• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GCSE Results On 27th

Cнαяcнιc

Banned
Years
  • General Certificate of Secondary Education :]

When we complete all five years of secondary school we get a letter with our GCSEs in, and they are our grade in each specific subject we learnt such as, English etc.

And then to get into college we need the right GCSE from grade A to C, any below is a fail.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Sorry but not everyone has whatever-that-stuff is. Each country/State has a different standard of education.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Sorry but not everyone has whatever-that-stuff is. Each country/State has a different standard of education.

No way, really? I really thought that the entire world had the same standards and protocols. Wow.

Seriously, if you don't know what it is, don't post on this thread. It's just that simple.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Ah, I used to stress over this so much but I kinda predicted my grades and it doesn't seem so bad. I'm pretty sure I'll be a nervous wreck next week though haha.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I have my irish exams which are like GCSEs but taken at 15 instead.

Don't get my results until September though :(

Cнαяcнιc

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah I suppose, well good luck to all of you :D

It is just because it is soooo close, and this is what we have spent like 13 years of our lives to get :( I hope I get good grades :D

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Yeah I suppose, well good luck to all of you :D

It is just because it is soooo close, and this is what we have spent like 13 years of our lives to get :( I hope I get good grades :D

What are you hoping to get? Well we all do :3 ha

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • General Certificate of Secondary Education :]

When we complete all five years of secondary school we get a letter with our GCSEs in, and they are our grade in each specific subject we learnt such as, English etc.

And then to get into college we need the right GCSE from grade A to C, any below is a fail.

Technically, no. Employers and colleges look for students with a good amount of A* to C grades, and less so with those below. Which is why teachers encourage you to get at least a C grade. D and E grades are still passes, but aren't looked upon as favourably as C grades and above. F and below is a fail. I should know; I took my GCSEs last year, getting 3 As, 6 Bs and a C.

I got my AS level results today (Year 12/First year of college) and got an A, two Bs and a D. Not bothered about the subject I got the D in though.

For those who are wondering, this applies to those in the UK.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    It was the UK A Level results today!! My sister passed and i'm happy for her. Anyway, Exams can be stressful times, i hope anyone who is getting their results soon who are members of the PC Forums pass!!

Hassamu

Beamin'
    Years
  • Just got my AS Level results today, I was really nervous about that so I know how all you GCSEers feel.

Good luck everyone anyway.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Wow, I took my math exam one year early. Well, one of three exams we need to take over the course of the next two years. Well, I'm thinking I didn't do too well. I was predicted an A but I think I'll get a B, I'll be happy with anything C and above.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • I'm now starting to worry a little, since it's getting closer. I think I've messed up on half of them ><

Ah well, I suppose we'll find out on "Judgement Day" *Shot'd*

Cнαяcнιc

Banned
    Years
  • I'm now starting to worry a little, since it's getting closer. I think I've messed up on half of them ><

Ah well, I suppose we'll find out on "Judgement Day" *Shot'd*

6 days now :D We are bound to be worried because it is so close and we spent the last 13 years of school, to get these qualifications. We only need 5 A-C Gcses to actually pass.

I think I'll definately pass.

English Literature - English Language - Geography - Maths - Chemistry and Biology, that is Six. And I am doing both English Lit and Lang in College so I should be fine, all post your results when you find them out :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Well, no, you're wrong. Anything below E is fail. Upto E is pass, if you didn't know...
    They just like to scare you, and that's all... It's just that Upto C is considered an attractive result to catch the attention when getting employed and getting into colleges and universities.

I know because I took my GCSE in the past.

I should know; I took my GCSEs last year, getting 3 As, 6 Bs and a C.

I got my AS level results today (Year 12/First year of college) and got an A, two Bs and a D. Not bothered about the subject I got the D in though.

For those who are wondering, this applies to those in the UK.

Mind if I ask you what your subjects are in both?
    And the GCSE also applies for people outside UK, does it not?

Clearly it's the Gold Crystal Silver Emerald results, determining one's skill level in returns to Pokemon knowledge of second gen and a bit of third gen.
    Good one. But I was thinking of it already...

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019

6 days now :D We are bound to be worried because it is so close and we spent the last 13 years of school, to get these qualifications. We only need 5 A-C Gcses to actually pass.

I think I'll definately pass.

English Literature - English Language - Geography - Maths - Chemistry and Biology, that is Six. And I am doing both English Lit and Lang in College so I should be fine, all post your results when you find them out :D
    Are those the ones you're confident in passing? I'm confused haha. I need a B in English Lit otherwise there's a possibility I won't be able to study it in college :/ Pressure pressure! I did awful in the exam!

Years
  • It's all about A and AS level results from yesterday. ;D

Got my AS results, and one A level result. I got B grades in Philosophy & Ethics and Chemistry, A grades in General Studies and English Literature, and an A* in my Mathematics A level. I did the whole two year course in one so I can do Further Mathematics this year. 8D I'll be retaking two tests from my B grade subjects though - they were the ones I wanted A grades in. =/ Ah well, another year of Sixth Form to build on that. (Sixth Form > College *shot*)

If anyone cares, my GCSEs were four A* grades and seven A grades.

Last edited:
    Back