• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GDW Issue 8

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Game Developer's World
    The PokéCommunity's Game Developer publication~!
    Issue 8 - January 23rd, 2010
    Developed by: Yuoaman
    [a id]rhn1-welcome[/a id]
    Welcome! Welcome to GDW!
    I really don't have a prepared topic for this section here... so prepare yourself for some world class rambling.

First I want to mention that the podcast for this issue (which will be posted in the thread at a later time, whenever Mono finishes the editing <_<) was an incredibly complicated affair. Probably far more complicated than it had any right to be. The others who participated can attest to that fact.

Seriously, I thought I had the entire thing planned out, but the first scheduled day of the podcast Neo and AR would pop on at alternating times, leaving me and Poeman to spend most of the day sitting on Skype just praying that they would both be on together for enough time to do something. XD The second day however we were finally able to all get together, and completed the podcast, though of course that was after several hours of waiting, random conversation, and a couple of false starts...

I hope you guys appreciate the work we all put into it, and Neo wants to know if you can understand his accent. (He has quite the Irish brogue ;))

Now, I want to talk about something briefly before I get on with the actual issue. You, the readers, may be wondering why it is that Raptor hasn't been reviewed for GDW as of yet. And I, my good people, have an answer for you. I've waited so long to review Pokemon Raptor because after the EX version was announced I decided to wait until that was officially released, so people could get a more accurate picture of what was in the game. And then, after I continued my LP of Pokemon Quartz - in the Rom Hacking section - I came up with the idea of doing an LP of Raptor EX.

I asked O.G. Duke whether he would open to the idea of an LP for Raptor, and he seemed pretty open to the idea, and with the release of Raptor EX set for February 5th, I hope to have the LP posted soon after, for your pleasure. :D

tl;dr: Didn't matter much anyway.

(I also wanted to mention that my 'update database' article won't be posted, because of the 50,000 character limit.)

[a id]rhn1-reviews[/a id]
    Reviews and Previews! Checking out this game!

Pokemon Red Sand Preview by Yuoaman
    THREAD

Spoiler:

Pokemon Ryen Preview by Yuoaman
    THREAD

Spoiler:

[a id]rhn1-interviews[/a id]
    Interviews and Podcasts! Hear what they have to say!

Interview with Avatar by Yuoaman
    Spoiler:

Interview with shinylugia249 by Yuoaman
    Spoiler:

GDW Podcast 1 - Guests: Neo-Dragon/Atomic Reactor/Poeman
    Spoiler:

[a id]rhn1-sneakpeaks[/a id]
    Sneak Peaks and Developer Announcements! Info on your favorite projects!

Pokemon Asphar Sneak Peak by the 00Vampire
    Spoiler:

[a id]rhn1-tips[/a id]
    Pro Tips So that's how you do it.

Fakemon Review by Zephyr+
    (To be edited with more graphicall-y stuff by Zephyr in the future... probably... maybe...?)
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Switching System for RM2k3 by darkarceus
    (The first article submitted for this issue. :D)
    Spoiler:

[a id]rhn1-staff[/a id]
    Credits Who are you people!?

Here we list those who've contributed something to GDW, maybe you could be here someday?

Yuoaman - Editor
    I hate the fifty thousand character limit... -_-

Vampire://Krimm - CSS Designer
    Still love the design.

Zephyr+ - Tip Writer
    Thanks for submitting an article again, Zephyr.

darkarceus - Tip Writer
    Thank you for submitting so early, darkarceus.

Neo-Dragon/Atomic Reactor/Poeman - Podcast guests
    It was an honor being unorganized with you three.

Mono - Podcast Editor
    I want that podcast, Mono!

**All opinions expressed in articles published in GDW are the opinions of the author of said article, not GDW as a whole, or other writers.**

Last edited:

Death Strike

a.k.a Minions123
    Years
    Awesome. I'm glad that I'm the first person that posted. I love the Fakemon Review. Zephyr did a great job explaning the pros and cons and how it could be better. The Game reviews are also extremely useful for aspiring game developers, as you can learn by other's mistakes and what they have done well. I'll be waiting for the next issue soon! It makes me feel like I want to help!

Yuoaman

Years
    Awesome. I'm glad that I'm the first person that posted. I love the Fakemon Review. Zephyr did a great job explaning the pros and cons and how it could be better. The Game reviews are also extremely useful for aspiring game developers, as you can learn by other's mistakes and what they have done well. I'll be waiting for the next issue soon! It makes me feel like I want to help!

Thank you for the comments Minions, and I'm glad to hear that GDW could help you in some way.

Death Strike

a.k.a Minions123
    Years
    Your Red Sand preview made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You're a mang after my own heart, Yuoaman. <3

I agree... It made me feel warm and fuzzy too. I wish that it wasn't Game Developer's World, instead Game Developer's Weekly... then I would get to read great stuff WEEKLY! Wouldn' t that be great, Yuomoan? Actually... That's probably a load of work for you. =P

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Neo wants to know if you can understand his accent. (He has quite the Irish brogue )
    Lol, it's not the kinda of "diddly dee" irish as I say. I'm from Dublin, not from the country side lol. If you've ever heard Collin Farrell use his real accent (like in daredevil as the bad guy)- that's how I sound.
    Anyways, that was a funny line to read.

I really enjoyed this issue. Interviews were good, previews/reviews were good.
    The Pro tips were fun to read. I love Riceemans fakemon up there.

Looking forward to the podcast being posted.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    I can't wait to hear my echoing XD
    I read what interested me(which was most), and I have to say it was pretty nice ^_^

Yuoaman

Years
    Lol, it's not the kinda of "diddly dee" irish as I say. I'm from Dublin, not from the country side lol. If you've ever heard Collin Farrell use his real accent (like in daredevil as the bad guy)- that's how I sound.
    Anyways, that was a funny line to read.

I really enjoyed this issue. Interviews were good, previews/reviews were good.
    The Pro tips were fun to read. I love Riceemans fakemon up there.

Looking forward to the podcast being posted.

I apologize for my ignorance. "Irish brogue" sounded far better than "accent which Atomic Reactor could only understand half of the time". lol

And, for those who are interested, the article containing all of the updates was 7 pages in OpenOffice Writer. :\

And thanks for all of the comments, everyone.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Brogue is a silly word ^_^
    Which reminds me, whens the next podcast?

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Make a list of topics, have people sign up and say times their available in advance, and if their not there start without them, thats the only organization you need XD

Atomic Reactor

Ugh i cant wait for that podcast to be up :p
    Good read guys, can't wait for the next issue

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Wow, at first I was thinking that this is going to be stupid.

But now, it's freaking sweet! I am going to read this everytime there is a new one out!

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    This was a great read. Great job on it, I will be looking forward to more.

Yuoaman

Years
    Sorry, Mono, I didn't realize that you were away...

Also, the podcast has been edited into the first post so... yay, I s'pose.

I hope you all enjoy it, though. :D

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
    I feel sorry for Poeman xD, the conversation between you 4 was so natural and all, it was great to hear the most unorganized podcast ever =p, I'm looking forward to the next one.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    We had a long time to get acquainted making the conversation natural XD
    Just wondering...
    Do I have teh fangurlz yet :l

EDIT:
    I just listened to my mic, it's so clear except the repeating lol
    And I do rip mad beats AR :P

monkeybard

boop
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    This is really cool to read. I'm always looking for more games to peek at and I love Zephyr's Fakemon Reviews =D I'll keep a close eye on these.

Back