10 Million
    8) Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES) - 10 Million
    9) Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2) - 8.5 Million
    10) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (PS1) - 8 Million
    11) GoldenEye (N64) - 8 Million
    12) Donkey Kong Country (SNES) - 8 Million
    13) Super Mario Kart (SNES) - 8 Million
    14) Pokemon Red/Blue (Game Boy) - 8 Million
    15) Half-Life (PC) - 8 Million
    16) Tomb Raider II (PS1) - 8 Million
    17) Final Fantasy VII (PS1) - 7.8 Million
    18) Myst (PC) - 7 Million
    19) Gran Turismo 3 (PS2) - 7 Million
    20) Dragon Warrior VII (PS1) - 6 Million

Nope sorry, the game your thinking of is the SECOND best selling RPG. And the first is...WHADDYA KNOW!? A nintendo game...boo ya to that

sorry a1337a if I sound like I'm mad at you, I'm not. I like being friends with you, it's just sometimes I get all heated in debates.

Back